What is the lowest you've seen classic soda package?

I know everyone talks about alcohol but I'm not buying that. Hubby has been sober 2 years so getting him Refreshment package. Getting myself classic soda package and then I'll use our diamond drinks to get water or fresh oj or a virgin frozen drink. 

Doing 7 nights on Freedom next August.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

I know everyone talks about alcohol but I'm not buying that. Hubby has been sober 2 years so getting him Refreshment package. Getting myself classic soda package and then I'll use our diamond drinks to get water or fresh oj or a virgin frozen drink. 

Doing 7 nights on Freedom next August.

About $8 + 18%, Freestyle machine or from the gun. Could not get canned soda on Quantum or Ovation. I was able to get two cans of Coke Zero  with one voucher on Quantum but not on Ovation. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

Ok the classic is at 9.99 today. I guess I should grab it. Hoping the Refreshment package goes on sale around black Friday. It's still way too high for no alcohol. I mean I know the refreshment includes water and virgin drinks but right now it's $34 a day that's still too much  especially adding tax and 18% grats😱

• Like 3

Just now, toxicfairy said:

Ok the classic is at 9.99 today. I guess I should grab it. Hoping the Refreshment package goes on sale around black Friday. It's still way too high for no alcohol. I mean I know the refreshment includes water and virgin drinks but right now it's $34 a day that's still too much  especially adding tax and 18% grats😱

We got the refreshment package for $26.99/day recently but it is for Serenade.  Bigger ships seem to be more expensive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

About $8 + 18%, Freestyle machine or from the gun. Could not get canned soda on Quantum or Ovation. I was able to get two cans of Coke Zero  with one voucher on Quantum but not on Ovation. 

That’s odd. We have never had an issue getting a can when we asked.

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The best deal on the soda package is to not get it all. No one needs all that sugar.

Mom was a Dentist, been Drinking Diet Soda for 50+ yrs. Have carried on Diet Dew on Royal Ships for 3 Decades

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The best deal on the soda package is to not get it all. No one needs all that sugar.

Oh thank you I really haven't thought about that. Yes I could go on vacation and drink water day and night. Why do people feel the need to respond like this?

I'm 56 yrs old I think I can handle my own food and soda intake.

You do you I'll do me.

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I want caffeine free diet Coke with my happy hour drinks. Only available in the free style Coke machines since the restart. I don't need all that caffeine. The alcohol is free.  So I buy the mixer. Buy it on the pre cruise planner  and get the discount.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I want caffeine free diet Coke with my happy hour drinks. Only available in the free style Coke machines since the restart. I don't need all that caffeine. The alcohol is free.  So I buy the mixer. Buy it on the pre cruise planner  and get the discount.

I don't drink coffee or tea or alcohol.  I need my caffeine and Coke Zero is my crutch haha. All the caffeine none of the calories!!

Edited by toxicfairy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Soda : $6.99 is the lowest I have seen.... last year Black Friday deals.

Refreshment: $16 99 (from $26.99)....quite some time back. Don't remember what sale.

Same. Got it at $6.99 on one of the Black Friday sales but it has been staying no lower than $8.99 for a long time and is generally $9.99. Royal has to pay off that Covid debt. 😉

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

I don't drink coffee or tea or alcohol.  I need my caffeine and Coke Zero is my crutch haha. All the caffeine none of the calories!!

There are soo many reasons to buy the package, none due to the sugar BS. 

It is not that we want lots of sodas, we get choices that only Freestyle offers.

Before the shutdown, my first request was for caffeine free, and hope for the best.

Worked maybe 80-90% of the time. I slept much better those trips. Post shutdown, I gave up and bought the cup. Later, did it on the planner.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NightOne said:

Same. Got it at $6.99 on one of the Black Friday sales but it has been staying no lower than $8.99 for a long time and is generally $9.99. Royal has to pay off that Covid debt. 😉

Yup, seen pretty much same. Soda Pop was up to $10.50 pre-CV on 5 my Cruises for 2020-2021 that didn't sail. Then $6.99 Sales during CV shutdown/startup, after was $8.99 for the last yr. In last month or so now it's up to $9.99 on my 9 upcoming Cruises

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I’ve bought the soda package for my sons - I thought they had to use their freestyle cups and the machines - so they can get regular sodas in a glass from the bars too? That will be much better than carrying the freestyle cups around all the time….

38 minutes ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

I’ve bought the soda package for my sons - I thought they had to use their freestyle cups and the machines - so they can get regular sodas in a glass from the bars too? That will be much better than carrying the freestyle cups around all the time….

I’ve never bothered, carrying the plastic cup around. Anywhere you find a freestyle machine there is a bar nearby where you can just walk up and get soda in a glass.

1 minute ago, Rusty_lock said:

I’ve never bothered, carrying the plastic cup around. Anywhere you find a freestyle machine there is a bar nearby where you can just walk up and get soda in a glass.

That’s great - I thought they had to use the machines!! They do like the choice but won’t want to have the cups on them all the time.