Pinnacle info, please

We are Pinnacle but haven't sailed RCI since May 2018.  Please help me out with a few Pinnacle questions. Do P's still get sit down breakfast in a specialty restaurant?  I believe P's still get the 3 "gifts" per cruise. If not in a suite, P's no longer get suite lounge access with free drinks during happy hours, right? P's do get 6 free drinks per day. Are there any P specialty meals, as lunch with an officer used to include very nice filets, shrimp cocktail, etc.? On Oasis class, P's may get reservations for dinner in CK space available? Do P's still get access to the suite sun deck on those ships? Thanks for any information. 

Seems like yes yes yes and yes to all your questions.

Cheers with a office is a sit down lunch with wine. The officers I dont think actually eat with us. On radiance best steak in my life. On allure last dec they tried to pass off some cheap cut of grizzly steak last dec. I think however, pinnacles had a different menu on allure and got fillet and thought I was just a complainer. Pinnacles seem to have a menu with fillet still plus white or red wine.

Amenity gifts imo are random. I go ask for whatever and they give it to me once but dont change the form or dont know how to enter my information. I keep getting random bottles of wine. I asked for a beach bag and chocolates, not alcohol. So yes 3 choices. You may get whatever they feel like. 

They did away with the bottle of beer or soda and now it's a extra bottle of water. 

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

We are Pinnacle but haven't sailed RCI since May 2018.  Please help me out with a few Pinnacle questions.

Do P's still get sit down breakfast in a specialty restaurant? 

Yes

I believe P's still get the 3 "gifts" per cruise.

If not in a suite, P's no longer get suite lounge access with free drinks during happy hours, right? They sometimes can access Suite lounge depending on the numbers, but vouchers have to be used.

P's do get 6 free drinks per day.

Are there any P specialty meals, as lunch with an officer used to include very nice filets, shrimp cocktail, etc.?

Yes on sailing over 7 days.

On Oasis class, P's may get reservations for dinner in CK space available?

Correct

Do P's still get access to the suite sun deck on those ships?

Yes.

Thanks for any information. 

Depending on the number of Pins sailing, you will still have access to the suite lounge. The one time we have not, there was a separate happy hour area set up with a “concierge” present the whole time. 

Same goes for access to CK, but it seems that the cut off number is pretty high. 

So, if P's get access to the suite lounge, do they also get complimentary drinks during HH? Or do P's have to pay or use vouchers? I see no point in use of suite lounge unless it includes drinks. Glad to know P's get sit down breakfast in specialty. That was a big plus for us. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 39august said:

So, if P's get access to the suite lounge, do they also get complimentary drinks during HH? Or do P's have to pay or use vouchers? I see no point in use of suite lounge unless it includes drinks. Glad to know P's get sit down breakfast in specialty. That was a big plus for us. 

P's no longer get free drinks in the suite lounge. You have to use one of your six vouchers per drink. On Oasis and Quantum class ships, breakfast is served in the Coastal Kitchen (they eliminated Chops sometime in the last two months, because we were able to have breakfast in Chops in April, but in July., only the CK option was available On  all other classes of ship it is usually in Chops. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am not quite a P yet, but I think you will also each get $25 to use toward speciality dining. If that is not accurate, please let me know.

It is still accurate on ships with a CK (at least it was still there for our July Wonder cruises), but they have stopped putting Pinnacle letters in the cabin that list all the onboard perks. Now they just give you a copy of the chart that lists all the standard perks for every level. The only way we confirmed that the $25 voucher still existed was to have one of the bartenders print out the benefits that were loaded on our cards.

BTW, it was never available on other classes of ship.

Edited by orville99

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is still accurate on ships with a CK (at least it was still there for our July Wonder cruises), but they have stopped putting Pinnacle letters in the cabin that list all the onboard perks. Now they just give you a copy of the chart that lists all the standard perks for every level. The only way we confirmed that the $25 voucher still existed was to have one of the bartenders print out the benefits that were loaded on our cards.

BTW, it was never available on other classes of ship.

Hubby and I were wondering how the $25 worked.  We assumed it was $25 OBC that they applied to the account, but it sounds like it is an actual "coupon" that is on your sea pass.  Good to know!  I can already envision what I am going to order at Playmakers and/or Izumi 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

Hubby and I were wondering how the $25 worked.  We assumed it was $25 OBC that they applied to the account, but it sounds like it is an actual "coupon" that is on your sea pass.  Good to know!  I can already envision what I am going to order at Playmakers and/or Izumi 🙂

It is an offer on your sea pass card, much like  other offers. 
m

52 minutes ago, 39august said:

They use your vouchers in the SL.   And frustratingly enough, even though we are full suite, they will most of the time use our vouchers.  Since we get 6 drinks each, and never go above that, I did not raise an issue, since free is free.   If we ever did go over, and were charged...then yeah I would take issue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Depending on the number of Pins sailing, you will still have access to the suite lounge. The one time we have not, there was a separate happy hour area set up with a “concierge” present the whole time. 

