Seriously now-how many of you are REALLY looking at other cruise lines because of the CEO's changes going on?

Linda W.

Seems like Celebrity is making lots of changes now they have a new CEO.  Celebrity is definitely NOT the superior cruise line it used to be.  I know I am studying other cruise lines and after our next cruise in February may say goodbye to Celebrity.  I'm wondering just what this new CEO is REALLY trying to accomplish besides getting rid of loyal Celebrity cruisers? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Seems like Celebrity is making lots of changes now they have a new CEO.  Celebrity is definitely NOT the superior cruise line it used to be.  I know I am studying other cruise lines and after our next cruise in February may say goodbye to Celebrity.  I'm wondering just what this new CEO is REALLY trying to accomplish besides getting rid of loyal Celebrity cruisers? 

I don't care who the CEO is, I am not sailing with them because of their prices and reduction of services and quality. Now they are reducing the offering of "All Included" I am booked with MSC and Virgin.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Options are open but Celebrity is still my preferred choice. If the price, value and itinerary meet our needs we’ll continue to book cruises. I’ve yet to find the diamond in the rough. Celebrity stil fits a specific “want” for us that really isn’t duplicated. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have already booked with a different cruise line for next year. Reason being the new edge ships have replaced  the s ships out of Southampton, we want a proper balcony and the SV's are horrendously expensive, secondly the price for an infinity balcony is 2k higher than a normal balcony on the other line. The other cruise line may not be "luxury" but the menu is better

• Like 9

We booked an 11-day Beyond cruise over a year ago for this coming January in a SS1 cabin. Based on current pricing we got a great price and with "All In" meaning "All In". Celebrity's new pricing has priced us out of the Sky Suite market so for a year from January we will be on the new "Sun Princess". Basically, with nearly all the perks of a Celebrity SS at about 1/2 the price and on a new ship. (BTW - - We cruise once a year.)

We have been sailing on Celebrity since 1/1995 and will reach Elite+ at the end of our January cruise. We have always enjoyed Celebrity, but they will be sailing without us. Almost booked HAL's Rotterdam for next year as even their 12-day Panama Canal would have been cheaper than Celebrity's 7-day cruises and with a lot of perks.

I looked at moving up to a super premium line, but did not see anything that was in our price range and Princess and HAL both have many competitive options that fit our budgets.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

To be fair, with their cutbacks they also "cut" the CEO job title; Laura is only the President, not also the CEO like LLP, X is becoming more like RCI, and X's parent company is run by a former CFO; all those are facts.  Now for the coincidental speculation, the Parent Company company sacked LLP so they could call the shots/standardize with RCI and now it's the President's job to implement the changes at the operational level.  Again, just speculation, nothing more

image.thumb.png.18941665c30a5296efd04e9b1269185c.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I don't care who the CEO is, I am not sailing with them because of their prices and reduction of services and quality. Now they are reducing the offering of "All Included" I am booked with MSC and Virgin.

This. We've now booked two cruises with HAL in 2024, and two in 2025. Their itineraries are much more varied than Celebrity's, their prices far more reasonable, and their "all included" is still actually all included.

Edited by MustBCruzn
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

If nothing else the changes have made us take our blinkers off and look elsewhere. We’ve booked a suite on HAL for little more than a SV on Celebrity. Our first non Celebrity cruise. 
We have one more Celebrity cruise in 2024 in a sky suite. Booked two years ago and since then the price has almost doubled. If I’m going to spend that sort of money it will be with a truly premium line such as Oceania.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

With the price increases and the “service reductions of the day” we found that the Retreat is no longer the lower cost option to lux lines. So we booked on Regent and actually are saving a bit that way. I don’t know what person (or group) at Celebrity is responsible for this situation, but it is what it is. And it is that the Celebrity Retreat is not the good deal it once was. 

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 11

After the twice cancelled Fall 2024 TAs and were were given no options, we booked the Oceania Vista for its Fall 2024 TA. 

We will take our three booked Celebrity cruises, mainly because they were booked under a different pricing regime. Our experience will dictate if we book X again or try another line.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

We went on our first Celebrity cruise last year after many with Royal. We have the Ascent booked for next year, and we are very much looking forward to it. We'll reevaluate after that cruise, but for now, I still view Celebrity as offering the experience we are looking for: more refined than Royal, better food drinks, and service (and based on the food reviews over on the RCI forum, that is still the case), and still at a good price point. For a 2025 cruise, we're actually seeing prices similar to or less than Royal from our TA. 

With that said, I am increasingly interested in Princess. It seems they've maintained a good level of service and food. They're adding some extra charges for some things, but if you go with one of their packages, most of it is included.

I'll be in the market for a milestone celebration cruise come 2026. I'll probably go with Celebrity or Princess based on itinerary. Not ready to make the leap to the luxury lines. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

I switched to Holland America long time ago. We also love Oceania, Disney, and Princess. We're even starting to look at Carnival, especially their new ship Mardi Gras. There are good choices on the menu, and they have lots of different food venues, many of which do not have an upcharge.

• Like 2

Many on CC still don’t believe that there is a real reduction in quality and it will take their next cruise to realise the changes, also the biggest reduction being in the MDR means suite passengers may not be too affected.

When they have cruised again I think Celebrity will realise the decrease in future bookings and by then the premium reputation will be a thing of the past.

We have 3 bookings for next year on Ascent and Beyond, the prices are now well above what we paid so we may take these cruises but we are now looking at NCL and the 6 star lines for the future. Unless there is a swift u turn by Celebrity next year’s cruises with them will be our last.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We sail suites last November got beyond for about 3k each all included with lots of OBC this November it’s more than 4K per, so I booked a rccl oasis class for 1500 per less, next November will most likely book oasis class grand suite again or MSc yacht club . We will do a music charter on celebrity because of the entertainment.

• Like 1

While the plurality of my cruises have been on Celebrity, I don't view myself as particularly loyal to one cruise line over another.

I book cruises based on a combination of timing, itinerary, length, cruise line offering and price.  Sometimes that is Celebrity,  sometimes another cruise line.

While I have loved the Celebrity offering previously, I have a S2B2B later this year so I'll see how much the product changed for what I care about to decide on the future.  I have a Seaborn cruise booked for next year and have been eyeballing a couple Silversea and Viking cruises for more unique itineraries.

I also don't personify changes or cuts.  Celebrity is a company owned by another company I don't know or care who is calling the shots.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We have NOTHING booked on Celebrity for the first time in 25 years.  Our next 2 cruises are with Viking and Princess.

Just not drinking the Celebrity koolaid anymore that it's OK to cut and cut and cut and increase prices at the same time.  

Maybe someday that will change but until then we're out.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

after Ascent and then APEX,  we are strongly leaning towards Cunard fir a new booking...

Partly b/ c of the  down graded changes with upgraded pricing, but also the same X  routine.. we  may just need a break!

• Like 4