Passengers argument with staff in theter

antsp

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Not to turn up in person 30 mins prior. But to have made the booking via the app 30 mins before the show. 

I see. That is a different approach that might work better for everyone.  

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Are the lifeboats seated by class?

Yes, but the lifeboats have a terrible view of the stage.  But there's always a bunch of "I'm elite" folks there anyway, because it's their due.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Are the lifeboats seated by class?

Yes.  The elite section is easily identified.  Those seats have an amenity kit, blanket, bottle of water and better cushion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, ldtr said:

here is a picture of the 40 seats reserved for Princess Premier on Majestic.

Not to be confused with the 14 other blue backed seats that are clearly identified as being handicapped.

20230720_175557.jpg

I'll take pictures of things that can trigger an elite with a standard fare for $200, Alex.  

We're elite. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Yes.  The elite section is easily identified.  Those seats have an amenity kit, blanket, bottle of water and better cushion.

Not anymore ... supply chain issues ... maybe lucky to just get a ____________ (fill it in)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, deltahog said:

How is seat saving viewed in the theater/s - entertainment venues?  I would only need to save 1, not a whole row.

I have no problem with one person saving one seat - more than one becomes 'issues'

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deltahog said:

How is seat saving viewed in the theater/s - entertainment venues?  I would only need to save 1, not a whole row.

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I have no problem with one person saving one seat - more than one becomes 'issues'

There's no problem other than a dozen of more people that will ask you if the seat is taken. It's best to bring a jacket/sweater to put over the chair to fend them off. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, deltahog said:

On previous cruised on Princess the announcements usually included the statement about no saving of seats. That statement is missing on my current cruise on Majestic.

Even with the announcement saving one seat for spouse not an issue.

Have seen a few confrontations over the years, including a few when ships personnel stepped in, when some have tried saving a larger number of seats.

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Have seen a few confrontations over the years, including a few when ships personnel stepped in, when some have tried saving a larger number of seats.

Although I haven't seen it yet, I suspect there might be some people who see the reserved seating sections and take it upon themselves to save a row of seats for friends & family. 

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Although I haven't seen it yet, I suspect there might be some people who see the reserved seating sections and take it upon themselves to save a row of seats for friends & family. 

It's easy.  Just drape a pool towel over the seat and you're all set.  The staff will treat them just like they do reserved loungers on the Melanoma Deck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

It's easy.  Just drape a pool towel over the seat and you're all set.  The staff will treat them just like they do reserved loungers on the Melanoma Deck. 

That actually might work. 😃 They never seem to do anything at the pool unless you actually ask them to remove the articles.

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Some tried doing that well before the Premier seating area. 

19 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Some tried doing that well before the Premier seating area. 

Yes, I've seen it happen a few times but now that Princess is reserving seats to the Premier package people it'll probably just encourage others without the package to do likewise for their friends. 

Time will tell. 

On 7/21/2023 at 7:46 AM, bemis12 said:

Yes, but the lifeboats have a terrible view of the stage.  But there's always a bunch of "I'm elite" folks there anyway, because it's their due.

Those seats are for anyone who purchased the Premium package.  Has nothing to do with loyalty level or stateroom type.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, MissP22 said:

Yes, I've seen it happen a few times but now that Princess is reserving seats to the Premier package people it'll probably just encourage others without the package to do likewise for their friends. 

Time will tell. 

For me, the best seat in the house for production shows is anywhere in the back where I can leave easily if it's overamplified or if the show sucks.

AND, if I do stick around for a show, I can bolt immediately before the cruise director starts his/her entertainment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

For me, the best seat in the house for production shows is anywhere in the back where I can leave easily if it's overamplified or if the show sucks.

AND, if I do stick around for a show, I can bolt immediately before the cruise director starts his/her entertainment.

So true. 

We always get there early as well but like the first level seating on the aisle. We always dart out before the CD comes out & starts his reading of the nights activities. Why people want to sit there is beyond me. 

Maybe they feel obligated?

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

So true. 

We always get there early as well but like the first level seating on the aisle. We always dart out before the CD comes out & starts his reading of the nights activities. Why people want to sit there is beyond me. 

Maybe they feel obligated?

Maybe they think a worthwhile joke is coming?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Or maybe we view it as rude to stand up and walk out while someone is still up on stage!  

Common courtesy or rather these days uncommon courtesy 

11 hours ago, ldtr said:

Common courtesy or rather these days uncommon courtesy 

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Or maybe we view it as rude to stand up and walk out while someone is still up on stage!  

People are welcome to stay there as long as they like while I'm getting a seat at the next event. They can walk by and listen from the entrance. 

• Like 2