Where's the Blue Cheese Souffle??

micruiser2002

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The menus aren't really updated until roughly a week or so before and even then, up to the very end, there can be a tweak here and there.  I believe it's offered on the first chic night

That is why I checked the current and next sailing on Millie and neither have it listed on any night.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

From what's been reported from sailings the last couple of weeks the starters consist of the old every day options and soup and salad.   I think you will find that most of the daily changing apps have been removed.

I am still seeing different apps each day just not my favorite.

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

From what's been reported from sailings the last couple of weeks the starters consist of the old every day options and soup and salad.   I think you will find that most of the daily changing apps have been removed.

I will say that most of the different options are just different salads.  These new menus are a joke.  There are not any real apps besides soups and salads or the old stand by shrimp cocktail or Escargots.  Very disappointed.

16 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Murano offers a goat cheese soufflé whereas the blue cheese soufflé was always in the MDR.  So many of our favorite and interesting appetizers seem to no longer being offered.  

I agree the new menus look very disappointing.  

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

So just checking my October cruise on Millie and the Blue Cheese souffle is no longer on the menu in the APP.   I just checked the current and next sailing and do not see it.  Did they get rid of that also?

Wait until you are onboard. The app is consistently inconsistent.

Just now, davekathy said:

Wait until you are onboard. The app is consistently inconsistent.

As I said I have been looking at current sailings and the app is showing the new menus.  Also there is another thread regarding dining on the Sil and it basically shows the same issues.  The menu has changed and the appetizers have been impacted.  It is pretty much all soups and salads besides the standard shrimp cocktail and escargot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, micruiser2002 said:

As I said I have been looking at current sailings and the app is showing the new menus.  Also there is another thread regarding dining on the Sil and it basically shows the same issues.  The menu has changed and the appetizers have been impacted.  It is pretty much all soups and salads besides the standard shrimp cocktail and escargot.

As I said wait until you are onboard. I have no faith in the app. Personal experiences.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

As I said wait until you are onboard. I have no faith in the app. Personal experiences.

There is a thread regarding the changes from someone who is on the Silhouette.  Others have posted also and these changes just started the beginning of August.  That is why the APP is now updated with the new menus.  From what everyone is saying all of the apps are basically soups and salads. I am sure we will be hearing more about these changes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

There is a thread regarding the changes from someone who is on the Silhouette.  Others have posted also and these changes just started the beginning of August.  That is why the APP is now updated with the new menus.  From what everyone is saying all of the apps are basically soups and salads. I am sure we will be hearing more about these changes.

My point. The app is garbage. Looking forward to all our breakfasts and suppers in the MDR on our October Eclipse cruise. We'll look and decide our 5 course evening meals from the provided MDR menu sitting in the MDR. We'll only use the app to select a check in time (45 days prior to our sail date), do our muster drill and health questionnaire the morning of the cruise at our pre cruise hotel. 

Edited by doghog

42 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's called the "Blu Cheese Souffle" in Blue and this is/was what it was called in the MDR

image.png.756e8f775e73507f9ba676ade65e6306.png

Yes and it is no longer on the menu for any of the sailings I checked.  I probably looked at 10 different current sailings on multiple ships.

I looked at the menus for our October cruise on the Millie and I don't think I'm trusting them for accuracy.  They only show up to breakfast on Day 8 - with "unavailable" noted for the remaining four days in my app.

1 hour ago, Larasmum said:

I looked at the menus for our October cruise on the Millie and I don't think I'm trusting them for accuracy.  They only show up to breakfast on Day 8 - with "unavailable" noted for the remaining four days in my app.

Our October cruise on the Eclipse the app shows nothing for menus. I guess it's the Mast Grill and the Oceanview Cafe for us. 🤣 To cheap to spring for specialty dining.  Point is I have zero trust in the app with the published menus for the MDR. We'll wait until we are onboard and sitting in the MDR to decide for our specific cruise. 

Edited by doghog

On 8/21/2023 at 8:37 PM, micruiser2002 said:

Yes and it is no longer on the menu for any of the sailings I checked.  I probably looked at 10 different current sailings on multiple ships.

Okay, I would presume that it is still in the oven baking and waiting for your request...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Haha 2