The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 20th, 2023

richwmn

Today is National Ice Cream Soda Day, National Hot Dog Day, and National Lollipop Day

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.--Elbert Hubbard

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow Cooker Bbq Ribs
Drink of the Day - Midori Splice
Wine of the Day -
Destination of the Day - Sognefjord, Norway

Today in History:
1921 Congresswoman Alice Mary Robertson becomes the first woman to preside over the floor of US House of Representatives

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea destination Skjolden, Norway eta 22 Jul

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 0800-1800

Oosterdam

Souda, Greece 0800-1800

Rotterdam

Nordfjoreid, Norway

Volendam

At Sea destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska eta 21 Jul

Westerdam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia 0830-1600

Zuiderdam

Halifax, Nova Scotia 0800-1600

0720World.thumb.png.fdc7fa08c3cab1167222f6eb24789eff.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 14

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Oh boy what a nice collection of treats that we have for the days today.  I say yes to all of them.  I like the quote and it’s true, hopefully some of the new friends that we made yesterday will become true friends over time. Both the meal and drink suggestions sound good to me.  I have not been to today’s port.  Praying for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today! 🍾

• Like 32

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie/Tina, Dixie, and Ann.  I would enjoy an ice cream soda but haven't seen one in years.  I enjoy both hot dogs and lollipops.  I like the Hubbard Quote.  I have not been to Sognefjord. Women have made a lot of progress in the last 102 years but still there are too many gender gaps.  This is also the 54th anniversary of "One small step for man".

The Ribs sound nice.  I'll pass for now on an alternative. 

It will be a very hot day here but my thoughts for those who would find a relief in our 90's temperatures.

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  Is today's wine people's choice today?  Works for me! 😂  Our weather is warm 74 and muggy, with partly cloudy skies and a high of perhaps 95!!

Today is National Ice Cream Soda day which I think I'll pass on.  Just give me ice cream!  Yesterday was National Hot Dog Day (I prefer Nathan's), and I was a big fan of lollipops when I was a kid.  Not so much anymore.  Today's quote is nice!  Slow cooker BBQ ribs sound delicious!  Not sure what a Midori Splice is but will soon find out.  The day in history was a great one for women who even in 1921 had a lot fewer rights than men did.  We had just gotten the right to vote!  Anyway, let me thank our friends Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for reporting today.  Can't wait to see what wine Ann has for us!

Prayers for all on the Care list, especially those who have loved ones.  Hoping all the doctor visits go well for our group, and special prayers for Baby Murphy, my DB and my friend's DB Mark.  🙏  Three cheers to the Celebration list and all who sail this month!🥂🚢  I heard from Brenda on the Volendam and all is well.  Their daughter Jaana says the food is the best she's ever had (no offense Mom!).  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for handling the lists for us!

The port of the day is Sognefjord, Norway and it is a first here.  I even tried searching for all Norway ports and didn't come up with Sognefjord before.  Therefore no link and no photos to move.  Please feel free to show us another beautiful Norway port if you have been to Sognefjord before.  Thank you!

Hoping you all have an enjoyable and safe, healthy Thursday!

• Like 31

Good afternoon.

It is currently 66°F and sunny here in North East England.

Thank you Rich for supplying today's fleet reports and Daily topics.

3 nice days today.

A meal,desert and drink for our days today.

A true quote for most of us with partners.

Today's meal sounds delicious.

Prayers 🙏 for improved health for all on our care list.

Good wishes for wonderful cruises for those on or due to board a ship soon.

Take care and stay safe friends.

God bless.

Graham.

• Like 30

Midori Splice cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1 part Cream
Garnish with Pineapple Slice

Instructions
Fill the glass with ice. Pour in Midori®, coconut rum, and pineapple juice. Stir gently from the bottom of the glass and top with ice. Layer cream on the top Garnish with a pineapple wedge/slice.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 6.52.23 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie/Tina, Dixie, and Ann.  I would enjoy an ice cream soda but haven't seen one in years.  I enjoy both hot dogs and lollipops.  I like the Hubbard Quote.  I have not been to Sognefjord. Women have made a lot of progress in the last 102 years but still there are too many gender gaps.  This is also the 54th anniversary of "One small step for man".

The Ribs sound nice.  I'll pass for now on an alternative. 

It will be a very hot day here but my thoughts for those who would find a relief in our 90's temperatures.

Roy

Roy I remember July 20, 1969 because DH was in ROTC at Fort Riley, Kansas and I had to describe over the phone what was going on with the moon mission.  He would be home a few weeks later and our wedding was coming up in September.  1969 was a very big year news wise!

