Labor Day Flash Sale

NMTraveller

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Couldn't save anything worthwhile to cancel on my excursions for the upcoming cruise...but did save $98 on dining...Murano and Lawn Club....Tuscan was more $$s.   Good sale on top of the last sale.  Are they trying to send a little kindness our way considering the recent 'hot' topics here on CC?  😉

I said something similar on another thread.

Turning the conversation to a more positive tone is a wise investment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, perhaps Celebrity threw us a bone.  But still......

That bone helps those of us who are canceling and rebooking. It helps X because more people will buy ShoreEx and Specialty dining than would have previously. and the WiFi upgrades are pure profit.

I'm not saying everything is sunshine and roses, I'm still looking elsewhere for the future. I'm just saying that X were smart to get some of their customers saying nice things and being happy. They may have even prevented some cancelations. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I said something similar on another thread.

Turning the conversation to a more positive tone is a wise investment.

I also added the wifi....it appears to be an improvement on basic.  Re excursions...I suppose I got the best rates in the last sale.

• Like 1

I have two excursions booked for our March 22, 2024 Beyond Caribbean Cruise.   I could save over $100 by cancelling and rebooking.  So, I cancelled, then went to rebook, and it said, "sorry, sold out" for both excursions.  I waited a while to see if my cancellation would add some reservation space, but, alas, it kept saying :'sold out" for both excursions.  

Maybe a "brain fart", but I went into my "order history".  When you cancel anything, excursions, dinner reservations, whatever, it shows "modify" at the bottom of the original order after you have cancelled. I clicked on "modify" and it gave me an option to "purchase", so I clicked to purchase, and it let me rebook at the lower price.  So, all is well.  I do not know if t his is a glitch or not, but it was "sold out" if you go through the shore excursion drop down box, but I used my order history and it let me rebook.  Go figure.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

I have two excursions booked for our March 22, 2024 Beyond Caribbean Cruise.   I could save over $100 by cancelling and rebooking.  So, I cancelled, then went to rebook, and it said, "sorry, sold out" for both excursions.  I waited a while to see if my cancellation would add some reservation space, but, alas, it kept saying :'sold out" for both excursions.  

Maybe a "brain fart", but I went into my "order history".  When you cancel anything, excursions, dinner reservations, whatever, it shows "modify" at the bottom of the original order after you have cancelled. I clicked on "modify" and it gave me an option to "purchase", so I clicked to purchase, and it let me rebook at the lower price.  So, all is well.  I do not know if t his is a glitch or not, but it was "sold out" if you go through the shore excursion drop down box, but I used my order history and it let me rebook.  Go figure.  

Glad it worked out but for a popular excursion, don’t you run the risk of losing your spot once you cancel ?

I called and spoke to an agent in Blue Chip about a dinner reservation at Edenand she checked and it was booked solid so she just gave me an OBC for the difference and I kept the same date and time.  Ahe indicated it was a "customer courtesy".  Yuu have to wait on the phone for awhile but worth it.

1 minute ago, vickykay said:

Having difficulty finding link to cancel excursions.  Appreciate help.  Thanks

Open the sailing you're interested in, go to your "order history" showing under your icon at the top right.

Then open the reservation for the excursion. You'll see a Modify and Cancel option then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Having difficulty finding link to cancel excursions.  Appreciate help.  Thanks

I’m sure there’s probably more than one way. I’d go to the My Calendar and select the day if Ty’s excursion, locate the excursion and click on it … then select Manage Reservation. There you will find a link to cancel. 

On 8/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, poffles said:

I have thoughts on this too ... I also have the Classic package and keep contemplating an upgrade and these sales come around and the upgrade cost is never aligned with the sale on the full package which right now shows 35% off ... the upgrade remains at 5% off (I get better with elite discount) and I don't understand why this isn't 35% off too.  Why oh why is the upgrade not 35% off too ... ugh.

Equally they never discount the Zero package the same amount but this difference I can reason a bit in my mind.

I am sitting on the fence about upgrading.  But for only a 5% discount I figure that I might as well board the ship and see if it is saving me any money or not.  If it saves me money I can book it while on the ship.

I believe that premium gives you the sparkling water and classic does not?  That might be the decision maker for me.

