Update On The New Tablets

Keith1010

25 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I would be curious to know what the planned "shrinkage" number is.  And what it actually turns out to be.

That’s a sad thought (but knowing human nature, probably accurate). Aren’t the ones they are using about $100 retail?? Sad that any Crystal cruiser would be a klepto for something that cheap!! 😵‍💫🥺😵‍💫

Patty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

That’s a sad thought (but knowing human nature, probably accurate). Aren’t the ones they are using about $100 retail?? Sad that any Crystal cruiser would be a klepto for something that cheap!! 😵‍💫🥺😵‍💫

A hotel director once told me that the golf umbrellas were specifically chosen to be slightly longer than what would fit into a standard large suitcase.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the ha ha's. It would cost them less than the cost of one decent bottle of wine, and they could market Crystal to me once I get home. But once I get it home I will need the box and the charger and whatever else comes with it.

I think Crystal needs to have a subtle but noticeable notice on disembark documents that the tablet is to be left - "on desk" or something.  As was someone here some may think they are gifts to be taken home.

5 hours ago, ctjon said:

I think Crystal needs to have a subtle but noticeable notice on disembark documents that the tablet is to be left - "on desk" or something.  As was someone here some may think they are gifts to be taken home.

Does everything need to be “nailed down” to make it clear it’s not to be taken home?

Surely some things are obvious to anyone with any common sense 

15 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Does everything need to be “nailed down” to make it clear it’s not to be taken home?

I've never once thought about taking home a wastebasket as a souvenir of a Crystal Cruise.

Especially after they eliminated the doily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

If Crystal starts relying on common sense, they better have a healthy stock of replacement tablets on hand. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ctjon said:

Many years ago we were told by an officer that bags are xrayed as they come on AND off the ship. He said they have retrieved many towels and silverware from people's suitcases. Of course a tablet could be put in a carry-on and not get caught, but we were amazed how much people will try to steal!

2 hours ago, NWX said:

Many years ago we were told by an officer that bags are xrayed as they come on AND off the ship. He said they have retrieved many towels and silverware from people's suitcases. Of course a tablet could be put in a carry-on and not get caught, but we were amazed how much people will try to steal!

Thanks, this is a helpful tip.  I'll remember to put the towels I pinch in a separate suitcase.  While they're getting back their tablet(who need another one) I'll be making out like a bandit.  I mean, have your priced bath towels lately? 

• Haha 2

I think anyone who would take the tablet home with them knows it is not for them.

If this should happen then Crystal just like a hotel will remind guests about this.

In some hotels there are tags on the bathrobes noting you can purchase them but not to be removed.

Why one would take a tablet home is beyond me but why someone would take Bistro Plates, Waterside or in the past years Crystal Dining Room Plates, Flatware, Tea Pots from The Bistro and a slew of other things is equally beyond me.

As to X-Rays I doubt they will pick up one someone taking one or two items. If they did on every cruise you would see people stopped. Yes I did hear about the enrichment person years ago who took a full suitcase of I believe dishes and flatware and was caught. Is this a true story? No idea.

Keith

17 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

You've met these people before,surely😀

• Like 1

only somewhat related to tablets:

You've shown some pictures of outlets but.  Are there USB ports built in and if so are the USB-A or USB-C?  What cables and chargers we need to bring will depend upon ports.

9 hours ago, ctjon said:

only somewhat related to tablets:

You've shown some pictures of outlets but.  Are there USB ports built in and if so are the USB-A or USB-C?  What cables and chargers we need to bring will depend upon ports.

All of this varies by room. My advice is to bring chargers, adapters and cords with you to be on the safe side.  I have a lot of apple products and now us a wireless devise with a regular plug allowing me to charge our iWatch, iPhone and AirPods simultaneously   Use one at home and first time when traveling and Anne Marie and I each have one so between that and plugging in our respective MacBokk Air computers in an outlet we cut way back on cords. 

Keith

• Like 1