Mini-suites don't have to pay room service charge???

mvaldes140

Was looking up prices for a future trip and saw that in the mini-suite amenities, it lists complimentary 24-hour room service. Do you think that they just haven't updated the website yet or will mini-suites be exempt from the $5/order new charge. This is just with princess standard and for a 2025 cruise.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 2.02.05 PM.png

1 hour ago, mvaldes140 said:

Was looking up prices for a future trip and saw that in the mini-suite amenities, it lists complimentary 24-hour room service. Do you think that they just haven't updated the website yet or will mini-suites be exempt from the $5/order new charge. This is just with princess standard and for a 2025 cruise.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 2.02.05 PM.png

They haven’t updated that area of the website and it may be a while.

Details are under the beverage packages.

There are quite a few threads on this subject in CC, you might check  them out.

The latest one, before yours:

Would be great if some of these could be merged by our Host.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

No cabin class will be exempt from the $5 Room Service Charge. The fee is waived for the Plus (not the Plus-50) and Premier packages.

Haha, fancy paying $20,000 for a cruise in the Sky suite, and Princess charge you for room service, they must be laughing at you from Princess HQ

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, antsp said:

Haha, fancy paying $20,000 for a cruise in the Sky suite, and Princess charge you for room service, they must be laughing at you from Princess HQ

I have 2 future suite cruises booked. I will be using room service to order the meals in the MDR which is a suite perk.

I am not planning to have to pay for that service.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gvre said:

I have 2 future suite cruises booked. I will be using room service to order the meals in the MDR which is a suite perk.

Just note even if you get the fee reversed all your food will be at room temp because all courses show up at one time. Been there don’t do it anymore

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gvre said:

I have a 28 day cruise in a full suite later this year and my CVP says I'll pay $5 for the room service because NO category is exempt. Not what I had when I booked this cruise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Yes, always was a suite perk and wondering now too ourselves.  Is any other room service free for the price of the suite?  Hmmm  would like to know if anyone has experienced that.

Only the breakfast menu you hang on the door is included without the upcharge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gvre said:

Maybe one day when you are passing HQ, you could drop in and check out some of the fee questions with JP or a subordinate?  😉

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Just note even if you get the fee reversed all your food will be at room temp because all courses show up at one time. Been there don’t do it anymore

Yes not our first suite (17 before) it is always hit and miss on the food temperature. It's convenient after a long day and don't want go anywhere else on the ship.

I think the SHT will hit the fan if they charge me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gvre said:

Yes not our first suite (17 before) it is always hit and miss on the food temperature. It's convenient after a long day and don't want go anywhere else on the ship.

I think the SHT will hit the fan if they charge me.

Well according to the rules, you will be charged unless you have a package 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:58 PM, cruzsnooze said:

Only the breakfast menu you hang on the door is included without the upcharge.

That is sad as when in a full suite you used to be able to order from the dining room menus and have them delivered to  your room at no charge.

• Like 1

Can you imagine all the elites who used to order high tea service and that will now be a $5 charge too.  So, really it isn't a perk anymore for elites.  A way to not take it away but charge... Also, what about those crappy appetizers they give you on the first day?  Or switching out the mini bar for a bottle of wine? Next they will eliminate the room stewards bringing ice and make you get it through room service and charge the $5 fee.  Wow, twice a day for ice $10 times all the rooms.  Big bucks!  Maybe I should delete that before they get any ideas!  LOL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Can you imagine all the elites who used to order high tea service and that will now be a $5 charge too.  So, really it isn't a perk anymore for elites.  A way to not take it away but charge... Also, what about those crappy appetizers they give you on the first day?  Or switching out the mini bar for a bottle of wine? Next they will eliminate the room stewards bringing ice and make you get it through room service and charge the $5 fee.  Wow, twice a day for ice $10 times all the rooms.  Big bucks!  Maybe I should delete that before they get any ideas!  LOL

We don't know if the Elite tea service will continue to be free or not.

43 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Why wouldn’t you just your room steward to fill you ice bucket twice a day when you see them?  
My goodness, people are gong off the rails with these projections!  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Why wouldn’t you just your room steward to fill you ice bucket twice a day when you see them?  

This is what we currently do when the room is made up we have him fill the ice bucket.   We usually always at the beginning of the cruise ask for the things we need daily like extra towels and the ice.  Just saying, who knows if they will change this and make it be a room service charge.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It is the absurdity of Princess's "new" plan.  Once again, they do not think things through before making blanket changes.  

37 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We don't know if the Elite tea service will continue to be free or not.

There you go again, spreading rumors (aka Sheldon Cooper).  I just heard a YouTuber saying something about free Medallion shipping no longer is on the "list" of beverage perks.  Free?  

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

I don't know about anyone else, but I am having trouble keeping up with the changes.  Today is one way, tomorrow is another.  Not to mention 2 months away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellon1 said:

This is what we currently do when the room is made up we have him fill the ice bucket.   We usually always at the beginning of the cruise ask for the things we need daily like extra towels and the ice.  Just saying, who knows if they will change this and make it be a room service charge.  

I guess they could but people are already riled up about the room service charge.  I would look to see what other lines are doing as theirs are always implemented first and Princess then just keeps up with the industry standards but at a much cheaper rate.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It is the absurdity of Princess's "new" plan.  Once again, they do not think things through before making blanket changes.  

There you go again, spreading rumors (aka Sheldon Cooper).  I just heard a YouTuber saying something about free Medallion shipping no longer is on the "list" of beverage perks.  Free?  

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

I don't know about anyone else, but I am having trouble keeping up with the changes.  Today is one way, tomorrow is another.  Not to mention 2 months away.

I disagree (on your spreading rumors point).  Someone (@mellon1) was wondering and speculating in their post that Princess may be charging $5 for the free Elite tea service (an Elite benefit).  I simply stated we don't know about that yet (AFAIK there has been no FAQ, or official word, nor a report from the only ship live with the new changes thus far).  My thinking is there would not be a charge, but I do think it is true that we don't know for certain at this point.  I am trying to avoid such a rumor growing. 

I happened on a FB thread and - if I can base a comment on that - it seems like more jumping to conclusions and such going on there than here.