• Like 27

Good morning.  Thank you for the Report.

A pleasant day for us, sunny and a high of 27C (81F).

I haven't had an ice cream soda or a lollipop in years.  I'll pass on hot dogs.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, I'll pass on the drink, hope the wine is tasty.

I haven't been to today's port.  Thanks in advance for pictures and comments.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Luvteaching’s friend on 7/12

The passing of Ger_77’s friend on 7/16

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, with complications

NextOne’s friend Denny with a large stroke, and his DW Bonnie

Catmando family issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Ill Dailyite pets - Kazu’s Ivan, Heartgrove’s Sam, Crazy For Cats’ Jasper

5 deaths in Bucks County flash flooding; 2 children missing

Death of firefighters working Canadian fires

All affected by wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend B with medical issues

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering from surgery

Lady Hudson’s DH needing PT for leg strength

Denise T with blood sugar elevations since having Covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Baby Murphy off ECMO

Aliaschief’s DD and DGC visiting

Seasick Sailor’s new fur baby Oliver 

Kazu’s Ivan showing improvement

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta July 21 to Aug 1)

2 days for Crazy For Cats (Zaandam July 22 to July 29)

2 days for Dfish (Zaandam July 22 to 29, July 29 to August 23) celebrating her Sister’s retirement and Dfish’s birthday

2 days for NextOne (Zuiderdam July 22 to August 25)

Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Typical hot and muggy day. Will be this way until the end of summer, I guess. 

Working from the office today. Not a big fan of ribs. I will try the drink of the day. 

Thinking of everyone on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

• Like 29

Good morning.   I haven't had an ice cream soda since I was a kid. I like hot dogs and if a Tootsie Roll Pop was sitting around the house, especially cherry, I might enjoy it.  Today's quote is a great one.    I love ribs in fact we are doing a trial run today on something called pork wings for our get together.   Pass on the melon drink and I will conjure up my own wine of the day later.   I haven't been to today's port.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn!

Thanks Vanessa for today's cares and celebrations reports.  I am happy to see some upcoming cruising for our group.   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  

We had a long day yesterday as we left earlier than I would choose so we did a lot of sitting around waiting for my nail appointment time to arrive and then we got to the Fun Bar in Dunbar (Wisconsin) for our chef's dinner.   It was really tasty except for the first course which included the the dreaded goat cheese.   It was a stuffed pork loin with bread stuffing, bacon and cranberries, then pan fried potatoes and beans, finished with a pecan tart that we brought home.  The caramel sauce on the plate itself was fantastic.    Then we had a long 2 hour drive back into the woods, thank goodness the herds of deer we saw all through WI were far away on not in the road.  We made it to our turnoff road off the highway at dusk.   Another cool and windy day here so I will be cleaning the cabin.   We are finally going to get a warm up here beginning tomorrow.   

@StLouisCruisers just like your DH John was at basic training for the National Guard near Seattle, they had no communication with the outside world and didn't know the momentous event had happened.   I was riding my horse when a friend came out of her house and told me they had landed on the Moon.   I turned around and headed home to watch the "first step". 

My wine of the day is Beaux Freres Pinot Noir from the Ribbon Ridge apellation in Oregon.   Enjoyed on our balcony of the Old Rotterdam, February 2019.  

deck dinner 21619.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day here and I can give the ac a break, temps in the 70's and low humidity.  It won't last but the weather looks good for those boarding the Zaandam on Saturday.   I like ribs so I'm curious about today's recipes. It's going to be a busy work morning but hopefully the afternoon is quiet.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 

20230522_060931.thumb.jpg.b42f13b6f258d52e3ef622dca09f620f.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Quite the collection of “not good for you foods” day LOL.  Some people will celebrate them all and others will avoid them.  An ice cream soda sounds the most tempting n the group.

I like today’s quote - quite true.  If DD DH was still here I would gladly make ribs but they aren’t worth the trouble for just me and I can only eat a couple.  I’ll fill in the blank on the wine with my New Zealand cardboardeaux.

IMG_0797.jpeg.f0dcd7dbd64678b987609ac287038d14.jpeg

Another hot humid one here today.  Seems either it’s hot and humid, or rainy, hot and muggy.  A never ending litany.  LOL.  I’ll try to tackle some more weeds despite the weather after some quick groceries & wine shopping.  And I have more Arts and Crafts to do today - name tags & Meet & Greet invites.  I thought at 75 M & G invites I had made more than enough but our numbers keep growing and I did not estimate high enough 😬

IMG_0794.thumb.jpeg.f1036c3d4dd55ad04193c8c524bfc5ea.jpeg

Prayers to those on the Care list, those who are suffering losses and health issues and those that need them.  Cheers to all those celebrating.

