Conquest passenger reported missing 9/6/2023

dobiemom

7 minutes ago, skywalkr2 said:

This was after they had already docked... So chances are he just got separated I would hope.

I thought about that as well, but Customs said he never went thru and there is no camera footage of him in the terminal either.  I wonder if there are any blind spots of carmeras on the exterior of the ship and he just happened to have went overboard in that exact spot where there is no camera footage? Could he have gotten lost in the crowd somehow in the Customs area and just was never definitively caught on camera? Could he have somehow exited the ship via a crew gangway in the port and no one questioned him or noticed? 

It has to be one of those 3 scenarios. He either went overboard where there are camera blindspots, got "lost" in the crowd in the Customs area with no clear camera footage or he snuck out via a crew exit. Other than that, the only other option is he is still on board the ship in a broom closet somewhere as a stowaway.

• Like 2

could he be wearing something that can throw off the facial recognition that is making him not be detected by the cameras? in the ports that use facial recognition i sometimes have to take off my hat and sometimes glasses for that device to detect me. technology is not perfect 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

could he be wearing something that can throw off the facial recognition that is making him not be detected by the cameras? in the ports that use facial recognition i sometimes have to take off my hat and sometimes glasses for that device to detect me. technology is not perfect 

Maybe. But in that case he would have had to have taken it off, like you said you have to do. And surely by now he would have spoken to someone in his family or to a friend. Some sort of cell phone call or text message record? Credit/Debit card use? They can triangulate your location using your phone down to a few feet assuming he has it in his posession and it is still working.  It is hard these days to just up and vanish into thin air, especially in a large public area like a cruise ship or cruise port or city with so many cameras everywhere. It really is a mystery.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2

The Miami Dade PD flyer says he was in Conquest cabin 1326. That stateroom is an inside on Riviera Deck, so at least any thoughts that he might have jumped from his room balcony can be checked off (since there wasn't one) - but there's still so many other possibilities. I hope they were able to thoroughly search the ship before it left port again. It would have been nice to have plenty of time to do that but they were probably limited time-wise due to the turn around.

image.png.d791c23b1b6e7d03d8b3d64c116054cb.png

I also don't understand the time difference where PD says last seen at 2:00 a.m. and then the sister says "We know that at 3:30 in the morning, he used the key card to get back in the room and anytime between then and 7:30 in the morning when he was supposed to meet my family for breakfast is when he went missing," his sister said. Did someone else use his card?

https://www.wpbf.com/article/florida-family-of-missing-port-st-lucie-man-last-seen-aboard-carnival-cruise-speaks-out/45029438#

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

I thought about that as well, but Customs said he never went thru and there is no camera footage of him in the terminal either.  I wonder if there are any blind spots of carmeras on the exterior of the ship and he just happened to have went overboard in that exact spot where there is no camera footage? Could he have gotten lost in the crowd somehow in the Customs area and just was never definitively caught on camera? Could he have somehow exited the ship via a crew gangway in the port and no one questioned him or noticed? 

It has to be one of those 3 scenarios. He either went overboard where there are camera blindspots, got "lost" in the crowd in the Customs area with no clear camera footage or he snuck out via a crew exit. Other than that, the only other option is he is still on board the ship in a broom closet somewhere as a stowaway.

Even before he got to customs, the ship would have record of him scanning off.

• Like 3

So very bizare.  I wonder if he was the only one in his cabin or if he shared it with someone.  I didn't see that in the story, though I might have missed that.  I can't imagine what his poor family is going through.  I sincerely there will be a positive outcome to this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

So very bizare.  I wonder if he was the only one in his cabin or if he shared it with someone.  I didn't see that in the story, though I might have missed that.  I can't imagine what his poor family is going through.  I sincerely there will be a positive outcome to this.

I saw one report that he did have a cabin mate.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/search-called-off-for-missing-carnival-cruise-passenger-in-florida-uscg/ar-AA1goo97

No one has seen him since Monday morning when he was supposed to debark.  He was not "binged" off the ship, and did not go through customs.  My first thoughts were that since he supposedly came back to the cabin at 3:30 a.m. and was seen at 7:30 a.m. , maybe he fell asleep somewhere on the ship- but that makes little sense now that he has been missing for 4 days.  Another report says his birth certificate and i.d. were still in his mom's possession, and he has not made any contact with family since they saw him Monday a.m.  Hoping this story has a happy ending, but  unfortunately it does not look good....

• Like 1

Here's what I saw regarding the cabin mate

"A statement from the cruise line, however, said his cabin mate actually last saw him around 7 a.m. “around the time the debarkation of guests was beginning.”

