Allure questions

On the Allure in a suite in September. 

— Does anyone know what night Mamma Mia is performed? And it’s the full show right? Like two hours? My wife wants to see it so I want to plan around it.  

— Is it hard to get a cabana on this ship? I had to get up pretty early on Harmony to get one, but we enjoyed them.

— Do they open the tennis courts for pickle ball?

Mamma Mia is performed multiple times throughout. We reserved it for the first night. It is the full-length show, with intermission.

We did see people playing pickle ball. The staff put up the nets at certain times and then took them down so that the basketball goals could be used.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2

I remember mama mia at 7 pm, next night 8 pm, another afternoon toward the end. 3 times kne week, 4 the next. So not the same times 2 weeks in a row.

Its 2.5 hours with a 15 minute intermission. A guy next to me broke it up into 2 pieces. Half at a time rather than sit so long. Its fabulous but it is long.

14 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

On the Allure in a suite in September. 
— Does anyone know what night Mamma Mia is performed? And it’s the full show right? Like two hours? My wife wants to see it so I want to plan around it.  

— Is it hard to get a cabana on this ship? I had to get up pretty early on Harmony to get one, but we enjoyed them.
— Do they open the tennis courts for pickle ball?

They usually offer Mamma Mia 2-3 evenings and one matinee. We were on Allure for Spring Break 2021 and again in 2022. They offered one additional evening of the show in 2021 than they did in 2022. The matinee in 2021 was on a sea day and the matinee in 2022 was during the port day in Cozumel, which I found very strange.

The days and times changed from 2021 to 2022 so the only advice I can really give is to maybe see if you can get an idea from the app in a similar sailing that is earlier than yours, and then stalk the reservation page at the beginning of the month, the month prior to your cruise, to see the exact days and times. 

I don't even remember there being Cabanas by the pool on Allure so no clue about that. 

They DO open the tennis courts for pickleball, usually every morning from 8-11am-ish (some variations on some days). I remember this past April, pickleball was available on embarkation day. 

Are you talking about the cabana type things on the suite sun deck?  Don't remember if I have ever been on the suite sun deck on Allure but I have on other ships and just like chair hogs I have always seen people's stuff on them early but no people.

JUst a little info on Mamma Mia. Have seen it many times since the start . Near the end  many people get up and start out and they miss the best of the performance. They come out like the final goodbye and then say "Do you want more/" and they go into around ten minutes of non stop  dancing and singing. We have five booked on Allure starting Oct 25th  in Cananveral so don't know yet what they will do o on tmes for 3 & 4 day.      Bob & Nancy

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I've reserved shows but can't figure out how to reserve the restaurants on our dining package without them charging my CC?  Any clues or is it just a mad dash to a venue on boarding?

Dining package reservations must be done onboard. I've never bought one but most people recommend going to a dining venue and getting that done 1st thing.

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I've reserved shows but can't figure out how to reserve the restaurants on our dining package without them charging my CC?  Any clues or is it just a mad dash to a venue on boarding?

Dash to a venue, all package reservations can only be made after boarding.I would say head to Izumi  and make all your reservations, the other specialty restaurants would have long lines on boarding day.  We have passed large groups waiting in line at 150 or Chop's and then gone to Izumi with no one there.  If you are stuck and waiting to board sometimes you can make reservations via the app when in the terminal. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Highly recommend you write down prior to your cruise your preferred schedule.   Makes it much easier when you walk up to a venue to book onboard.

• Like 1

I'm way ahead of ya!  LOL  Got my list all made up and everything done on app BUT the specialties. Think I'll go to Solarium Cafe to do the rez.  We wanted to eat lunch there boarding day.  The Kummelwick is just a snack 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm way ahead of ya!  LOL  Got my list all made up and everything done on app BUT the specialties. Think I'll go to Solarium Cafe to do the rez.  We wanted to eat lunch there boarding day.  The Kummelwick is just a snack 😁

I don't think there will be anyone in the solarium to make your reservations.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thx, we'll do Giovanni's then the original plan as we'll be in Park Cafe getting the roast beef.

BTW, well done using the correct strategy and visiting more than one venue during the same meal time. 👍

• Thanks 1