LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

57 minutes ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

Hello from Missouri via Ft Worth Tx. Husband and I will be sailing with you! Where should we go in Roatan. We want the same kind of set up as Krazy Lobster. 

We are heading to Bananarama. It’s a beach club and hotel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tryingtocruise said:

DH and I are on this cruise also.  We're on the west coast of Florida so we'll drive over Saturday.  Very relieved to have dodged the storm for the most part and it doesn't look like there will be any developing while we're gone.  

I'm relatively new to following these live cruise reports, but I really enjoy them.  I'm too much of an introvert to reach out to anyone I recognize but if any of you see a fat, white haired woman knitting, that'll be me.  Stop and say hi.

@Tryingtocruiseyou will enjoy following @MeganGC1983as she does the “lives” for us, it’s like cruising along with her, well actually you are, ha, lucky for you. She is the one who got me hooked on “lives!” (We live real close to Venice in Nokomis, so perhaps some day I will see someone “knitting” on one of our cruises and ask if it is you.) Enjoy the Celebration!.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@MeganGC1983 I know you mentioned going to Mr. Sancho's beach in Cozumel.  I don't know if was because we were there on a Saturday in July, but it was packed.  They normally have a pay as you go side and the all inclusive side.  When we went it was packed with it all being the all inclusive.  I recommend making a reservation on their website.  It cost $5 to reserve your spot.  $68 per adult for all you eat and drink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

@MeganGC1983 I know you mentioned going to Mr. Sancho's beach in Cozumel.  I don't know if was because we were there on a Saturday in July, but it was packed.  They normally have a pay as you go side and the all inclusive side.  When we went it was packed with it all being the all inclusive.  I recommend making a reservation on their website.  It cost $5 to reserve your spot.  $68 per adult for all you eat and drink.

Been there done that, we now prefer Paradise Beach facilities, food, drinks etc.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Yes sir. All ready have a reservation. 

• Like 4

It’s been a fun day at work. Had a long phone conversation with a boss. Got the majority of my packing done. Now waiting on the bus for the kids. 
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Just one glass of Chardonnay won’t hurt. Heck, it might help since tomorrow is spelling test day for my son. 😆

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m excited for all these CCers on this cruise. But if you see me on drinks 11-14, shhhh! 😆

Let's see...I think the conversion rate is 14 Oklahoma drinks = 18 actual Carnival drinks...

Someone told me that once...

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Let's see...I think the conversion rate is 14 Oklahoma drinks = 18 actual Carnival drinks...

Someone told me that once...

Does Oklahoma still have 3.2 beer?  it may be the other way around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Just one glass of Chardonnay won’t hurt. Heck, it might help since tomorrow is spelling test day for my son. 😆

Oh, I remember those days and don't miss them one bit. Yeah, definitely Chardonnay if not something stronger.😃

Looking forward to your travels, Megan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m ready to fast forward through tomorrow. Yet I still have to pack my kids for their week at my MILs. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

From past “lives” I know your MIL cares for your kids, you must have a wonderful MIL, thanks to her so you can cruise and we can cruise along with you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 2:43 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

“Celebrate good times, come on! Let’s celebrate!”

In just a few short days, it’s gonna be time to bring it on back to Carnival and try out the new Celebration. It’s been 80 days since we sailed on the Resilient Lady, and it feels like forever. I can’t believe we haven’t sailed Carnival at all in 2023.

For those that are new, welcome aboard! I’ll be your guide through this LIVE review. Together we will have 6 days of Shaq’s Big Chicken, Street Eats, Latitudes Bar, Center Stage and ChiBANG! 

If you’re a regular, great to have ya back! Follow along, ask questions, and let’s see what we can get into! 
Our stops will be Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya. I’ve actually never been to Costa Maya. I’m not exactly excited to fly to Florida just to do a western itinerary, but sometimes, you just go with the flow. 

E38F1273-1C68-4B7D-BA04-1C113D247C9B.jpeg

F3961F63-32E6-4DC3-8796-0B85CBF1B6DA.jpeg

I'm late to the party but hope I'm not late to the cruise. Couple of 10 hour work days have me coming and going.

We haven't sailed Carnival in over a year and a half so can't wait to check out this ship. I wasn't thrilled with a Western Caribbean sailing but I needed a cruise that included Labor Day and this big, new ship was the best Carnival had to offer. I booked airfare in late March only to find out there was NO non stop from San Antonio to Miami! It never changed so we will be flying out of Austin where at least there was one non stop.

It's a big ship but if I see you around I will stop and say hi 👋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cellfree said:

From past “lives” I know your MIL cares for your kids, you must have a wonderful MIL, thanks to her so you can cruise and we can cruise along with you.

Yes, she’s amazing. All of the grandparents are. My kids basically have 4 sets due to divorce, but they share responsibilities. The others take them on the weekends and pick up from activities, stuff like that. My MIL is really supportive of me working, which is important. She knows this goes along with the territory. 

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm late to the party but hope I'm not late to the cruise. Couple of 10 hour work days have me coming and going.

We haven't sailed Carnival in over a year and a half so can't wait to check out this ship. I wasn't thrilled with a Western Caribbean sailing but I needed a cruise that included Labor Day and this big, new ship was the best Carnival had to offer. I booked airfare in late March only to find out there was NO non stop from San Antonio to Miami! It never changed so we will be flying out of Austin where at least there was one non stop.

It's a big ship but if I see you around I will stop and say hi 👋

Yes, please do! We will make this western Caribbean trip FUN!! 

• Like 3

Snap shot of my life… my “younger” sister is constantly mistaken for me all the time. People think I’m her occasionally. We probably have this conversation once a month at least. Sometimes I know who she’s talking about. Others, like tonight, I have no clue. Even looked him up… I got nothing. But I do hope he’s doing well. 
Do you really think we look that much alike? (Picture for reference) 

155B5884-C310-4F45-BD9D-657C49AFB18E.jpeg

0E6AF0E6-0E9E-4CAE-9085-D972E71C4468.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Haha 5