No room service menus found on the TV on Crown Princess

CruzeQueen2

I'm on the Sapphire now and also noticed no room service menu on the TV. I booked my cruise as a 14 day trip but was told I would have to pay the $15 activation fee for both 7 day segments, and still pay $5 delivery each time since I only have standard package. Not a happy Elite cruiser with 600+ days. I did have pizza today and paid $8.50

• Thanks 4

On 8/8/2023 at 11:34 AM, Scotmay said:

To those of you on the Crown today, how is the ship. I am about to book, but kept hearing of missing ports etc., because of loss of one engine!

Cruised 47 days last year on the Crown including the last sailing before it went into dry dock.  No issues at all and have 2 more cruises booked for this fall.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DougH said:

I'm on the Sapphire now and also noticed no room service menu on the TV. I booked my cruise as a 14 day trip but was told I would have to pay the $15 activation fee for both 7 day segments, and still pay $5 delivery each time since I only have standard package. Not a happy Elite cruiser with 600+ days. I did have pizza today and paid $8.50

That’s not good.  I thought if you activate the $14.99 Ocean Now fee you could use that App to order to anywhere on the ship,

including your room?

You can’t use the RS button on your phone, without incurring the $5 charge, must order on the App, if you activated it.

Did you activate the ON on the App?

Also, Doug…we discussed this on a thread after watching the video webinar from the VP.

She clearly stated if you book separate b2b’s then you do pay each cruise activation fee, but if you book a logical booking such as a 14 day cruise, one booking number, then you only pay 1 activation fee.

Now, we’ve been wondering if they have been implementing this OB?  Evidently, not.

I’d see the GS Supervisor on this.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DougH said:

Interesting...... I hope you have a lot of OBC!!!!

If I activate for $15 I can order from the app but still pay delivery charge. If I order by phone I only pay the $5 so why should I activate? No room service for me, they should add this back as an Elite benefit 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DougH said:

If I activate for $15 I can order from the app but still pay delivery charge. If I order by phone I only pay the $5 so why should I activate? No room service for me, they should add this back as an Elite benefit 

The delivery charge is a room service charge. You can use the app and not do it as room service and it will not add that $5 fee

1 hour ago, DougH said:

I agree with @StevenUS above.

If you order from the app you get it delivered to wherever you are on the ship, which should include your room.

If you order from the phone that is room service.

If you pay the $14.99 and order from the app and get a $5 fee on top of that I would go to Guest Services and complain.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:34 AM, roxievegas said:

Our TV "live" channels were not available for two days, during our stay in La Paz, overnight to Cabo and during our stay in Cabo.  Felt we were cut off from the world with no live news.

This made me think about the cruise I had in November 2016 (not on Princess) where I intentionally tried to cut myself off from live news as long as possible. It worked for a while, but then... Oh my. 🙃

On 8/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, Steelers36 said:

Don't other lines have TV ordering?  (I have no idea). 

Not quite the same thing, but I've ordered a few excursions on Carnival via the TV with no issues.

42 minutes ago, chamima said:

I agree with @StevenUS above.

If you order from the app you get it delivered to wherever you are on the ship, which should include your room.

If you order from the phone that is room service.

If you pay the $14.99 and order from the app and get a $5 fee on top of that I would go to Guest Services and complain.

I don't have a drink package,  two different people say I have to pay the room service charge even ordering from the app. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DougH said:

I don't have a drink package,  two different people say I have to pay the room service charge even ordering from the app. 

If you do the order as an OceanNow request, you just need to pay the one-time fee, though if it is a drink and you do not have the package, you do pay for the drink. If you order room service specifically, then it is the $5 charge and the extra for any drink like beer, wine, soda, etc.

OceanNow will deliver to you wherever you are on the ship, but room service is just for your room. It is a bit odd to have the room service charge if the same order can be done with OceanNow

21 minutes ago, StevenUS said:

If you do the order as an OceanNow request, you just need to pay the one-time fee, though if it is a drink and you do not have the package, you do pay for the drink. If you order room service specifically, then it is the $5 charge and the extra for any drink like beer, wine, soda, etc.

OceanNow will deliver to you wherever you are on the ship, but room service is just for your room. It is a bit odd to have the room service charge if the same order can be done with OceanNow

By "room service specifically" that means you picked up the phone and called in an order for room service.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

By "room service specifically" that means you picked up the phone and called in an order for room service.

Yes, but using ocean now it would not count as room service so no $5 fee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DougH said:

This is on their website under FAQ, and stated on the webinar from the VP.

