Has Celebrity pulled Equinox from South America for 2024/2025 ?

Ex-Airbalancer

Noticed today there is no 2024/2025 Equinox South America cruise 

The last cruise shown for Equinox ends Nov 21 2024 in Lisbon 

on Thursday I got my SHC OBC on Thursday for the November 2024 TA  to Argentina 

Are they repositioning the Equinox again ?

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe it has been pulled.   I have a reservation on the Nov 21 Equinox - Lisbon to Buenos Aires.     Wondering if the are considering another swapping of ships.

I'm currently unable to find my cruise for 11/21 but the previous one in the med is showing

All the cruises below are currently missing from Celebrity Website

image.thumb.png.b0655e1fe5529174bcbe583b609e676f.png

The 2025 South American cruises on Equinox disappeared a couple days ago.  I will note the Equinox, Summit and Constellation have no scheduled cruises Jan-March, 2025.

Are they planning on selling or scuttling some ships or perhaps rotating ships on some existing itineraries for capacity reasons.

Time will tell.  Have a good day.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pirokp said:

The 2025 South American cruises on Equinox disappeared a couple days ago.  I will note the Equinox, Summit and Constellation have no scheduled cruises Jan-March, 2025.

Are they planning on selling or scuttling some ships or perhaps rotating ships on some existing itineraries for capacity reasons.

Time will tell.  Have a good day.

Thanks for the heads up! We’re booked on a New Orleans/Caribbean cruise starting Mar 1, 2025 on the Constellation which has disappeared as you noted.

Our booking for Antarctica 18 Jan 2025 is still showing in my app. I did notice there were a lot of sunset verandahs still available last week which I thought was a little unusual given they usually sell quickly. 

Edited by Boatharbour
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up! We’re booked on a New Orleans/Caribbean cruise starting Mar 1, 2025 on the Constellation which has disappeared as you noted.

we have been thinking about that one.. have to wait and see!

I can confirm all of the Equinox 2024/2025 Antarctica cruises were removed from the travel agent itinerary guides yesterday. Med cruises up to the Lisbon to Buenos Aires repo are still posted (Nov 21, 2024). Equinox is now home-ported in Port Canaveral in Dec 2024 through April 2025. The repo Nov 21, 2024 repo will now be Lisbon to Port Canaveral. 

Summit is now showing overlapping dates with departures from both Fort Lauderdale and San Juan for Jan-April 2025. 

Constellation still shows Tampa as the homeport from November 2024 to April 2015. 

Of course that is all TDB. Some additional shuffling around seems all but confirmed. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't believe it has been pulled.   I have a reservation on the Nov 21 Equinox - Lisbon to Buenos Aires.     Wondering if the are considering another swapping of ships.

That sounds like a great cruise. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

I just got an email from Celebrity with the announcement. They are providing a 100% refund and $200-$400 in OBC. In typical Celebrity spectacular IT fails, the email was sent in Spanish. I guess they figured that if the ship was leaving from South America, everyone must speak Spanish who is going.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm on the Eclipse in 2023 for a Santiago - Buenos Aires cruise.  Does the Equinox sail the same route?  Where and how often does the Equinox sail?  I see they are the same class of ship?  But I see we were lucky to sail on the Equinox right after the Revolution.

Edited by zitsky

12 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Our booking for Antarctica 18 Jan 2025 is still showing in my app. I did notice there were a lot of sunset verandahs still available last week which I thought was a little unusual given they usually sell quickly. 

We're on the same cruise. Doesn't look hopeful, maybe they are just changing ships. 🤞

Poof, there goes our December 2024 Equinox South American ocean portion. Now to figure out what we're going to do - I have land reservations set up around that cruise (fully refundable, but still). Looking at other cruises, or, planning something on our own. Of course other cruise dates won't match up, so back to a drawing table for intinerary building. And so far, prices of cruises are at least a couple thousand more than what I paid on Celebrity - looks like Viking, Holland America, and maybe Princess are options. Sigh. Maybe just sit tight for a bit and see how the ships shuffle and see if a sale comes by from other cruise lines. Not interested in an already congested Carribbean. 

• Like 2

Our Antarctica trip in February 2025 has been cancelled. From the email: "all current Celebrity Equinox sailings scheduled to depart November 21, 2024 through March 1, 2025 will be cancelled." They are very pleased to be sailing in the Caribbean. We've only sailed on Celebrity once - transatlantic last October - and are doing one in October to Greece, Israel, Egypt, and Turkey this October. We were looking for our post-kids/post-Disney cruise line, but I don't think it's going to be Celebrity. I don't trust them anymore given they're willing to dump everyone from the Beyond and Equinox. At least they replaced the Beyond cruises with another ship (nevermind that you had to pay the difference in price.) For the Equinox it's just "here's your refund and $200 on board ship credit" and no apology.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

So does this mean there are no South America cruises at all for the 2024-2025 season?  No substitute ship?  

Based on the cancellation notice we got, there is no substitute ship for our sailing in February 2025.