Should Celebrity forum be divided

Ex-Airbalancer

Should the Celebrity be divide into two section?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Celebrity section on this forum be divide into 2 sub section , one for Retreat and for Aqua and below. As Retreat passengers have a different cruise expectations than the rest of the passengers

Not saying I support this, but if it was divided, would you be prevented from reading commenting out of your cruising level? Seems that you could create a sub area for retreat specific questions if that would be helpful to folks without isolating anyone.

I definitely am in the minority with this but agree to make at least a subcategory with retreat and AQ questions/comments.  I feel the same about MSC YC vs non YC comments.  It is convenient to just go to the subject you are interested in a subcategory in rather than search and scroll.   Dining, drink package, activities are something we can all do and relate to.  But butler service, Blu, Luminae is not something all of us share.  Plus if researching the experience of both it's much easier if in a subcategory.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Not saying I support this, but if it was divided, would you be prevented from reading commenting out of your cruising level? Seems that you could create a sub area for retreat specific questions if that would be helpful to folks without isolating anyone.

Maybe just  a sticky about the RETREAT and repeat ques. with answers. 

Diff ships have diff RETREAT spaces but it could. be helpful.

Also a sticky  for AQ Class and one for Concierge...same ques are posed over and over!  Ex. 1) Concierge Class lunch:  time, place and menu?  What's included in CC?. 2) Can non AQ guests dine in BLU? What's included in AQ ?

The three stickys would cut down on so repeat ques!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

Maybe just  a sticky about the RETREAT and repeat ques. with answers. 

Diff ships have diff RETREAT spaces but it could. be helpful.

Also a sticky  for AQ Class and one for Concierge...same ques are posed over and over!  Ex. 1) Concierge Class lunch:  time, place and menu?  What's included in CC?. 2) Can non AQ guests dine in BLU? What's included in AQ ?

The three stickys would cut down on so repeat ques!

Or a sticky on drinks package ! 

• Like 2

Aside from the type of seperation suggested here, the more subcategories you have in a forum the less content you will get in each. We would end up with many of them more empty of content than one might expect and everyone would ultimately flood back to where it began in the one covers all.

As someone elses suggested, better use of subject titles would be a huge win.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I'm Elite. Big deal. Nobody cares

" Nobody cares " ???

WHAT ?? Can't be !!! --- I spent $$$$$$$$$ of $US with the terrible $Canadian to $US conversion rate and finally graduated to Elite to get all them perks ----and nobody cares ??

How d'ya think the old farts in the " reserved " section in the theater would feel if nobody cheered like crazy when the Captain ( don't know his/her name ) presented them with a gold(ish) medallion in honor of their 1000 Celebrity cruise ?

LOL-- How d'ya think I felt when I ordered a scoop of gelato and the young lady ( very pretty ) put 2 scoops into a cup and when I told her we were Elite, she took 1 out-- " You only get one "she said. ( Absolutely true story ).

So, when I went to GR to remove the gratuities or " settle " for a complimentary cruise, I overheard a man complaining about no round tomatoes, a lady complaining that her French onion soup was served cold and another old fart was upset because a young child was in the Solarium.

That's more serious than the " only one scoop " of gelato, so I left.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m interested in suites but I hope I’m not obnoxious about it.  I hate the posts that mention elite status when it’s not relevant.  “I’m elite and I just ate a sandwich.”

Agree, those are the best. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

" Nobody cares " ???

WHAT ?? Can't be !!! --- I spent $$$$$$$$$ of $US with the terrible $Canadian to $US conversion rate and finally graduated to Elite to get all them perks ----and nobody cares ??

How d'ya think the old farts in the " reserved " section in the theater would feel if nobody cheered like crazy when the Captain ( don't know his/her name ) presented them with a gold(ish) medallion in honor of their 1000 Celebrity cruise ?

LOL-- How d'ya think I felt when I ordered a scoop of gelato and the young lady ( very pretty ) put 2 scoops into a cup and when I told her we were Elite, she took 1 out-- " You only get one "she said. ( Absolutely true story ).

So, when I went to GR to remove the gratuities or " settle " for a complimentary cruise, I overheard a man complaining about no round tomatoes, a lady complaining that her French onion soup was served cold and another old fart was upset because a young child was in the Solarium.

Someone please explain the round tomato thing. This is the second time someone made a reference to it. I need a good laugh today. 

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

This made me laugh because my last cruise it was day 4 of my cruise and I went for my 'free' gelato and the one behind the counter said (repeatedly) you only get this once, saying it like if I already had it I can't do again ... ya I know I kept saying first visit ... it was a bit bizarre.  They may have also been saying one scoop but I didn't register with all the only once mantra.  Also 'absolutely true story'.

