NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

21 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Is your bag big enough.  Ok now here's the problem.  If you and I get there first, will there be anything left in the lounge to take back to rooms?  With everyone now doing this can you just imagine the number of times they will be restocking the frig in the retreat lounge.  I'm laughing because this is going to be comical for sure.  Two of three folks will empty that frig and snack dish.   Oh boy what a mess they have created.

Stupid decisions like all others have consequences.

• Like 1

"21 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Is your bag big enough.  Ok now here's the problem.  If you and I get there first, will there be anything left in the lounge to take back to rooms?  With everyone now doing this can you just imagine the number of times they will be restocking the frig in the retreat lounge.  I'm laughing because this is going to be comical for sure.  Two of three folks will empty that frig and snack dish.   Oh boy what a mess they have created."

Although not in a suite for next cruise, we have a nice "wheelie cooler bag"   that we may take along  to facilitate bringing on crackers, water,  paper plates etc.   For those in Fl, we got ours in Bealls ..I saw it on line at Belk $ 39. might be a handy idea!

shopping.webp

12 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I saw where you said you would be unhappy if the only beer was Bud Lite. Be careful what you say, it might come to that. But, that is a small thing so I guess you would survive since you are fortunate.

That wouldn’t bother me.  I have the Premium package so I would just drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:
"21 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Is your bag big enough.  Ok now here's the problem.  If you and I get there first, will there be anything left in the lounge to take back to rooms?  With everyone now doing this can you just imagine the number of times they will be restocking the frig in the retreat lounge.  I'm laughing because this is going to be comical for sure.  Two of three folks will empty that frig and snack dish.   Oh boy what a mess they have created."

Although not in a suite for next cruise, we have a nice "wheelie cooler bag"   that we may take along  to facilitate bringing on crackers, water,  paper plates etc.   For those in Fl, we got ours in Bealls ..I saw it on line at Belk $ 39. might be a handy idea!

shopping.webp

Don't forget to put a pack of chocolate chip cookies in there!  And maybe some pillow chocolates.

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

shopping.webp

I have one of those that I bought back when HAL had no limits on wine brought onboard and you only paid a corkage if you brought the wine to the dining rooms. When cruising out of FLL I would order online a case of wine from Total wine on 17th Street and pick up the case on my way to the cruise port. It now is our portable bar when we travel on land by car. BTW if you ever need to buy a replacement, Amazon has a nice selection.

Edited by terrydtx

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Don't forget to put a pack of chocolate chip cookies in there!  And maybe some pillow chocolates.

Pillow chocolates? Are they gone now too?  We still had them on the Equinox in June.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not gone, apparently just not every night.

We had them every night in June, but we were in a Sky Suite if that made a difference. The room attendants may be too busy now to leave them after picking up the slack from the butler team.😁

Edited by terrydtx

56 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Many of us don’t want a small ship we do want the bigger ship experience but the ‘club’ ambiance of the Retreat areas to return to when we are ready…I am aware what we pay for for a RS or PH is comparable to a ‘more luxury line’ but I don’t want a more luxury line I want the ship within a ship experience and I don’t think I am alone…

i already booked an edge villa on ascent for a retirement cruise but then realized the luxury lines are probably the same price. looked at a few prices in general and found some of those lines mostly have much longer cruises which at this time i dont want. but i researched regent, specifically, for one ship that had a good itinerary and i saw what i could get for the price of an edge villa. but then i started reading the regent forum and reviews. and took a tour of some of the ship.

i felt there was an expectation to dress up and i certainly dont want to do that. also since it's a small ship there really arent activities id be interested in. of course there are fewer restaurants and while some enjoy the 'fancier' food i dont eat that way in general at home and im sure i could find something but certainly not the variety on the ascent. maybe when im much older and just want a relaxing ship id do something like regent but i think id be bored and feel closed in with such a 'small ship'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, verizon said:

It’s a good sign

Next they will do is lower the prices of Sky suites.

I only cruise for bigger room for comfort.

Hello,

Are you suggesting removal of all 'suite' styled perks from Sky Suites, rename the cabin to 'Extra Large Veranda Cabin with Large Balcony' and lower the price to something above the current highest priced non-Concierge, non-Aqua veranda cabin?

I would go with that for the space.