So, it looks like you can initiate the $14.99 ON fee and have a delivery anywhere, including your room.  

So, if they are going to charge a $5 fee for RS, then I would not activate the ON fee either.

Again, so much inconsistency.

It would be good to hear from others on different ships, to see what they are doing.  SMH

image.thumb.jpeg.fdbbedb9b8cee8f99d5cf20827c579f4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, DougH said:

I'm on the Sapphire now and also noticed no room service menu on the TV. I booked my cruise as a 14 day trip but was told I would have to pay the $15 activation fee for both 7 day segments, and still pay $5 delivery each time since I only have standard package. Not a happy Elite cruiser with 600+ days. I did have pizza today and paid $

Just now, dog said:
13 hours ago, DougH said:

I'm on the Sapphire now and also noticed no room service menu on the TV. I booked my cruise as a 14 day trip but was told I would have to pay the $15 activation fee for both 7 day segments, and still pay $5 delivery each time since I only have standard package. Not a happy Elite cruiser with 600+ days. I did have pizza today and paid $

I have read numerous places that Standard pays the one time activation fee $14.99 and does not pay $5.00 for each RS service if ordered by the app.

This was on the Princess website.

can someone  find it & copy/ paste?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dog said:

I have read numerous places that Standard pays the one time activation fee $14.99 and does not pay $5.00 for each RS service if ordered by the app.

This was on the Princess website.

can someone  find it & copy/ paste?

See my post #89 above.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

See my post #89 above.

The post is missing the part I have seen about the standard fare- if $14.99 fee paid, using app to order, you will not pay the $5 delivery for each RS order.

This was seen at the bottom of one of these posts from Princess.  I have seen this stated but now it is gone.

16 hours ago, DougH said:

Doug, see a couple of other threads. Cruise Raider & PAC—- posted the details I mentioned. You got ripped.$5

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DougH said:

Doug, Here’s the screenshot from the Princess website.  I took this on July 31st, after the webinar from the VP had announced the changes.

image.thumb.png.07ae59eedc04d767353fcacb15aaaf58.png

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, DougH said:

I booked my cruise as a 14 day trip but was told I would have to pay the $15 activation fee for both 7 day segments

If you have a single booking number there is no way you are supposed to have to pay twice. The fee is per booking. Ask to speak with management.

• Like 2

FYI - The rollout of the new program starts on August 15, 2023 on the Crown. We are still operating without the new charges, and without the menus on the TV.

The operator on the Room Service line has taken my orders via the phone very efficiently on this cruise. Apparently, the room stewards had the information to respond to guests who asked them! No printed message in cabin, though. No menus on TV.

Using the phone on this sailing is still free...just NOT available on the TV. I was informed today that the menus on the TV were to be discontinued, fleet-wide as of July 31, 2023.

Room Service food and delivery has all been good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

FYI - The rollout of the new program starts on August 15, 2023 on the Crown. We are still operating without the new charges, and without the menus on the TV.

The operator on the Room Service line has taken my orders via the phone very efficiently on this cruise. Apparently, the room stewards had the information to respond to guests who asked them! No printed message in cabin, though. No menus on TV.

Using the phone on this sailing is still free...just NOT available on the TV. I was informed today that the menus on the TV were to be discontinued, fleet-wide as of July 31, 2023.

Room Service food and delivery has all been good.

Loved the Crown crew.  Those 2 ladies in RS are the best ever!

• Like 1

If you have a moment to answer a couple of questions about the Crown:

1.  Is there an MDR (or more than one) where you can ask for the same table every night?  I was recently on the Emerald and learned that this could only be done in Botticelli and I had not reserved there.

2.  Is there still a free sauna & steam room near the gym?  Does the gym have foam rollers?  Thank you!

2 hours ago, theloo said:

If you have a moment to answer a couple of questions about the Crown:

1.  Is there an MDR (or more than one) where you can ask for the same table every night?  I was recently on the Emerald and learned that this could only be done in Botticelli and I had not reserved there.

2.  Is there still a free sauna & steam room near the gym?  Does the gym have foam rollers?  Thank you!

We ate in DaVinci MDR Mid 6, every night, private table for 2.  We could have eaten at any of the MDR’s for a table for 2. It may have been they did not have any available on the Emerald?

Check DMW on the App and see where there are available times for a private table to make your choice.  Book something, and you can change it once OB, if available.  

They have been holding back making reservations in the Aft MDR on a lot of ships until closer to sailing or once OB.  That may be why that one ends up where they send you if the others are full.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1