Darn it I want my 'free' gelato .. give it to me NOW!  And sheesh one would think you would get two scoops as Elite LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Someone please explain the round tomato thing. This is the second time someone made a reference to it. I need a good laugh today. 

Found it---

No Whole Tomatoes 12

By swjumbo, August 22

( notice the exclamation marks ) !

all the vegetables are pre cut and there are no whole tomatoes to be found!

We even tried Lawn Club Grill last night and the salad bar is greatly diminished with no round tomatoes!

Edited by Pinboy
Forgot a point
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Found it---

No Whole Tomatoes 12

By swjumbo, August 22

That is hilarious. I was still a bit unclear though. I guess he was upset because he likes grape tomatoes and they only had cut up full size tomatoes. I cannot imagine anyone eating a large tomato. 

I really hope people realize that fruits and veggies are seasonal. If you cruise out of growing season, you may find availability of certain foods lacking. I'd rather have no tomatoes than tomatoes that have been sitting in cold storage for months. 

4 hours ago, poffles said:

Aside from the type of seperation suggested here, the more subcategories you have in a forum the less content you will get in each. We would end up with many of them more empty of content than one might expect and everyone would ultimately flood back to where it began in the one covers all.

As someone elses suggested, better use of subject titles would be a huge win.

I don't think it is the titles that are the issue.  It is the inability of some to use a search function to find an answer.  

I hope everyone's expectations are the same, regardless of which cabin they sail in.  Everyone should expect friendly crew, good food, comfortable, clean public spaces.  The answers to many of the common questions can be answered by anyone.  Plus, lots of us like to hear about everyone's  experiences and opinions, and don't really care where they lay their head at night.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I don't think it is the titles that are the issue.  It is the inability of some to use a search function to find an answer.  

Yes the search function is also great but personally when I utilize search I often filter down to 'only in title' to try to fine tune the results so titles matter even with search.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

The search function stinks imo because it brings up every post with a matching word whether relevant or not. I have much better luck googling my question. More often than not a CC thread will pop up. Just a much better filter…but to your point, I agree a quick search of something will often yield a hit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since Retreat passengers have a different  expectations than the rest of the passengers 

Should this forum be divide , Retreat and Aqua and the rest 

I think that is a brilliant idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Search function... what a joke.

Just trying to get to a thread I'm asked if I'm willing to wait.  There are just too many cheerleaders trying to counter complainers complaining about cheerleaders on cruise critic.  We all know that no one can handle the truth, or was that a falsehood?  Anyways cruise critic is an addiction to most posters here even when they hate the topic.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The search function stinks imo because it brings up every post with a matching word whether relevant or not. I have much better luck googling my question. More often than not a CC thread will pop up. Just a much better filter…but to your point, I agree a quick search of something will often yield a hit. 

yes true and I often just google as well.  On here I use quotation marks around the phrase I'm using.  

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I'm generally not a fan of search functions, but on CC, you need to make sure you change the default from "any search words"  to "all search words".  I get better results that way. I wish they would set the default to that, because sometimes I forget to change it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

That is hilarious. I was still a bit unclear though. I guess he was upset because he likes grape tomatoes and they only had cut up full size tomatoes. I cannot imagine anyone eating a large tomato. 

I really hope people realize that fruits and veggies are seasonal. If you cruise out of growing season, you may find availability of certain foods lacking. I'd rather have no tomatoes than tomatoes that have been sitting in cold storage for months. 

Hi

Have you never walked into a greenhouse bursting with tomatoes,,pulled one off and eat it out of your hand,,,,,one of the joys of summer.

Especially the small round variety ‘Gardeners Delight’.

Sorry for going off topic!!😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Have you never walked into a greenhouse bursting with tomatoes,,pulled one off and eat it out of your hand,,,,,one of the joys of summer.

Especially the small round variety ‘Gardeners Delight’.

Sorry for going off topic!!😉

I used to live near some tomato farms that would grow the best beefsteak tomatoes. There is nothing better than a tomato sandwich on good bread. Most tomatoes I find to be inedible, so I generally don't eat them anyway. I just can't see getting so bent out if shape about a tomato that I went to guest services. I worked with the public for several years early in my career and we used to keep a running list of all the crazy complaints and complainers we got. I bet the folks at guest relations still talk about the tomato guy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

TIP:  When searching in google, enter your search terms followed by site:boards.cruisecritic.com to get results only from CC. 

• Thanks 2