Updated C&A Member Benefits schedule

cublet

6 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I'm not seeing where it says you must use your BOGO dinner on day one or two, just that it has to be purchased on day one or two just as before. Maybe I'm overlooking that section? Some ships allow us to use ours any day and some don't.  

It's there.  Also look at footnote 7.

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

It's there.  Also look at footnote 7.

This is what I see - is there something else?

"Purchase" one cover charge in a specialty restaurant on the 
fi rst or second day of your cruise and the second cover charge 
is free. Excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table, and 
Hooked Seafood ."

2 minutes ago, lovelife said:

This is what I see - is there something else?

"Purchase" one cover charge in a specialty restaurant on the 
fi rst or second day of your cruise and the second cover charge 
is free. Excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table, and 
Hooked Seafood ."

You're missing the first part of the 2nd sentence.   "Reservation must be made for dinner for first or second night..."  

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

You're missing the first part of the 2nd sentence.   "Reservation must be made for dinner for first or second night..."  

That sentence could be taken two different ways by some. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Okay. I quoted the exact words from the list the OP posted. I don't see your quote anywhere, but thanks - it's all good. Let's just hope we can use it any night.

4 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Okay. I quoted the exact words from the list the OP posted. I don't see your quote anywhere, but thanks - it's all good. Let's just hope we can use it any night.

You quote the old list (effective 3/10/23).  The new list (effective 9/1/23) is: "Buy any specialty restaurant dinner on the first/second night of your cruise and receive complimentary dining for second guest. Reservation must be made for dinner on the first or second night (excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table & Hooked Seafood)7"

7_Purchase one cover charge in a specialty restaurant on the first or second day of your cruise and the second cover charge is free. Reservation must be made for dinner on the first or second night. Excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table, and Hooked Seafood.

22 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

How new a venue is 'Hooked Seafood'? Too new to have been included on a previous schedule? Or so new, and popular, Royal only now see the opportunity to squeeze more money out of us.

No specialty restaurant gets my vote, or money, since the demise of Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet

What is odd is that it is excluded from the Chop’s + 1, but in the planner it has the same price as Jamie’s 

Also the special is not available on my upcoming March 31 Anthem and October 9, ‘24 Symphony sails.

Wonder if going forward it only applies for sails out of  Bayonne.  The 3 dinner special is available. 

Ps. Booked Chop’s + 1 for our recent August 20 sail, but the bookings took place the latter part of last year. 

y

Buy a specialty restaurant dinner and receive one complimentary nonalcoholic specialty coffee beverage (exludes Starbucks)4
4_You will receive one (1) complimentary non-alcoholic specialty
coffee beverage with the purchase of dinner in any specialty
restaurant. Excludes Starbucks.

What if you have the Ultimate Dining Package? 

10 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Buy a specialty restaurant dinner and receive one complimentary nonalcoholic specialty coffee beverage (exludes Starbucks)4
4_You will receive one (1) complimentary non-alcoholic specialty
coffee beverage with the purchase of dinner in any specialty
restaurant. Excludes Starbucks.

What if you have the Ultimate Dining Package? 

I've been able to get an espresso every night with the UDP

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lovelife said:

This is really odd. Here is what I get when I open OP's document just now.

Screenshot_20230902_215809_OneDrive.jpg

Got the above detailed C& benefits at the GS on Oasis 20th sail.  Used to get a specific benefits correspondence for D+ members in cabin from the LA.  This time around none provided and had to go to GS and got the more detailed one. 

Also, in the past got paper invites whether lunch with officer or any C&A member activities, however  it was all done via voice mail on cabin telephone.  I guess saving paper.  The problem was that one of the events was the same day as the message and I missed it.  If this is the new norm, why not list it in the daily cruise planner.

33 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

On Wonder, 2 weeks ago, we were required to use all of our BOGO on days 1 and 2.  This week, on Grandeur, we were able to pay for our BOGO on day 1 and use the second half of each of our BOGO later in the week.  It's really just a coin toss.

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Also, in the past got paper invites whether lunch with officer or any C&A member activities, however  it was all done via voice mail on cabin telephone.  I guess saving paper.  The problem was that one of the events was the same day as the message and I missed it.  If this is the new norm, why not list it in the daily cruise planner.

That's not going to work for me.  😞  I can barely understand most of the staff in person, so a phone message isn't really an option.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That's not going to work for me.  😞  I can barely understand most of the staff in person, so a phone message isn't really an option.

Loyalty Ambassadors (she) are usually pretty fluent in English, and she was the individual leaving the voice message.