Celebrity App not available for android tablets?

Plato123

I previously had the app installed on my newish Lenovo tablet but removed it when it would not load properly after our last Celebrity Cruise.  I went to reinstall it but can no longer D/L it from the app store as it says my tablet is not supported.  I have sent a message to the RCCL app people but have not yet heard back.  Anyone else have this problem?  The app seems to be working OK on my wife's newer yet Samsung S6 lite.

never worked on our older Samsung tablet and phones.. Not worth the bother for our new phones.. We heard info has been outdated and  wrong alot.  We can open our doors etc without it.

All we need is on the TV..or in the daily..still in print we hope!

19 minutes ago, haynesra said:

You can side load the app onto your android tablet and works for some tablets. Works on my Samsung tablet.

mine is very old but great for e mail and reading..Just got a new coverl and will upgrade to a glass screen protector..

I am lo tech and have no  idea what side load neans, but thanks for trying to  assist!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hcat said:

never worked on our older Samsung tablet and phones.. Not worth the bother for our new phones.. We heard info has been outdated and  wrong alot.  We can open our doors etc without it.

All we need is on the TV..or in the daily..still in print we hope!

i have had it loaded on all of my Samsung phones and it works fine.

• Like 2

The app is no longer supported on Android tablets. Ironically it works fine on my wife's Ipad and Iphone. For my last cruise, I bought a cheap burner Android phone and just used it as a WIFI device (didn't activate it with the phone carrier). That worked fine.  

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Waianaegal522 said:

SO I'm guessing that we cannot check in online without the app? Sorry but hi tech isn't worth the hassle. And luckily we will be arriving in port mid morning so if it takes a while to check in so be it... thanks.

You can still complete check in on the website like you’ve been able to do for years. However doing it on the app is hardly a hassle. It takes 1-2 minutes. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Waianaegal522 said:

SO I'm guessing that we cannot check in online without the app? Sorry but hi tech isn't worth the hassle. And luckily we will be arriving in port mid morning so if it takes a while to check in so be it... thanks.

Not true. You can check in using your computer on the Celebrity web site.