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2023/09/07/coast-guard-suspends-search-off-miami-for-missing-carnival-cruise-ship-passenger/

Whole thing is really weird!  Reminds me of a long ago story about a young woman who went missing from a ship and was never found.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balcony bound said:

I saw one report that he did have a cabin mate.

I also saw several family reports (on the site we cannot link to) that adds another wrinkle to this - that his twin brother was the cabin mate. And this news article also mentions his twin in this part "Kevin was out the morning he went missing with his twin brother Andre".

https://www.wpbf.com/article/florida-family-of-missing-port-st-lucie-man-last-seen-aboard-carnival-cruise-speaks-out/45029438#

I have no idea if they are identical twins, etc., but does anyone know how facial recognition works with twins? I agree things are not looking good at this point and am hoping for a miracle. Thinking of what might have happened makes my heart sink.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I also saw several family reports (on the site we i link to) that adds another wrinkle to this - that his twin brother was the cabin mate. And this news article also mentions his twin in this part "Kevin was out the morning he went missing with his twin brother Andre".

I have no idea if they are identical twins, etc., but does anyone know how facial recognition works with twins? I agree things are not looking good at this point and am hoping for a miracle. Thinking of what might have happened makes my heart sink.

There is a picture of the 2 of them together on the cruise. They are not identical twins at all. Easy to see major differences. So, I don't think thr twin element is a big factor. 

One thing is certain, the details in the reporting is a bit inconsistent from one report to the next. Many people are speculating now. Hopefully with time, more clear and consistent info will be known. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 2

His Dad has another take on the time last seen:

"Sean says Kevin was sharing a room on the ship with his twin brother Andre. That was the last time he was seen.

He said he heard the door open anywhere from 5-7 (a.m.) because it’s dark in the room, and can’t really tell the time,” Sean recalled.

Kevin was supposed to meet his family for breakfast before the ship returned to Port Miami the next morning, but he never showed up.

“We went for breakfast at 7:30, and he didn’t show up," Sean told CBS12 News. "I asked his brother where he was, he said he didn’t come back to the room.”

https://cbs12.com/news/local/kevin-mcgrath-missing-man-vanishes-on-cruise-ship-60th-birthday-carnival-conquest-cruise-ship-us-coast-guard-florida-september-7-2023

Edited by SeaHunt
added info
  • Like 1

I've followed missing person situations on cruises for years because they are always interesting to me and I love to cruise. I usually defend them because they are mostly suicides and cruise ships are statistically safe. HOWEVER, this one is very weird. Like very very weird. He was last seen (kind of) at 3 am with key card swipe into his room and didn't show up for breakfast a few hours later? Had an inside room? No overboard censor went off. Just weird all around. The Miami Dade police statement said this individual "could be in need of services"?? What does that even mean?

I also usually defend Carnival but I feel they should have delayed the cruise from leaving until detectives could have thoroughly searched the ship and sent out an email to the thousands of "witnesses" asking if they saw anything suspicious. This one will be interesting to follow. I'm hoping he willingly is hiding. Maybe starting a new life or something. Stressful times. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, missholly24 said:

The Miami Dade police statement said this individual "could be in need of services"?? What does that even mean?

Likely mental health.  "Services" in the LE world is a general term that someone may be in need of additional help (i.e. services) if located.  For a healthy young adult that is primarily mental health or substance abuse.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, missholly24 said:

I've followed missing person situations on cruises for years because they are always interesting to me and I love to cruise. I usually defend them because they are mostly suicides and cruise ships are statistically safe. HOWEVER, this one is very weird. Like very very weird. He was last seen (kind of) at 3 am with key card swipe into his room and didn't show up for breakfast a few hours later? Had an inside room? No overboard censor went off. Just weird all around. The Miami Dade police statement said this individual "could be in need of services"?? What does that even mean?

I also usually defend Carnival but I feel they should have delayed the cruise from leaving until detectives could have thoroughly searched the ship and sent out an email to the thousands of "witnesses" asking if they saw anything suspicious. This one will be interesting to follow. I'm hoping he willingly is hiding. Maybe starting a new life or something. Stressful times. 

Well, given that it’s been 7 days, he wasn’t/isn’t on the ship (at least, not alive). I’m not sure what delaying things last Monday would have done. They searched the ship. He wasn’t on it. Unless he is some ship ninja.

The most likely thing is, he jumped overboard and the detection system didn’t catch it. 

• Like 8

Just now, Hoosierpop said:

Well, given that it’s been 7 days, he wasn’t/isn’t on the ship (at least, not alive). I’m not sure what delaying things last Monday would have done. They searched the ship. He wasn’t on it. Unless he is some ship ninja.

The most likely thing is, he jumped overboard and the detection system didn’t catch it. 

This is my thought too. He went overboard and was not detected. 

• Like 4