Alfredo’s

Purdey16

22 minutes ago, memoak said:

At $20 extra per day per person on our 20 day cruise this month that would come to $800 extra. Way too much for some free pizza and I will be on a Grand class ship   No Alfredo’s and no sushi bar 

We all have different priorities. 

Some of the Grand class ships do have Casual Dining options.  Grand and Sapphire have a reduced Alfredo's menu, Crown, Emerald, and Ruby have Salty Dog, Vines is on the Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Grand, Ruby, and Sapphire, Diamond has Kai Sushi, and Planks and Steamers are offered on Caribbean and Emerald. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, 4cats4me said:

Same here. Once we can cruise again, we plan on sailing with Virgin Voyages, Oceania, and Silver Sea.  
On Virgin the food looks spectacular and everything is included.  No upcharge venues.
And all adults, an added benefit.  😊 

I agree 4 cats.  Princess is nickel and dimming us.

how’s your mom?  We called her but she doesn’t answer or ever call back.

hope you r well.

On 9/3/2023 at 5:43 PM, Astro Flyer said:

The Fairwind/Dawn Princess was built in 1956 as Cunard’s oceanliner RMS Sylvania. When we sailed as Sitmar it was an all Italian & Portuguese crew…best service & food ever. While I haven’t sailed on a luxury cruise line, I feel Sitmar provided that level of experience minus the all-inclusive of luxury cruise lines.

My first Princess ship was the Fair Princess which was originally a Sitmar ship.

By the way I love your profile picture.  We have his and hers Crazy Shirts with that logo on it.  Headed to Kihei at the end of the month to help support the local economy.  First time there - we have always stayed in West Maui.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

Are you saying that Princess serves inferior crap?

Well who would eat it and is it safe to eat?

SMH

Yes, the pizza at slice is vastly inferior to the pizza at Alfredo's/Gigi's.  Is it safe to eat, of course, but after one bite the rest of the slice got tossed and never went back again.  And this was on the Discovery.

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

They aren’t included in the casual dining pricing.  My apologies if I relayed that message.  
They have included lunches at the same ‘specialty dining’ menu and costs but serve the meal much earlier in the day to relieve some of the crowding in the evening hours.  
Since 2 specialty dining meals come with the premier package, I’d much rather go at lunch time vs dinner time!  Now that I’m seeing that offered, I will definitely be taking advantage of that.  

No apologies needed.  That's why I said if I was referring something wrong.  We only have the Plus package and don't feel like the Premier is worth it to us since the 15.00 limit on drinks is sufficient since we don't drink wine.  Had forgotten about the 2 specialty vouchers included with Premier.  Still stuck on the two casual vouchers with the Plus.  Hopefully things will change over the next 11 months with only 2 being applied no matter the length of your cruise.  Between August of 2024 and August of 2025 we have 63 days on Princess we're looking forward to. (28 Sun 28 Enchanted 7 Discovery)

4 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It never has been, there is no way that the stuff that is served up at Slice is made in the stone pizza ovens at Gigi's.

When we ordered pizza on the Ruby, it as excellent.  They don’t even have a GiGis or Alfredo’s and everyone in our group commented that up the pizza was fabulous.  That was before they changed the pizza menu but I swear, it was so much better than the pizzas they served at Slice.  
we even took the leftovers up to our room for breakfast the following morning .. and it was still really good!  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

When we ordered pizza on the Ruby, it as excellent.  They don’t even have a GiGis or Alfredo’s and everyone in our group commented that up the pizza was fabulous.  That was before they changed the pizza menu but I swear, it was so much better than the pizzas they served at Slice.  
we even took the leftovers up to our room for breakfast the following morning .. and it was still really good!  

did you wash it down with a beer that you took one sip out of the night before, and left it on your nightstand?  Aw college - good times! - oh wait - never any leftover pizza then

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No apologies needed.  That's why I said if I was referring something wrong.  We only have the Plus package and don't feel like the Premier is worth it to us since the 15.00 limit on drinks is sufficient since we don't drink wine.  Had forgotten about the 2 specialty vouchers included with Premier.  Still stuck on the two casual vouchers with the Plus.  Hopefully things will change over the next 11 months with only 2 being applied no matter the length of your cruise.  Between August of 2024 and August of 2025 we have 63 days on Princess we're looking forward to. (28 Sun 28 Enchanted 7 Discovery)

thank you!  
We do drink wine so the premiere package is often worth it for us, well, actually for me as my DH is satisfied with the wines that are just a dollar or two over the $15 limit.  But, since we both have to purchase it, I’m usually good with that.  It’s perfect for a 5-7 night cruise… any longer or any shorter, I would think long and hard about spending the extra money.    
We made do on our last cruise with the older $50 plus package as we had a couple hundred in OBC and there was no Alfredo’s or Gigi’s onboard.  It was a ten night cruise and would have been $600 to upgrade.  Our bill at the end only ended up being like $15 .. so, it was the right move not to upgrade.  All in all, we were very happy with the whole experience!  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can only go by what we had on the Discovery since the Majestic does not have a slice, they have the noodle bar instead, which is fabulous.  Gigi's is really good since it's done in a brick pizza oven.  No way the stuff up on Lido is made in those ovens and transferred a few decks up.  I will assume it's made in the same type of pizza oven that your local pizza place uses.  Passable at 100 am, but nowhere near the quality of Gigi's.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

11 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

thank you!  
We do drink wine so the premiere package is often worth it for us, well, actually for me as my DH is satisfied with the wines that are just a dollar or two over the $15 limit.  But, since we both have to purchase it, I’m usually good with that.  It’s perfect for a 5-7 night cruise… any longer or any shorter, I would think long and hard about spending the extra money.    
We made do on our last cruise with the older $50 plus package as we had a couple hundred in OBC and there was no Alfredo’s or Gigi’s onboard.  It was a ten night cruise and would have been $600 to upgrade.  Our bill at the end only ended up being like $15 .. so, it was the right move not to upgrade.  All in all, we were very happy with the whole experience!  

