Bar Soap in Cabin

chamima

1 minute ago, chamima said:

We will be on the Sapphire this coming fall and I wondered if it's still possible to get bar soap in the cabin or it's all the liquid stuff.

(Just want to know if we have to bring our own)

Thanks all!

They no longer have bars of soap, only liquid.  We bring our own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, chamima said:

We will be on the Sapphire this coming fall and I wondered if it's still possible to get bar soap in the cabin or it's all the liquid stuff.

(Just want to know if we have to bring our own)

Thanks all!

Haven’t seen it on any ship since the restart. Liquid stuff shower and sink. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

I got bar soap by asking the room steward last winter. 

We did too in Feb 22 on CB, but they said they were switching it to liquid after that.  Haven’t had it since, so just take it myself.

You could still ask, I guess. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Boomers of the World Unite!  Give us back BAR SOAP!!!!

I, too, bring my own.

We’re boomers and we really dislike any bar soap.  It gets all slimy and slick and the guck sticks to the soap dish or counter top. Also, my arthritic hands have difficulty gripping the wet bar.  We buy good quality liquid soap and body wash.  Each pump is fresh and clean and no goop!  To each their  own!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re boomers and we really dislike any bar soap.  It gets all slimy and slick and the guck sticks to the soap dish or counter top. Also, my arthritic hands have difficulty gripping the wet bar.  We buy good quality liquid soap and body wash.  Each pump is fresh and clean and no goop!  To each their  own!

Very true about to each their own.  But most silly internet clickbait lists of "Things Millennials Are Making Extinct" all include bar soap, since only old fogey Boomers still use it. 

I hate body wash because I'd use up a whole bottle in about three showers!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Very true about to each their own.  But most silly internet clickbait lists of "Things Millennials Are Making Extinct" all include bar soap, since only old fogey Boomers still use it. 

I hate body wash because I'd use up a whole bottle in about three showers!

Yes, you do need to exercise  moderation with body wash!  lol. A little bit of the good kind goes a long way.  In fact, I get much a more luxurious lather with my body wash.  TMI? lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, you do need to exercise  moderation with body wash!  lol. A little bit of the good kind goes a long way.  In fact, I get much a more luxurious lather with my body wash.  TMI? lol

Do you use one of those poofy scrubbers too?  Maybe we need some pics!😉

• Haha 4

Just now, DCThunder said:

Do you use one of those poofy scrubbers too?  Maybe we need some pics!😉

Yes, I use the poof when available but not adverse to using a hand lather.  This post seems to be heading into dangerous territory, so I will just leave it at that.  😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, chamima said:

Who knew asking a simple question about a (boring) bar of soap could go where this has! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Thank you for giving us a little giggle for the day!  It’s good for the soul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s US terminology, especially us Southerners.  But, it’s spelled underwear.  Lol
😂

I thought for a moment she meant Under Armour!  They make fabulous active wear.  My DH wears underwear.  We don’t often use that word for women’s undergarments. 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Projunior said:

Liquid soap is (barely) satisfactory in the shower, but sometimes I just want to wash my face at the sink with soap and water and for that I want a bar.

You wouldn’t want to use liquid soap in the shower.  You need good quality body wash, not the kind they sell at Walmart.  I’m sure Princess bulk purchases the absolute cheapest hand soap, both bar and liquid, and body wash that’s available.  Probably equivalent to what you use to wash your car. lol

May I suggest Beekman or L’occitane.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I use the liquid soaps provided but bring hair conditioner the 2 in 1 shampoo is alright but I still need a good conditioner. No bar soap for me if the other way around I would be bringing my own shower gel.

I’ll bet you have Avon bath products!  They’re actually quite nice.

• Haha 1