Sun bed hogs.

Malleykatt

Maybe it’s time for Princess to do what Royal Caribbean does, make you check out pool towels, and if you don’t return them you will be billed for them.  It would certainly cut down on chair saving, as one person wouldn’t be allowed to take numerous towels and save multiple chairs for their group. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, antsp said:

I've have mover stuff loads of times, I have great pleasure in doing so

Do you move it yourself or have the attendants move it.  Many times I do it myself and then play dumb in the unlikely event that someone comes and tries to reclaim the loungers that they claimed early in the morning.  Often what I do it stack a whole bunch of stuff from many chairs on just one chair.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

But what if the person is in the pool? I think that deserves a little consideration. 

With no coverup, flip-flops, or anything on the chair? If a person would come and say, "That's my chair and towel," I guess I would graciously move.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

Maybe it’s time for Princess to do what Royal Caribbean does, make you check out pool towels, and if you don’t return them you will be billed for them.  It would certainly cut down on chair saving, as one person wouldn’t be allowed to take numerous towels and save multiple chairs for their group. 

Not necessarily. These good people came prepared!

IMG_7912.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

I saw, and met them....Enchanted Princess earlier this year...

Were they a nice couple?  Just because we see the printed t-shirt doesn't mean they are hogs and leave chairs empty all day.  In the photo, they are with the chairs afterall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Were they a nice couple?  Just because we see the printed t-shirt doesn't mean they are hogs and leave chairs empty all day.  In the photo, they are with the chairs afterall.

Sure...they were OK....CDN. They had that same spot since before dawn on Superbowl Sunday, too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I like their sense of humor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They were in their chairs most of the time. Very rarely did I not see one or both of them in the chairs. 
We just thought their messaging was a little brash. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:38 AM, Teechur said:

An hour would allow someone to go to the buffet, for example, but I agree that 30 minutes would be even better. Meanwhile, there is currently no limit, which is awful. 😠

Opinions vary on this.  Mine is if someone wants to go sit in a dining area and eat, they should give up the chair.  

I wonder if it is it only a matter of time before there are fees to reserve pool chair time slots.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We have our towels, and clips, and leave our bag with books and items on our chairs and table if we have one.  Never had a problem, but we also aren't gone for hours at a time. 

Please define "hours at at time". 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If you read the previous comments, it should be self explanatory.  You can be gone for 30 minutes by default, but many people hold chairs for longer than that, hence the hours at a time comment.

I don't think this problem is created by those who leave temporarily.   The problem is those who stake out a chair for future use when they are not even on the pool deck.   Even the 30 minute rule can be abused by some.  They can check in every 30 minutes but the chair remains unused most of the day.   My current thinking is that if someone is leaving the pool deck area then that chair should be available.  

Some day we might be required to pair our medallion to the lounge chair.  A green light will show when the medallion is out of range!  😃 😃😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

The problem is those who stake out a chair for future use when they are not even on the pool deck.

Agree

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

My current thinking is that if someone is leaving the pool deck area then that chair should be available

I would suggest it needs to be 30 minutes.  Most people can do whatever they need to do (bathroom, food, drink) in 30 minutes and get back to their chair.

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Some day we might be required to pair our medallion to the lounge chair.  A green light will show when the medallion is out of range!  😃 😃😃

And you will be charged $5 everytime you sit down. 

34 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

If you read the previous comments, it should be self explanatory.  You can be gone for 30 minutes by default, but many people hold chairs for longer than that, hence the hours at a time comment.

I like it and believe most (except the chair hogs) would agree with your assessment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bgwest said:

I like it and believe most (except the chair hogs) would agree with your assessment. 

Last I knew 30 minutes was the Princess policy, although I don't know if that is written anywhere.  We are pool people (well, the wife is, so I do it too), and we are out there early and typically only leave to go to the bathroom, get something to eat, etc.  

I do agree people who put out towels and such early and then don't show up till noon are wrong.  The deck hands really should figure out a way to track that at some level.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I would suggest it needs to be 30 minutes.  Most people can do whatever they need to do (bathroom, food, drink) in 30 minutes and get back to their chair.

I have no problem with 30 minutes as long as the user is at the pool deck.  Food and drink can be ordered on the medallion.  They have bathrooms on the pool deck area.  It is those who leave the pool area for something else who need to give up their claim to a chair.  

I recognize my opinion is likely not a popular one.  

• Like 2

Food and drink can be ordered on the medallion

Isn't that something you are going to have to pay for in the near future?

I have no problem with 30 minutes as long as the user is at the pool deck.

What is your reasoning where they need to be if they are only gone 30 minutes.  I can go to my room, the IC, Passenger services, lots of places and be back in 30 minutes.  When I need to go to the bathroom, I go back to my cabin for example.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't think this problem is created by those who leave temporarily.   The problem is those who stake out a chair for future use when they are not even on the pool deck.   Even the 30 minute rule can be abused by some.  They can check in every 30 minutes but the chair remains unused most of the day.   My current thinking is that if someone is leaving the pool deck area then that chair should be available.  

The technology is there. This is actually kind of genius. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kywildcatfanone said:

Isn't that something you are going to have to pay for in the near future?

What is your reasoning where they need to be if they are only gone 30 minutes.  I can go to my room, the IC, Passenger services, lots of places and be back in 30 minutes.  When I need to go to the bathroom, I go back to my cabin for example.  

My reasoning is most leaving for lengthy times are not as nice as you.  If use is restricted to those actually using the pool area, then the problem is greatly reduced.   Unfortunately, considerate folks (like you) pay the price.   However, it won't happen because it can't or won't be enforced 

• Like 1