For our 20 day cruises it would cost $800 more to upgrade to premier. Not cost effective. We are fine with Woodford Reserve and Grey Goose 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

thats up $3 in 3 months !

The pizzas online went from $3 to free and then to $8.50.  I still don’t mind but that pricing has been quite the roller coaster.  If it’s good pizza, the $8.50 charge doesn’t much bother me.  
but, I have to say, I miss the older menu.  While I will eat the vegetarian, the pepperoni and margarita pizzas aren’t exactly what I used to receive.  I get why they did it … I just really liked what they previously served.  

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Yes, the pizza at slice is vastly inferior to the pizza at Alfredo's/Gigi's.  Is it safe to eat, of course, but after one bite the rest of the slice got tossed and never went back again.  And this was on the Discovery.

Discovery is known for having the worst pizza at Slice. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

5 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I agree 4 cats.  Princess is nickel and dimming us.

how’s your mom?  We called her but she doesn’t answer or ever call back.

hope you r well.

yep, nickel and diming for sure. 

Nobody from there has called her since October of last year (maybe November. )
she did call you  back in October and spoke with you for a couple minutes and then you had to cut her off because you were at a meeting, and said you would call her back and she waited and the call never came She felt very hurt by that. 
it took a lot for her to place a phone call especially with all she’s been through
Bonnie hasn’t called since July 2022.  
I can see who’s calling and who’s not

she does not know how to dial out  on Her own. 

she has had a couple more strokes. 

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

My first Princess ship was the Fair Princess which was originally a Sitmar ship.

By the way I love your profile picture.  We have his and hers Crazy Shirts with that logo on it.  Headed to Kihei at the end of the month to help support the local economy.  First time there - we have always stayed in West Maui.

We also got those fundraiser Crazy Shirts and a mutual friend wrote in an email about your visit. Mahalo for contributing to our economy & being in South Maui if there’s anything I could provide you could email me & our mutual friend could provide you with my email.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Can someone tell me what the changes at Alfredo are. I haven’t taken a cruise. Since my wife got sick.

She loved Alfredos.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

DSCN0234.jpeg

Alfredo's and Gigi's are now a pay for option as a casual dining experience.  You can either get things a la carte or as a 3 course meal for 14.99.  The 3 course is an app, a pizza or pasta and a dessert.  As a la carte, the desserts are 3.00, the apps are 5.00 and the pizzas are 8.50 or 12.50 depending upon their grouping.

If you get the plus package, you will receive two visits with the 3 course option included for the length of your cruise, whether your cruise is 4 days or 24 days or longer.  This may change.  If you buy the premier package, you get unlimited visits at the casual venues.  

11 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

yep, nickel and diming for sure. 

Nobody from there has called her since October of last year (maybe November. )
she did call you  back in October and spoke with you for a couple minutes and then you had to cut her off because you were at a meeting, and said you would call her back and she waited and the call never came She felt very hurt by that. 
it took a lot for her to place a phone call especially with all she’s been through
Bonnie hasn’t called since July 2022.  
I can see who’s calling and who’s not

she does not know how to dial out  on Her own. 

she has had a couple more strokes. 

Thanks so much for letting me know.  We did call a few times and never managed to connect.  I will try later today.  Please let her know we still love her.

so sorry to learn she has had more strokes.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, Purdey16 said:

I’m currently on sky princess and been watching the dinning at Alfredo’s and it has been literally empty since boarding day only a few people eating in it

I don't get it. The MDR is included in your fare. If it costs you to eat at Alfredo's, why would you not just have a good meal without a charge in the main dining room?

Also, it would probably be less cost to Princess to feed you in the pizzeria thlan the MDRs.
I loved eating at Alfedo's, but....

• Like 2

I disagree with people saying this is nickel and diming.  Of all the dining locations now categorized as Casual Dining, Alfredo's/Gigi's is the only one that was complementary before.  All the others had a charge. Now if you have a fare package, all those locations are included, either twice with the Plus or unlimited with Premier.  To me, this is making all these options more inclusive and I like it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I disagree with people saying this is nickel and diming.  Of all the dining locations now categorized as Casual Dining, Alfredo's/Gigi's is the only one that was complementary before.  All the others had a charge. Now if you have a fare package, all those locations are included, either twice with the Plus or unlimited with Premier.  To me, this is making all these options more inclusive and I like it!

Sorry, but we always went to the vines before dinner and had drinks.  We could get tapas or sushi with no charge.  Both items are gone and have been replaced and called casual dining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Sorry, but we always went to the vines before dinner and had drinks.  We could get tapas or sushi with no charge.  Both items are gone and have been replaced and called casual dining.

you can still grab items from International Cafe and bring them over.  Just a few steps away and I think better than the tapas were.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1