Useless Customer Service and Website

SleeStack1

Added an item to the cart.  Now its not removable.  When you click remove it says 'Are you Sure?'  Click 'Yes' and nothing.  It stays stuck on the 'Are You Sure' screen.  It doesn't matter what browser you are in and the phone app does the same thing.

We called Princess to correct a wrong birthdate and also asked to remove the item from cart.  [Its fixed....Give it 24 hours] we were told.

7 days later, no update to birthdate and the item is still in cart.

Long phone holds, ESL reps that are barely understandable, and nothing actually gets fixed

What's not to like?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Exactly why I always suggest to people to have a Princess CVP or trusted travel agent acting on your behalf.  You do not need to spend hours on the phone.  And, it costs nothing to have the professionals do the leg work.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Exactly why I always suggest to people to have a Princess CVP or trusted travel agent acting on your behalf. 

Unless you are  [un] lucky enough to get a useless CVP who never returns your calls and leaves the organization after 3-4 months.  I've had 3 in a row like that.  

Edited by dns65
Grammar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dns65 said:

Unless you are  [un] lucky enough to get a useless CVP who never returns your calls and leaves the organization after 3-4 months.  I've had 3 in a row like that.  

Wow, that is really unfortunate.  I’ve had mine for years and she is a gem.  I literally do nothing once my booking is in her hands.  Last week she called me to ask about my dogs and tell me about her new roof.  No mention of Princess at all.  Just a kind person checking in.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2023 at 8:09 AM, SleeStack1 said:

Added an item to the cart.  Now its not removable.  When you click remove it says 'Are you Sure?'  Click 'Yes' and nothing.  It stays stuck on the 'Are You Sure' screen.  It doesn't matter what browser you are in and the phone app does the same thing.

We called Princess to correct a wrong birthdate and also asked to remove the item from cart.  [Its fixed....Give it 24 hours] we were told.

Long phone holds, ESL reps that are barely understandable, and nothing actually gets fixed

What's not to like?

This doesn't help you, but HAL's website is way worse. However, their customer service is way, way better.

• Thanks 1

I have to admit that I have had brilliant service on the last two calls I've made to the UK customer service.

I've had to make a couple of tricky changes to out forthcoming cruise and both times the phone was answered within a few minutes and they were sorted out in a professional and very helpful, and with good humour. In fact I even said to the person on the line that it was a pleasure to speak to her. 

Edited by jdacombe
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:09 AM, SleeStack1 said:

What's not to like?

5 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

My cart is doing the same thing...unable to remove item. I click the remove box and nothing happens.

This has been happening for at least the last 2 weeks. I had the same issue, called my TA. She couldn't even login! She called and spoke with 5 different Princess agents, none of whom even understood what she was asking (client can't remove item from cart, can you do it). She did finally speak to one who said "she can't see it on Princess' side" which didn't make me feel any better. She put in a trouble ticket to Princess but I don't expect that will help.

It is such a simple basic task for online services--empty cart--and yet Princess can't make it work. (Note, I went and looked at the code behind the page and I can't find a place where a piece of code exists to respond to the button. But, if you look at the "book dining" option, there is code for the button push).

This is the sort of thing that causes pax to say Princess is incompetent. But, at least they have managed to add fees/take away previously free options. No problems with that 😉

Edited by NoWhiners
edits
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This has been happening for at least the last 2 weeks. I had the same issue, called my TA. She couldn't even login! She called and spoke with 5 different Princess agents, none of whom even understood what she was asking (client can't remove item from cart, can you do it). She did finally speak to one who said "she can't see it on Princess' side" which didn't make me feel any better. She put in a trouble ticket to Princess but I don't expect that will help.

It is such a simple basic task for online services--empty cart--and yet Princess can't make it work. (Note, I went and looked at the code behind the page and I can't find a place where a piece of code exists to respond to the button. But, if you look at the "book dining" option, there is code for the button push).

This is the sort of thing that causes pax to say Princess is incompetent. But, at least they have managed to add fees/take away previously free options. No problems with that 😉

I have a balcony dinner and a balcony breakfast and a case of water in my cart. We decided that there is jyst too much food with breakfast. I can doa big meal at the end of the day, but I’d rather not first thing in the morning.

i guess I’ll have to buy it and then cancel on the ship and request refund to on board account.

ugh

I have the same issue with deleting an item from my cart.  The button does nothing.  I have time before my cruise so I'm hoping the code gets fixed so I don't have to call customer service.  I have already spent a good amount of time trying to resolve another issue...

11 minutes ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

I have a balcony dinner and a balcony breakfast and a case of water in my cart. We decided that there is jyst too much food with breakfast. I can doa big meal at the end of the day, but I’d rather not first thing in the morning.

i guess I’ll have to buy it and then cancel on the ship and request refund to on board account.

ugh

I don't know if you have to buy and then cancel onboard. Unless you've already paid? When I saw the cost of the "upgrade" from Plus 50 to the new Plus, they charged me the whole package price, not the difference 😮 

Seriously, high school kids can design and code better web pages. Maybe Princess should hire a few of them? 😁

• Like 2

The app has been having problems this past week. I could not get my wife's medallion & wristband ordered, kept getting an error message when I tried to finalize the order. So I went online and did the live chat option, and he took care of everything. We're both set for green lane departure!

Just now, IndyKid said:

The app has been having problems this past week. I could not get my wife's medallion & wristband ordered, kept getting an error message when I tried to finalize the order. So I went online and did the live chat option, and he took care of everything. We're both set for green lane departure!

Yes, I have had trouble logging in, only works about half the time. One of the Princess agents said they were having trouble with the "consumer side" of the online pp.

5 minutes ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Now I am unable to view my cart. When I put the mouse over the “CART” button I can’t click on it. I get a round curcle with a slash through it.

Edit to add…it appears my cart was cleared, so I added back the Balcony Dinner and water and purchsed. 

Hope everyone else’s cart was also cleared so you can start over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Edit to add…it appears my cart was cleared, so I added back the Balcony Dinner and water and purchsed. 

Hope everyone else’s cart was also cleared so you can start over. 

My cart still shows the 2 full up Plus packages I don't need. Can't "remove" them. So, I don't think it's fixed. It says that excursions that aren't paid for within 24 hours will be cleared--maybe that's also true for your purchases? 

Everything except "upgraded" packages. Princess continues to disappoint...