IMG_0808.jpeg.a5ee0cd9794809f7b098b8e4b454560f.jpeg

Have a good Thursday everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another lovely morning here! We did not have one drop of rain yesterday! 🥳 But the humidity was thick enough to make me wish for some.  Happily, we had wonderful ocean breezes on the coast! 

Vanessa, thank you for compiling and sharing our happenings! Zumba, Bindi walks, chores & 🤞🏻 some pool time just might keep me busy. 

I believe I shared these last year, too - but….

IMG_3809.jpeg.cb371d65e24efae6014ba0916abcc245.jpeg

IMG_1508.jpeg.c5ea3cc9dabdeffc139dc21556cddb01.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

King Estate Willamette Valley Pinot Gris 2021

Imagine, if you will, a morning where you open the R & D and discover not only is there NO wine du jour 😱, but the year’s wine list sent to me in December by the Editor-in-Chief stops at May! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 The horror!

Luckily there is so much wine to discover & share. 

My latest discovery is this lovely Pinot Gris from King Estate. I do not usually gravitate towards Pinot Gris, but this one is an exception. 

IMG_1513.jpeg.6a09a6940b46bfe6f0efc3c8aac84ffa.jpeg

Truthfully, I am a fan of every one of their wines I tried. Consumers and at least a few critics agree with me. it is easy to find online and in stores with online prices starting at $16.94.

Winemaker Notes

Classic hallmarks of Pinot Gris appear on the nose with aromas of ripe pear, lime zest, peach, honeysuckle and lemon blossom. The wine starts off nice and round on the palate with ripe fruit flavors of Asian pear, key lime and nectarine accompanied by jasmine and damp slate. The entrance is followed by bright acidity that carries through to a fresh, balanced and lingering finish.
W&S90 Wine & Spirits
Scents of mango and peach hint at a rich wine, but this is youthful and firm on the palate, with plenty of brisk acidity. It needs a few months to settle into itself.
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Good morning. Interesting days but should be renamed getting fatter days. Missed the ribs by one day. They turned out well but 7 year old said they were too spicy. Same exact recipe of the one she loved and requested.

It will be another trip to pool and I’ll be back on grill for tonight’s Korean Style Beef ribs

Time for coffee 

Thanks for the Fleet and special reports.

image.thumb.jpeg.40abc53e614bcf0fe76780f6cdff1e30.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f6c32d49b64715bc55c88542218cdd40.jpegimage.jpeg.a03f7ec32ce98484b299e9926b7288a7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.500dbc4663bdbc4d2cb58dac2ee47d1b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c991c66d784ad14de4c74dc19d324412.jpegimage.jpeg.dfbf083d6d1279be3a17acf671bff441.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 23

Good morning. Our temperatures are still hot and humid. Lou and I have an appointment with the regular surgeon today. Hopefully the amount of walking,standing and general activity will be manageable.

I will pass on all of the food offerings. I never liked hot dogs. Yesterday I made the chicken gyros and I used tofu as Debbie @dfish suggested for the vegetarians. They were delicious even though I thought the sauce would clash with the tofu. Clean plates were noted around the table.

My DB and I were reminiscing about sitting in our aunts’ kitchen with our cousins  and watching the first moon walk. It was a black and white TV and such a grainy picture but one remembers well the amazement it brought to all of us.

I hope baby Murphy is doing better these days. It has to be so difficult for the family.

It is exciting to see that so many are going on cruises soon. The Boston weather sounds promising for @Crazy For Cats  and @dfish. Boston traffic has been worse than usual this summer my family reports so allow more time than usual. It took my DSIL two hours on Wednesday to get to a medical appointment. It is usually a 45 minute trip at most.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning from a cloudy but warm day at the beach

I make ice cream sodas for my DD. She really enjoys them. We all like Hot dogs but have not had a lollipop in years. The quote is a good one. Have not been to to todays port.

Yes today is the 54 anniversary of the moon landing. There was a huge celebration here for the 50th. Heard there are some plans for the 55th.

My vacuum cleaner finally died while I was cleaning up after all the company. Need to research a new one. I have mostly tile floors with oriental in the dining and living rooms. 

Prayers and strong thoughts for all who need them.  Wish I was going on a cruise!  We had to postpone our booked ones this year due to my surgery. Happy sailing to those that are. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 30