The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 5th, 2023

richwmn

52 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Wow! 3.5 inches of rain in an hour and a huge wave of more rain coming per radar.

Welcome to our world, Bruce.  Sadly I can’t send it to the wild fires out west.  😞 

The only planters I have watered for 2 weeks are the ones that don’t get rain.  The other need nada - at least so far.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I don't particularly care for pasta but all those salads look good. I need lots of salad dressing on mine. The drink and the wine both sound lovely. No thanks on the beer and the oysters, some one else can have mine.

We had a slight change of plans here; my DBIL had invited me out for as belated birthday dinner yesterday then when yesterday got here his son had gastric problems and BIL was still suffering from a very long MOHS surgery to his nose and face. We will go another day.

Recently got an email that my Thanksgiving cruise added Avalon, and omitted both Santa Barbara and Monterey, opting for 2 days in San Francisco. I and a lot of others are not happy about that but at least we will be on the Konigsdam. 

@aliaschief, Bruce I wish you could send some of that rain my way. Tucson has gotten some Monsoon rain but none for Phoenix. Even the desert plants are dying from the excessive heat.

@lobsternightHappy Birthday youngster, love you cc.name. I can say that as I just turned 82.

@rafinmdjust a reminder that I love seeing your alternate menu's and especially love the sun-rise/ sunset photos you post.

Prayers for Sam, Tana and little Murphy plus all of you others that need them.

Jane

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Bummer, Bummer, Bummer!!!! Fairly hot and windy. Fires to the east of us. So far they are not near any structures but worrisome. It is so dry here.  And, to cap off my day - the woman who was found by the postal delivery has passed. She made it to her 90th birthday, but died 2 days late. She worked at the college with me for many years.  And another friend who taught at the college with me, again for many years, has died of cancer. OK... with Diane that is 3. It can stop now.

Off to run the dogs out and in.... it is too hot for them to walk on the sidewalks.

Susan

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

Have not been to today's port, thanks for all the photos.

@cunnorl  Congratulations on your Anniversary.

@lobsternight Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

@aliaschief  hope the rain has eased off and that you do not get flooded.

Re the food discussion for folk being treated for cancer, when I was having Chemo and Radiotherapy, discovered that some food/drinks tasted horrible, now 4 & 3/4 years later still cannot drink strong coffee,  and avoid some foods.  It's been a journey of  trial and error.........but chocolate was/ is OK.!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks we are fine but lower shallower elevations did have some issues. We are at a whopping 52 feet above sea level.

It’s Saturday night? Let’s have a slow dance.😁 Grab your partner. Goodnight, Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 16

Tonight was Candide. A revival of the 2015 Glimmerglass production, which I saw, but different in feeling. Brian Vu in the title role sang well as a tenor, but in his last role at Glimmerglass he sang as a baritone, as Riff in West Side Story.

A retired teacher said during the intermission that watching it was like teaching a class in which every student had ADHD, and later I heard people trying to make sense of the plot, a fruitless exercise since the plot doesn’t follow normal rules. Nevertheless it’s the most popular show this year. Rob Ainsley, the general manager, thinks that Rinaldo (tomorrow) is better, but he is biased toward Baroque opera.

Dinner was just a sandwich from the counter on the grounds, with a semi-dry Riesling from Dr. Frank’s on Keuka Lake.

• Like 17

Well, here I am at 2:49 am finally posting.

Prayers for all.

I just cannot sleep.  Have some heartburn and too much on my mind these days.

Lots to do and not enough time to do it.

Prayers for all especially Baby Murphy and Sam,

Happy Anniversary to Charlene and Happy Birthday to @lobsternight,  Sorry I am late.

God Bless and Good night.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, lobsternight said:

Thanks to everyone for their posts and prayers to all those in need.  I'm behind again in reading the fleet report and daily as my post retirement "hobby" job is becoming too much.  

So....Going to toot my own horn.  Today I made it to 60!!!  Over the past decade had too many close calls, but here I am, and recently had good test results, going for 65 now.

Not sure if I will have beer today, perhaps some single malt.  The oysters have me thinking though, perhaps pick up some and bbq a steak.  Will have to see, wife gave me her cold for a present, so may hold off on the yummy stuff.  Have a great weekend all, counting down to my next cruise on the 27th

Happy 60th birthday.

60th-birthday-49.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, here I am at 2:49 am finally posting.

Prayers for all.

I just cannot sleep.  Have some heartburn and too much on my mind these days.

Lots to do and not enough time to do it.

Prayers for all especially Baby Murphy and Sam,

Happy Anniversary to Charlene and Happy Birthday to @lobsternight,  Sorry I am late.

God Bless and Good night.

Terri

Sorry to hear Terri.

I will post Father David's sermon next for you to watch.

• Like 6