Adventure of the Seas Room Help

We usually stay in balcony rooms, but we spend very little time in the room, especially on this class of ship with all the great views in other areas.

Can someone (who has stayed in them) give me their honest opinion on the oceanview rooms and also on the promenade rooms??  Is there a problem with noise on either one?

Thank you!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

We usually stay in balcony rooms, but we spend very little time in the room, especially on this class of ship with all the great views in other areas.

Can someone (who has stayed in them) give me their honest opinion on the oceanview rooms and also on the promenade rooms??

Thank you!!

Best bang for buck is the Promenade interior room. It has the window, and two couches. Larger than a regular oceanview. More fun than the oceanview because you can look at the promenade. I actually am booked on the Adventure in December in one of these, I always book near the Aft elevators it's near everything via the elevator 🙂

• Like 2

We stayed in an ocean view cabin (3548) on our Adventure cruise last fall. It had a nice large window, and we didn't hear much from the cabins on either side of us. We were very close to the theater at the front of the ship, though, and could occasionally hear parts of the shows. We also got a LOT of motion in rough seas being that far forward.

I would stay in an ocean view again, although more midship or aft.

• Like 2

I wouldn't suggest a promenade room.  The noise might be very annoying especially if you like to go to bed before 11PM.  Best to get a mid ship balcony cabin with cabins above and below.  On the Oasis class ships, a central park view is both cost effective and quiet.  The adventure, an old ship, doesn't have a central park.  We originally booked a balcony on that ship, but upgraded with a bid to a junior suite.  Made a big difference.  So much more comfortable.  I understand people say we don't spend much time in our cabin, but you would be surprised what a difference it makes to be in a larger, more comfortable cabin.

We did our first OV on Adventure (2240) in July and loved it. We didn’t experience rough seas so can’t say whether that would have made a difference. It was also our first time in the front of the ship and the less crowded elevators was a major plus. This was a B2B and the second week we were midship and the elevators were more crowded.

We are doing an OV on Anthem in March.

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

If sound isn't an issue for you, I'd say go for the Ocean View rooms off the Promenade.  Be warned though: the Promenade is where they host the "70's Disco Party" which will be LOUD.  

and privacy is an issue when curtains are open.....

I’d go with the promenade view if you aren’t going to try and be in bed sleeping before 11. You will hear noise until then but after that it is great. I’m usually up and out and about until 11 anyways so it worked great for us. We were in deck 8. I

• Like 1

We've stayed in ocean view rooms many times on Voyager class ships (Adventure is one of them) and have been happy with them. I must admit the Promenade rooms are intriguing but I've always been concerned about the noise and we want natural light in our room. The ocean view rooms are fine.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We've stayed in ocean view rooms many times on Voyager class ships (Adventure is one of them) and have been happy with them. I must admit the Promenade rooms are intriguing but I've always been concerned about the noise and we want natural light in our room. The ocean view rooms are fine.

Natural light would definitely be a problem if that is something you want or need in the morning.  What I liked about the Promenade room that we had was that it felt a little bit bigger.  You have a little alcove area that looks out over the promenade and just those extra couple of feet seem to make the room so much larger feeling.

9 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

If sound isn't an issue for you, I'd say go for the Ocean View rooms off the Promenade.  Be warned though: the Promenade is where they host the "70's Disco Party" which will be LOUD.  

Ocean view rooms off promenade ? 

That's a headscratcher for me ?

3 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Ocean view rooms off promenade ? 

That's a headscratcher for me ?

I thought so too.  I just interpreted it to mean a Promenade interior which as a window and view just like the ocean view rooms just not the same view.  

On 8/27/2023 at 3:06 AM, GTO-Girl said:

Can someone (who has stayed in them) give me their honest opinion on the oceanview rooms and also on the promenade rooms??  Is there a problem with noise on either one?

Thank you!!

Our general strategy when choosing a cabin is "cheapest with a window" precisely because of how little time we actually spend in there. The money we save by adopting this strategy can be better spent on other enhancements to our cruise.

Sometimes the cheapest will be an ocean view cabin, sometimes (on the ships that have them) it will be a promenade view cabin and sometimes (thanks to our D discount) it will actually be a balcony cabin.

We have never had any issues with any of our ocean view cabins but we actually prefer the layout of the promenade cabins, which makes them feel more spacious than they really are. We have been in these cabins twice on Adventure (7557 and 7593) and once on Navigator (7279). I think you were on that sailing with us @GTO-Girl, November 23rd 2018?

On the Navigator cruise our cabin was right opposite the pub and we did notice noise until quite late from the live music that went on past midnight, so I'd say avoid that general area if you can. Conversely, on our two sailings on Adventure, our cabins were towards either end of the promenade and we were never bothered with noise.

As others have said, here and on other threads, you do need to remember to keep the curtains shut when you're in the room if you're in a state of undress or doing anything else you'd prefer the people in the cabins opposite not to be able to see!

• Like 1