Premium Wi-Fi upgrade

kasowell2

2 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

1. First question is: is it worth it to upgrade to premium Wi-Fi?

2. upgrade 1 device is $3.99 per day

3. Upgrade 2 devices is $26.99 per day

What is up with that pricing difference?

Stop what you're doing and buy the 1 device (see if it lets you buy 2 if you want) for $3.99 per night right now as it could be a price mistake that will get corrected ASAP.  You can cancel anytime for a full refund anyways

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Great deal!  It will be faster but also allow you to make/receive regular phone calls from your phone number

I booked it and got the confirmation email. I’ve had the regular Wi-Fi in the past and it worked ok until at night when everyone was back onboard. The cruise isn’t until October 2024 on Beyond. I will save the emailed receipt

• Like 1

Lol…our two upcoming cruises have the upgrade option showing as on sale for 55% off, but both are different prices ($5.82cdn and $6.13cdn). Still much cheaper than what I had originally booked though!

• Like 2

I have noticed that the upgrade price varies we have 7 bookings and the 3 where we have AI with basic Wi-Fi the prices to upgrade are difference for each of them.

Looks like dynamic pricing for wi-fi is coming to Celebrity.

Last time we cruised Royal the dynamic pricing on the beverage package was crazy.  Price kept changing so deciding when to buy was a nightmare.  Always thought that was a plus with X, the price was the same  $ no matter what ship, itinerary or day if the week and a 30% off sale resulted on the same price for everyone be it wi-fi or beverage package.   

1 hour ago, MandL said:

Wow!  You scored!  Ours is still at the old rate.  I will keep watch now.  Thanks for posting.

You can cancel your old upgrade and buy the new one at the lower price.

I have been doing that on my 8 future bookings mostly on shore excursions. Just be sure if you want to rebook a shore excursion that it is not sold out before cancelling your original booking.

We were able to upgade for $2.99 pp/pd on a few 2024 cruises tonight. I canceled a previous sale price upgrade on one, and used the difference form this and some excursion repricing to buy a specialty dining package on one cruise. 

I think X is wise to offer such a helpful sale this Labor Day weekend. It is changing the mood and tone of the Celebrity-related conversation 

I got an email from Celebrity for a September Flash Sale ... price was approx AUD$6.58 pp upgrade premium wifi for 1 device.  Needless to say I cancelled the upgrade for 1 device I previously had for my husband and changed it to 1 x device for 2 guests. Also cancelled my laundry package and booked the now cheaper priced one. 

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Stop what you're doing and buy the 1 device (see if it lets you buy 2 if you want) for $3.99 per night right now as it could be a price mistake that will get corrected ASAP.  You can cancel anytime for a full refund anyways

Do you know how the deal with it if you have two premium plans on one account - will they switch it to a two device plan?