Same goes for access to CK, but it seems that the cut off number is pretty high. 

That "concierge" is almost always the LA.   Which is a perfect time to talk to he/she, since their desk time is always really busy for them.  

12 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

It is a voucher, not OBC, and we always use them at Izumi for our last night on board "to go" sushi orders😇

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

That "concierge" is almost always the LA.   Which is a perfect time to talk to he/she, since their desk time is always really busy for them.  

The current LA on Wonder is outstanding BTW

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

The current LA on Wonder is outstanding BTW

We had a really good one last year on the TA and in the Med on Wonder.  Not sure if it is the same one now, but we will be back on at end of Oct.   Same cabin again for B2B, which we loved.  #1770.  Perfect location being on the side without all the foot traffic going to the SL and CK.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

They use your vouchers in the SL.   And frustratingly enough, even though we are full suite, they will most of the time use our vouchers.  Since we get 6 drinks each, and never go above that, I did not raise an issue, since free is free.   If we ever did go over, and were charged...then yeah I would take issue.  

Hello,

I'm sure I read a message from C&A saying that D and above would henceforth get a receipt each time they used a voucher for a drink and that receipt would show how many drinks were left that day. Of course there should be no such receipt for Suite Guests in the Concierge Lounge, D or otherwise.

Regards,

Cublet

1 minute ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm sure I read a message from C&A saying that D and above would henceforth get a receipt each time they used a voucher for a drink and that receipt would show how many drinks were left that day. Of course there should be no such receipt for Suite Guests in the Concierge Lounge, D or otherwise.

Regards,

Cublet

Well that sounds nice and lovely but not true. For instance on radiance I got fresh OJ every morning at the bar right behind the buffet and I wanted to add a tip. He said sorry no printer. Cafe same no printer on that ship. Perhaps it's always true on newer ships idk but I had extra obc I wanted to write in as a tip and tried twice and couldnt.  Cash only if I wanted to tip on my last cruise. 

Luckily I can count to 5, and never reach it, so for me it didnt matter. I found another bar and asked for a coke and put all the tip on that coke. I asked 3 places in a row. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well that sounds nice and lovely but not true. For instance on radiance I got fresh OJ every morning at the bar right behind the buffet and I wanted to add a tip. He said sorry no printer. Cafe same no printer on that ship. Perhaps it's always true on newer ships idk but I had extra obc I wanted to write in as a tip and tried twice and couldnt.  Cash only if I wanted to tip on my last cruise. 

Luckily I can count to 5, and never reach it, so for me it didnt matter. I found another bar and asked for a coke and put all the tip on that coke. I asked 3 places in a row. 

image.png.6ec077c93c41ac9a9564c4faafba4131.png

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well that sounds nice and lovely but not true. For instance on radiance I got fresh OJ every morning at the bar right behind the buffet and I wanted to add a tip. He said sorry no printer. Cafe same no printer on that ship. Perhaps it's always true on newer ships

FWIW, I didn’t get a single paper receipt for any voucher drink at any location on Wonder in June.

I usually keep track of my D drinks by checking the app for $0.00 drinks listed in my account (it usually updates quickly in my experience). The one exception is when using them on CocoCay. They have either shown up later with a random ship venue listed (it doesn’t say CocoCay or Oasis Pool Bar) or they haven’t shown  up at all (no complaint there but not trying to get extra free drinks I don’t deserve either).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, I didn’t get a single paper receipt for any voucher drink at any location on Wonder in June.

I usually keep track of my D drinks by checking the app for $0.00 drinks listed in my account (it usually updates quickly in my experience). The one exception is when using them on CocoCay. They have either shown up later with a random ship venue listed (it doesn’t say CocoCay or Oasis Pool Bar) or they haven’t shown  up at all (no complaint there but not trying to get extra free drinks I don’t deserve either).

Indeed, that announcement came out when we were on the TA on Wonder last year.  It didn't go over very well, especially when the bartenders are really busy during happy hour.  It became a real PITA for them.   A few days into it, they just chose to ignore it for the most part for regulars at the bar.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed, that announcement came out when we were on the TA on Wonder last year.  It didn't go over very well, especially when the bartenders are really busy during happy hour.  It became a real PITA for them.   A few days into it, they just chose to ignore it for the most part for regulars at the bar.  

Makes total sense and I don't blame them.

I'm thinking they could easily code a voucher drink so instead of just looking for $0.00 in the app it would be noted in some way. If you're using the SL, especially for 11-11 stuff, you can wind up with a lot of $0.00 items. Less of a big deal if you're not in a suite and just counting to 4-6 per person but still.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 3:11 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Cant remember which Ship, was Serenade or Jewel that gave me receipts each Drink last time was onboard

3 hours ago, TPCRUISER2 said:

Is the $25 voucher a new perk? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I cannot be precise but it's been there for as long as Anthem has been sailing out of Southampton.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1