RCCL Galveston transfers?

Bxc53

Im hoping that some recent Galveston cruisers can advise the RCCL ship to airport ( IAH) transfer costs. RCCL seems to be hiding this info behind an 800 number that is hard to get a live person . 

I am aware that there are several 3rd party transfer options, I’m looking for the RCCL one before I  make final arrangements  

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

Im hoping that some recent Galveston cruisers can advise the RCCL ship to airport ( IAH) transfer costs. RCCL seems to be hiding this info behind an 800 number that is hard to get a live person . 

I am aware that there are several 3rd party transfer options, I’m looking for the RCCL one before I  make final arrangements  

Thanks

$54 per person usd from the ship to IAH (one way)

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

$54 per person usd from the ship to IAH (one way)

3 hours ago, silentbob007 said:

We paid $40/pp in April for a transfer to IAH. There was quite a line and a little bit of a wait on the pier.  

1 minute ago, Twin Dad said:

I thought we paid about $75 per person (one way) to IAH after Presidents cruise.  

Dan

There seems to be a wide variation. Does it depend on day of the week?

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

There seems to be a wide variation. Does it depend on day of the week?

Thanks, you made me go back and look.

I pulled the price from cruising power and I went back and looked and found out that it is giving me the same $54 whether I select Canadian or USD currency (big shock at yet another IT fail) so that $54 that I posted was Canadian and it is actually $40 USD per person.  I have not seen any variation between ships.  That other $75 could be round trip or maybe it was for 2 people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, you made me go back and look.

I pulled the price from cruising power and I went back and looked and found out that it is giving me the same $54 whether I select Canadian or USD currency (big shock at yet another IT fail) so that $54 that I posted was Canadian and it is actually $40 USD per person.  I have not seen any variation between ships.  That other $75 could be round trip or maybe it was for 2 people

I just went back to check and as usual @Ourusualbeach was correct (pun intended).  It was $39.95 pp to IAH and $31.95 pp to HOU - my wife had to go to Sacramento to pick up our girls and it was much easier from Hobby.  

Dan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, NC State said:

Thanks for the info port to HOBBY.  I'm now looking to fly into HOBBY any suggestions for hotel for overnight stay and how did you get to port? 

I stayed once at hobby at a fairly new la quinta that they said they get a lot of cruisers. Got a priceline express hotel deal about $54 total. Close enough to feel safe, toward the freeway imo the area gets iffy. Better right close to the airport. Take free shuttle back to airport in the morning and take rcl shuttle to port. 

Lots of uber drivers at the terminal, but they wanted extra money. Now they pull up and wait hoping to get a good fare. I just wanted to go a couple miles to my Galveston hotel and he still wanted $50. 

On 8/22/2023 at 1:02 PM, Bxc53 said:

Thanks

Just booked R/T from Bush Int'l to RCL cruise terminal thru Galveston Express in early December and it cost me $65 ($32.5 x2).  Booked times that fit my arrival and departure times.

Ps.  Prior to making these reservations, I called Royal CS for pricing and just general information regarding times available--R/T was $79.90 but not much info on times.  Sometimes they wait until bus is loaded before departing.

Edited by nelblu

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I stayed once at hobby at a fairly new la quinta that they said they get a lot of cruisers. Got a priceline express hotel deal about $54 total. Close enough to feel safe, toward the freeway imo the area gets iffy. Better right close to the airport. Take free shuttle back to airport in the morning and take rcl shuttle to port. 

Lots of uber drivers at the terminal, but they wanted extra money. Now they pull up and wait hoping to get a good fare. I just wanted to go a couple miles to my Galveston hotel and he still wanted $50. 

I thought of doing that but would the hotel shuttle drop you off near the RC shuttle to port? 

Just now, NC State said:

Do you spend the night before the cruise?  That's a great deal. 

I've been lucky and fly the same day from Florida ports.  This is the first time out of Galveston and have a 5:45 United flight on the same day.

10 minutes ago, NC State said:

I thought of doing that but would the hotel shuttle drop you off near the RC shuttle to port? 

Hobby is small, so if coming into hobby I personally wouldnt worry, though to me staying in houston a waste when I can stay in Galveston for a bit more and see and smell the ocean.

I drive down to Galveston but friends flew in and it was just easier to time if we both got hotel rooms near the airport. I drove us down the next morning and parked. Usually I just get a hotel in Galveston with free cruise parking. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean sells a transfer to Hobby that includes a stop at some other Houston area attraction (maybe Johnson Space Center)?  I once did an airboat ride after a cruise on the way to the Miami airport.  I am contemplating taking a cruise in April and looking at a potentially late flight home. I can't seem to find any info on Royal's website unless I have already booked the cruise.  

1 hour ago, JPSemprini said:

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean sells a transfer to Hobby that includes a stop at some other Houston area attraction (maybe Johnson Space Center)?  I once did an airboat ride after a cruise on the way to the Miami airport.  I am contemplating taking a cruise in April and looking at a potentially late flight home. I can't seem to find any info on Royal's website unless I have already booked the cruise.  

We are cruising January 28 and at this time there is only one in the cruise planner and it is for flight through IAH, nothing for Hobby yet.image.thumb.png.162076a59011080a45fcdaa249f7c44c.png 

As IceChick shared there is a NASA tour combined with a drop of at IAH. I don’t think they offer this option with a HOU departure. The tour doesn’t mention how late your flight would need to be but I’d say potentially after 2 or 3 for a domestic flight.