Rate increases

camper49

Can’t believe it! Checked rates for a Canada/New England cruise in July of 2024, about 10 days ago. After confirming the trip with another couple, I check the rates yesterday & they had gone up almost $400 pp. Crazy! Maybe a future sale?

2 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Can’t believe it! Checked rates for a Canada/New England cruise in July of 2024, about 10 days ago. After confirming the trip with another couple, I check the rates yesterday & they had gone up almost $400 pp. Crazy! Maybe a future sale?

Book now and watch the price and can maybe refare

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Yes, definitely book, put on a deposit and recheck it periodically for sales.  You have plenty of time before final payment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Probably even with a sale, rates won’t go down ..

Mine always have.  We usually book 1 to 2 years out.  Never know these days what will happen.  I booked 2024 trip 2 months ago and it went down once so far.  YMMV

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, definitely book, put on a deposit and recheck it periodically for sales.  You have plenty of time before final payment. 

Yes  book now and watch what's included shrink, even after you board the ship.,😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Exactly the same for our September cruise.  It’s been sold out for a couple of weeks.

ours is just past final, a a few cabins showed up ... I was able to compare same category - as ours

double cruise fare plus - but it does have PLUS60 while we have 50

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

ours is just past final, a a few cabins showed up ... I was able to compare same category - as ours

double cruise fare plus - but it does have PLUS60 while we have 50

We have PLUS 60.  We upgraded our cabin in February and upgraded the PLUS, too.  Fares had been reduced, so it actually cost us less than the original booking.  By July the fares skyrocketed.  We were very lucky.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We have PLUS 60.  We upgraded our cabin in February and upgraded the PLUS, too.  Fares had been reduced, so it actually cost us less than the original booking.  By July the fares skyrocketed.  We were very lucky.

we booked on opening day - and the fare never dropped - and I check often ... maybe too often 😉

• Haha 2

We have 12 cruises booked (some time ago) between now and next May.  Some some we have refared, some no change and some have gone up.  Just glad we booked when we did except when some have been lowered to "drop and go" fare.  The trade off with a "drop and go" fare for us would be higher airfare and lack of location choice for cabins.  

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sweet Dreams said:

How to check fares if category is sold out?

It isn't really possible although Princess will have a "hidden" fare schedule in their system so that if a cabin does become available, the price will be there. 

IDK if this is a curiosity thing or what, but say you were interested in a BC cabin and there are none, but there are BB and BD for sale.  You could simply average the two and BC will basically fall in the middle between the other two.  

Another idea would be if there was the same voyage being sold at basically the same pricing on a nearby date and the cabin category you wanted is for sale on that other voyage.  The one you look at would give you a pretty good approximation of what expect to pay on the sold out voyage.

3 hours ago, camper49 said:

Not sure where you were checking prices but have heard that you should always clear your cookies when going back to travel sites as it is not unusual for suppliers to up the prices when you return showing an interest in a product and they think you are ready to book. Could be a myth but my husband and I can be searching for products and get different prices at the same time depending on if we are going back to show each other what we've found.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Mine always have.  We usually book 1 to 2 years out.  Never know these days what will happen.  I booked 2024 trip 2 months ago and it went down once so far.  YMMV

That was very common last year with ships sailing at 60% or so. In June we were on the Discovery and it was packed to the max with tons of families. We refare when possible but full is full

23 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Not sure where you were checking prices but have heard that you should always clear your cookies when going back to travel sites as it is not unusual for suppliers to up the prices when you return showing an interest in a product and they think you are ready to book. Could be a myth but my husband and I can be searching for products and get different prices at the same time depending on if we are going back to show each other what we've found.

Sure, but that doesn't happen on Princess.com.

57 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Never saw that on the Princess website, but have seen it on Hotel websites.