Celebrity reflection - evening dress code

cocosmum

2 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, all this drama over dress codes.

It's a no brainer, follow rules and regulations and you will never go wrong.

Do what you want and face the consequences.

Seems like more people are opting for this option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Lol, all this drama over dress codes.

It's a no brainer, follow rules and regulations and you will never go wrong.

Do what you want and face the consequences.

There are no rules or regulations except wear shoes and a shirt. There are dress suggestions. As many people have observed there don't seem  to be any consequences for not following the suggestions. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

There are no rules or regulations except wear shoes and a shirt. There are dress suggestions. As many people have observed there don't seem  to be any consequences for not following the suggestions. 

Here we go.......Take your chances and see if you are turned away..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Here we go.......Take your chances and see if you are turned away..

I have seen many people turned away because of their dress, you can take your chance wearing shorts and flip flops. 
I would love to be there when you are denied seating. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I have seen many people turned away because of their dress, you can take your chance wearing shorts and flip flops. 
I would love to be there when you are denied seating. 

I am totally for the dress code, not against.  Sorry if my post did not read that way....Ive never been turned away but DH was for wearing shorts.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They do very specifically say no shorts in the MDR at dinner hours.  

These discussions always have me scratching my head.  Celebrity has about the most casual "dress code" around.  There should be about zero concern with under dressing.  Exception being shorts.   I'm among those that have witnessed men in shorts being turned away.   

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ldubs said:

They do very specifically say no shorts in the MDR at dinner hours.  

These discussions always have me scratching my head.  Celebrity has about the most casual "dress code" around.  There should be about zero concern with under dressing.  Exception being shorts.   I'm among those that have witnessed men in shorts being turned away.   

Most on Celebrity comply with the requested dress but I have seen them. I don’t stand at the host stand and watch. When people leave the tables at the end of dinner I have seen them in shorts when they stand up, They got seated somehow. If they show up in shorts and are told no they can go back to their cabin and change. I would not consider that a consequence. Not the end of the world. 

On 8/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, Purplsmurf said:

He takes the chance of being turned away for dinner if he tries entering with shorts. I have seen it happen many times. The dress code says no shorts so I suggest following it and he can change to shorts after dinner

but it also says you cant wear shorts to the theater. So if he changes into shorts then no show either?

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Most on Celebrity comply with the requested dress but I have seen them. I don’t stand at the host stand and watch. When people leave the tables at the end of dinner I have seen them in shorts when they stand up, They got seated somehow. If they show up in shorts and are told no they can go back to their cabin and change. I would not consider that a consequence. Not the end of the world. 

Yep.  Having a rule and consequences for not follow a rule are two different things.   I'm going to guess this varies a lot based on the cruise location.   

Thanks to everyone for responding. Was very helpful.  I’m looking forward to our cruise on celebrity. Our last 10 or so cruises have been on NCL. My 15 yr old daughter has outgrown the water slides and other offerings so we can now check out some of the other lines. I wear dress pants/ shirt and some times a sports coat to work everyday so it’s nice on ncl that I can wear a button down with a nice pair of shorts to most restaurants. I’m on vacation after all. I do appreciate the rules and higher standards when everyone follows them just requires packing more clothes for a 9 day cruise.

9 hours ago, CruisingGator96 said:

I do appreciate the rules and higher standards when everyone follows them just requires packing more clothes for a 9 day cruise.

Two pairs of slacks will be just fine. Slacks and a polo shirt, the perfect cruise ship dining room outfit for men.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CruisingGator96 said:

Thanks to everyone for responding. Was very helpful.  I’m looking forward to our cruise on celebrity. Our last 10 or so cruises have been on NCL. My 15 yr old daughter has outgrown the water slides and other offerings so we can now check out some of the other lines. I wear dress pants/ shirt and some times a sports coat to work everyday so it’s nice on ncl that I can wear a button down with a nice pair of shorts to most restaurants. I’m on vacation after all. I do appreciate the rules and higher standards when everyone follows them just requires packing more clothes for a 9 day cruise.

two prs of khakis or light wt jeans should work....and you can try the buffet if u want to wear shorts..

• 2 weeks later...

And then there was that older guy on Equinox in shorts and t-shirt one day who turned to me and said "I want to see one of those guys tryna keep me from entering that MDR, we´ll be in the news".

Well, one possible perspective.

7 minutes ago, retird said:

Interesting how some on cruises are concerned about what other guests may be wearing.  Do you also question what others wear when you go on a land based hotel vacation or weekend getaway ?

I most certainly do!!!  Thank you very much!  

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, retird said:

Interesting how some on cruises are concerned about what other guests may be wearing.  Do you also question what others wear when you go on a land based hotel vacation or weekend getaway ?

I think this is a misunderstanding of the situation.

When you book a cruise, in this case with Celebrity, you accept the booking conditions/rules/regulations call them what you will.

In this case one of the "rules" is no shorts in the MDR room, speciality restaurants or the theatre in the evening.

Regretably some passengers think the rules don't apply to them.

If you don't accept the rules don't book it's as simple as that. 

That's not to quote you "being concerned" just asking that passengers stick to the rules and X inforces the rules.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2023 at 9:59 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I go with nice golf slacks in the evening…the nice stretchy kind..Greg Norman or the like, very comfortable. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't play golf and have never visited a golf store. Took your advice today and purchased 2 pairs of golf slacks (under armour brand) in a sale for  £30 a pair - about $40. Perfect fit, lightweight and easy wash.

Final bonus is that the boss (Anita) also approved.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't play golf and have never visited a golf store. Took your advice today and purchased 2 pairs of golf slacks (under armour brand) in a sale for  £30 a pair - about $40. Perfect fit, lightweight and easy wash.

Final bonus is that the boss (Anita) also approved.

Aren't they great?  My husband and I also brought newly purchased golf slacks from Underarmour to our two Europe cruises last month and they were great! So comfortable and lightweight.