Room Service Delivery Charge for Elite Formal Night Canapes???

Calif Explorer

5 hours ago, dweeb said:

Here is what was offered on the Royal for both formal night canapes.

canapes.jpg

Nothing like that, on CP, just had to know to ring and order them.  Also on Enchanted no order form just had to remember to order them.

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yep. That’s the usual one.  I wonder if you could write in; chocolate covered strawberries.

LOL

In the past we have, but now I'm getting second thoughts about doing even that. They seem to be one step from being used in the cold fruit soup. 🙄

We had twice also agree the canapes are not so good.

1.  A plate of canapes with 6 pieces (very small) of something.

2.  A plate of chocolate covered strawberries (6 or eight) way over ripened.  We did not bother to eat these.

We did not order or place an order they just showed up.

17 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Nothing like that, on CP, just had to know to ring and order them.  Also on Enchanted no order form just had to remember to order them.

We’re on Enchanted and had the order form. It went in the trash. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

Well, at the risk of bucking the trend here... I really enjoy the canapes each evening. We make a point of being in our cabin prior to going to dinner with a drink while we get ready and then when the canapes arring we sit on the balcony and relax. It makes for a nice start to the evening.

OK, I accept that I could live without them. They are just a bit of something of nothing and as far as food goes they aren't the best. But they are served to the cabin, we don't have to pay extra and they are a bit different to our normal routine at home - when does anyone have canapes at home? Exactly! So it makes each evening start with something different.

We then make our way down to the atrium for a pre-dinner cocktail. 

Oh... wish I was there right now 🙂

I have to agree that most of the time the Elite canopes were some what dry and to some degree tasteless

On one occassion our travel agent sent us canopes for booking. I was surprised how much better the canopes for a fee tasted. FRESH. what a difference.

7 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

when does anyone have canapes at home?

Well... We don't have canapes but we sometimes just have popcorn for dinner... 🤪

Neither of us really has a need or desire for yet more food. We can always get an "extra nosh" at the PES thing if we want. Unlike many we like the small portions in MDR and never feel a need for any extra whether before dinner or after dinner.

• Like 2