Edited by NMTraveller

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Glad it worked out but for a popular excursion, don’t you run the risk of losing your spot once you cancel ?

I was worried about that, but the savings on 6 excursions on my 2024 Mediterranean cruise was several hundred dollars.   I decided it was worth the risk, as every port had other choices I would have enjoyed besides my first choice.   I went one by one, canceled and immediately rebooked, and it went smoothly as I got all of them back.  I put the savings towards a one-night post cruise “City Stay” package, normally ridiculously expensive but also significantly reduced during the flash sale.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

I was worried about that, but the savings on 6 excursions on my 2024 Mediterranean cruise was several hundred dollars.   I decided it was worth the risk, as every port had other choices I would have enjoyed besides my first choice.   I went one by one, canceled and immediately rebooked, and it went smoothly as I got all of them back.  I put the savings towards a one-night post cruise “City Stay” package, normally ridiculously expensive but also significantly reduced during the flash sale.  

We did it sitting side by side, both logged in. 

Hubby canceled on his tablet, I refreshed my page to be sure the OBC had landed, then I rebooked. 

We have a couple more cruises to do today, and hopefully we will continue to evade having any sold out from under us. 

13 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

It went to sold out on an excursion I cancelled to book at the lower price, was really kicking myself.  Switched to check dining on another booking and about 5 minutes later I went back and the Sold Out excursion was available.  Website site is running very slow, seems like more volume than it can handle rapidly.

Edited by jelayne

On 8/30/2023 at 1:21 AM, NMTraveller said:

I am seeing good deals for drink packages, specialty dining,  excursions, etc...

This!! I had booked one excursion for my ABC cruise on the Beyond next summer using almost all the OBC I got from booking onboard the Summit. I looked and it was significantly less with the Labor Day sale, so I was able to cancel and rebook - AND add dinner at Eden. And I still have (all of) $3 left in OBC! 🙂

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

applies to select sailings departing September 10, 2023 – December 27, 2024

43 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

T&C Indicate it's only for sailings through 2024:

Offer applies to bookings made between August 30, 2023 – September 4, 2023 (“Offer Period”), and applies to select sailings departing September 10, 2023 – December 27, 2024

Select sailings are the operative words....no discount on our Nov. '23 excursions but we did save on specialty dining..

I’m finally booking excursions for our 2024 sailing based on this sale. There’s $450 promotional OBC available and we’re getting another $200 from Celebrity Visa points but those take a while. I’m planning to book what I can now using both OBC and a credit card, then when the additional OBC shows up, wait for Black Friday to cancel and rebook with the additional OBC. 

My question is, when you pay with both OBC and credit card, then later cancel something, do they refund OBC first or the credit card first? I’m not going to bother canceling to change payment to OBC if they’re only going to refund OBC instead of the card. Hope that wasn’t too confusing lol. 

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’m finally booking excursions for our 2024 sailing based on this sale. There’s $450 promotional OBC available and we’re getting another $200 from Celebrity Visa points but those take a while. I’m planning to book what I can now using both OBC and a credit card, then when the additional OBC shows up, wait for Black Friday to cancel and rebook with the additional OBC. 

My question is, when you pay with both OBC and credit card, then later cancel something, do they refund OBC first or the credit card first? I’m not going to bother canceling to change payment to OBC if they’re only going to refund OBC instead of the card. Hope that wasn’t too confusing lol. 

OBC refunded immediately...surprisingly, the Visa balance was credited in about 3-4 days...really fast for X refunds.

14 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Select sailings are the operative words....no discount on our Nov. '23 excursions but we did save on specialty dining..

I shouldn't have said no discount on excursions so quickly....when I checked back there was one which qualified with a savings of about $50. 🌞 It was hugely overpriced but something we wanted to do...guess others weren't that enthusiastic..😉...so it warranted a discount.

• Like 1

I just checked my CC on the refunds for cancellations and then rebooked at the new flash sale prices.  On the internet was to be refunded $69.96 and was only refunded $57.96.  Guess I “get” to call Customer service, Ugg.  But thought I should post on this in case it happens to anyone else and encourage to double check.

Has anyone else noticed this occurring?