Britannia broke her lines

kalos

Hearing damage to deck railing, one lifeboat and possibly one of the inflatable last resort crafts.

Do remember, there is surplus lifeboat / inflatable capacity so no need to be concerned. 

That railing will be into the onboard metal work shop as soon as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Oh well. At least this will be talked about by many of you onboard for many years to come!

Sometimes it’s not just the good times that are memory makers, but pleased everyone appears to be okay.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

The papers are having a field day as usual. Glad everyone is back onboard.

Yes, particularly like the headline

'CRUISE SHIP CRASHES, BRITISH PASSENGERS IN TEARS AS THEY FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES'... 

I'm sure it must have been worrying, but this seems a bit over the top... 

Andy 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, particularly like the headline

'CRUISE SHIP CRASHES, BRITISH PASSENGERS IN TEARS AS THEY FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES'... 

I'm sure it must have been worrying, but this seems a bit over the top... 

Andy 

Why are you surprised Andy that the media sensationalise this incident, they always do.  You can just imagine the news room staff whooping with joy, as this story came in.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why are you surprised Andy that the media sensationalise this incident, they always do.  You can just imagine the news room staff whooping with joy, as this story came in.

Exaggeration is something we are accustomed to.

• Like 3

We got on board at 6pm local time after 5 hours in the terminal. A shambolic embarkation - passengers had to take over from staff in making announcements as the poor girl ( staff) didn’t have a loud enough voice to make herself heard. We have been told that the ship will stay in port overnight. I suspect that will mean we will miss Gibraltar on Tuesday. Passengers in MDR apparently got a free glass of wine . Those of us dining elsewhere ( we dived into the Glasshouse ) got bugger all ( thanks P&O!). 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, IAASA345 said:

I just rolled my eyes at one woman reportedly saying that she will be getting off the ship when it gets back to shore to find a hotel and fly home as she couldn’t possibly sail on it now. Crikey!! 

I saw that as well and I'm afraid that I laughed rather loudly.  If she's that nervous a traveller, why on earth would she go on a cruise?

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

We got on board at 6pm local time after 5 hours in the terminal. A shambolic embarkation - passengers had to take over from staff in making announcements as the poor girl ( staff) didn’t have a loud enough voice to make herself heard. We have been told that the ship will stay in port overnight. I suspect that will mean we will miss Gibraltar on Tuesday. Passengers in MDR apparently got a free glass of wine . Those of us dining elsewhere ( we dived into the Glasshouse ) got bugger all ( thanks P&O!). 

Won't she need to refuel in Gibraltar though.

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Won't she need to refuel in Gibraltar though.

I'm sure she could take on enough in Palma.   Wonder if it was crew that were injured.  It's so like what happened to us in Civitaveccia.  We didn't hit anything, but the gangway fell in the water as the lines snapped and then we were held with tugs.  Strange weather!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

The local paper here, the Daily Echo is reporting that you are already heading back to Southampton... 

You couldn't make it up... But they seem to😂

Andy 

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The local paper here, the Daily Echo is reporting that you are already heading back to Southampton... 

You couldn't make it up... But they seem to😂

Andy 

I am local too. You wonder where they get their information from but I suppose you don’t want facts to get in the way of a good story 

• Like 5