Bar Soap in Cabin

chamima

And proof is in the photos...why I don't use those communal pump bottles.

pumpbottles.thumb.jpg.b8ab7728c5c41e40d205fe9902181e75.jpg

On 8/29/2023 at 10:01 AM, stoneharborlady said:

Its very different though, bringing your own, than using a container that has been in the shower used by who knows who.  I just worry some crazy could put something in there that should not be in there.  OK, maybe I am the crazy one, but so be it.

21 hours ago, cjpj said:

Each pump is not fresh and clean when that soap container is continually topped up.

18 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

We bring a nice bar of soap for the shower, a small oil diffuser for the room, and either pack shampoo and conditioner or pick up Keratase shampoo and conditioner onboard. The communal toiletries—which are getting more and more common as locations reduce “single use” plastics—are simply gross in my opinion. Who knows who has put what in there or how old the product is, let lone what the ingredients are. Just ew.

IMG_0023.jpeg

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Gross!  Is that a bug in there?

Worse...mold

And that was an isolation cabin.  You would think they would be more diligent regarding sharing communal items.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, macmax said:

Now we need a discussion on why European hotels don't provide face cloths.😠

I don’t use the facecloths anyway.  Body sponge, not puff, for the shower and facial wipes (Beekmans 1802 goats milk).  The detergent they use in the laundry is hard on the delicate skin on the face.

10 hours ago, macmax said:

Now we need a discussion on why European hotels don't provide face cloths.😠

We took our first trip to Europe since you know what and I totally forgot about no face cloths. So I spent my first morning in Athens looking for a face cloth. Had to go to several stores until I found one. I used to always bring one on our trips across the pond but I guess since “it” happened I forgot about this little detail.

On 8/30/2023 at 2:39 AM, cruzsnooze said:

I asked for bar soap and got it from the cabin steward.

So do I and when they go and get it I look where they stash on their trolleys, and raid it later. 

Never had a problem getting it when I have asked. The few dollars in tips assists I am sure.

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

So do I and when they go and get it I look where they stash on their trolleys, and raid it later. 

Never had a problem getting it when I have asked. The few dollars in tips assists I am sure.

But when is the last time your cabin steward was able to get a bar of soap for you?

Posts on here seem to indicate that Princess was no longer restocking the bars .

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, chamima said:

We will be on the Sapphire this coming fall and I wondered if it's still possible to get bar soap in the cabin or it's all the liquid stuff.

(Just want to know if we have to bring our own)

Thanks all!

Most of the standard lines use the body wash stuff, dso we bring our own soap as well.

Asked and received bar soap from cabin stewards on both Emerald Princess in March and `RCCL’s Allure  in August this year. Just be polite and if they have them, they will fetch. Take your own if concerned.

I also take heavy duty conditioner and favourite shampoo, as the offerings from cruise lines, tend not to ‘cut the mustard’ for me.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:50 AM, Lady Arwen said:

I thought for a moment she meant Under Armour!  They make fabulous active wear.  My DH wears underwear.  We don’t often use that word for women’s undergarments. 😉

No doubt that is because a store can charge a heck of a lot more for "lingerie" versus "underwear".  The former gives image of higher end boutiques and the latter picked up at Walmart or the Big Box (that shall not be named because they sell cruises as well).

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No doubt that is because a store can charge a heck of a lot more for "lingerie" versus "underwear".  The former gives image of higher end boutiques and the latter picked up at Walmart or the Big Box (that shall not be named because they sell cruises as well).

Nope, it’s because women say either lingerie or bras and panties.  I don’t know one women who says she wears underwear, regardless of where she bought it.  Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, I don’t know.  On the other hand, guys wear underwear.

13 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Nope, it’s because women say either lingerie or bras and panties.  I don’t know one women who says she wears underwear, regardless of where she bought it.  Maybe it’s a Canadian thing, I don’t know.  On the other hand, guys wear underwear.

deleted

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I know and agree.  I have heard the term "undies" - perhaps a synonym for "panties".  I was having some fun about retailing since essentially the same thing for a woman costs way more than for a man.  I mean things like pants, shorts, shirts.

• Haha 1

I am smiling over this thread because I had not entered until today and was wondering how it got on to three pages just to answer a soap question.  But it swerved into "unmentionables" and of course that stirred up interest.  Not to mention all the recommendations on cleaning products.  I'm not complaining - sometimes it's okay or fun to have a topic of posts about nothing much directly to so with problems on the ships or with the App or with the call center reps.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Or it could be that she washes our her husbands undies in the sink for him. 😉😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

Or it could be that she washes our her husbands undies in the sink for him. 😉😉

I don’t know about you, but I would not, now or ever, be washing my husbands underwear in the sink or anywhere else.  He’s a big boy and does his own laundry.  It’s not the 50’s anymore! lol

• Haha 1