Regards,

Cublet

52 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have one of those that I bought back when HAL had no limits on wine brought onboard and you only paid a corkage if you brought the wine to the dining rooms. When cruising out of FLL I would order online a case of wine from Total wine on 17th Street and pick up the case on my way to the cruise port. It now is our portable bar when we travel on land by car. BTW if you ever need to buy a replacement, Amazon has a nice selection.

good to know!

we use it for the pool, beaches, picnics in Fla.. keeps things cool!

Not on Premium drinks...DH now drinks Coors lite..Is there a limit on beer that can be brought.on? guess I can tuck my  PUBLIX flower bouquet in there too.. we can't order floral arrangements anymore! 

Hope we get the one little vase w one flower stem  in AQ class  and the Cap Club Rose!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Are you suggesting removal of all 'suite' styled perks from Sky Suites, rename the cabin to 'Extra Large Veranda Cabin with Large Balcony' and lower the price to something above the current highest priced non-Concierge, non-Aqua veranda cabin?

Regards,

Cublet

good food for thought

11 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

This would be the same type of cabin as a Signature Suite on HAL, larger cabin and balcony but no suite amenities. However, on HAL you can add their Club Orange which gets you the private dining room, on the newest ships, with added entree items, priority embarkation and debarkation and a CO concierge. We add this on every HAL cruise or $25pp per day and it is well worth the cost. We also get their HIA which is similar to Celebrity AI but HIA includes shore excursions credit and specialty dining credits. Maybe this could be the model for Celebrity for their SS, drop the prices significantly and let passengers who want "more" pay for more and people who do not drink or use Wi-Fi would not have pay for the AI, Call the more Club X and include Luminae, the Retreat deck and priority embarkation, tendering and  debarkation. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Pillow chocolates? Are they gone now too?  We still had them on the Equinox in June.

Isn't the pillow chocolate the first change LPP made and had to walk back due to the outrage?   I guess it's the right of passage for the new head of Celebrity.  Just distracted everyone with a vaping test so nobody noticed the pillow chocolates.

Also with the weekly cuts being made by Celebrity, why does anyone think what they had a couple months ago, or even on the prior sailing, is relevant now.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Isn't the pillow chocolate the first change LPP made and had to walk back due to the outrage?   I guess it's the right of passage for the new head of Celebrity.  Just distracted everyone with a vaping test so nobody noticed the pillow chocolates.

Also with the weekly cuts being made by Celebrity, why does anyone think what they had a couple months ago, or even on the prior sailing, is relevant now.

The June Equinox cruise was also the first cruise that we did not get the nightly towel animals, I was told by our butler this had been discontinued because it took much time away from the over worked and understaffed room attendants. The ship was 100% full and some days we didn't get our cabin made up until after lunch.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes I posted earlier that was 2016 we did the Presidents cruise and in the FAQ that was the main topic asked of LLP

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The June Equinox cruise was also the first cruise that we did not get the nightly towel animals, I was told by our butler this had been discontinued because it took much time away from the over worked and understaffed room attendants. The ship was 100% full and some days we didn't get our cabin made up until after lunch.

In 40 cruises we have never had a towel animal.  To me that’s a waste of time.  We did have a towel made into a heart once for our anniversary with a bottle of Chandon from our cabin attendant.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

In 60+ Celebrity sailings in all categories I have had towel animals on 2 of them.  I wouldn't consider this a cut.

I was just going to post that I don't remember getting towel animals on Celebrity ships, and certain not since the restart, having sailed 7 Celebrity cruises since 2021 on all three ship classes and not having towel animals on any of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

In 40 cruises we have never had a towel animal.  To me that’s a waste of time.  We did have a towel made into a heart once for our anniversary with a bottle of Chandon from our cabin attendant.  

I agree the towel animals have never been a big deal but on the Equinox we had our 12 year old granddaughter with us and thought she would enjoy having seem them. That was the only reason I even asked about it.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

And in my opinion a bit tacky, along with the waitstaff in the MDR singing and dancing.  

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

In 60+ Celebrity sailings in all categories I have had towel animals on 2 of them.  I wouldn't consider this a cut.

I agree and did not consider it a cut

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I was told by our butler this had been discontinued because it took much time away from the over worked and understaffed room attendants. The ship was 100% full and some days we didn't get our cabin made up until after lunch.

My point was about the understaffed room attendants and how long it took to get our room made up each day usually after lunch. On one day we came back from an excursion at 2pm and the room still hadn't been made up. Our butler explained that they were understaffed by room attendants by 30% and each one had 30% more cabins than normal. 

• Thanks 1