Kids Diamond status via parent status

sportmorgan

I took an extra cruise without the family recently and am now Diamond.  My kids (16 and 14) would still be Emerald but I think they inherit my status?

Next cruise will be on Symphony next year.  The 16 year old is sharing a cabin with an older cousin (Emerald).  The 14 year old will be with me.

Questions:

1.  Will the 16 year old inherit my diamond status discount for booking the room? Not sure if her being in a separate room would affect that.

2.  Will both kids also get 4 drink vouchers (for milkshakes and virgin daiquiris of course)?

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought that to get the parent status the child had to be in the same cabin as the parent, but I'm sure others can correct me.

I'm pretty sure the child doesn't even have to be on the same cruise while they're under 18 to gain advantage of parent status when they cruise.

Both of your children should both show as diamond when you do - not sure on timing after cruising but you can always call C&A to confirm.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sportmorgan said:

I took an extra cruise without the family recently and am now Diamond.  My kids (16 and 14) would still be Emerald but I think they inherit my status?

Next cruise will be on Symphony next year.  The 16 year old is sharing a cabin with an older cousin (Emerald).  The 14 year old will be with me.

Questions:

1.  Will the 16 year old inherit my diamond status discount for booking the room? Not sure if her being in a separate room would affect that.

2.  Will both kids also get 4 drink vouchers (for milkshakes and virgin daiquiris of course)?

Thank you!

Make sure that you link your kids' C&A # to yours.

Only your kids will receive diamond benefits, not the cousin. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought that to get the parent status the child had to be in the same cabin as the parent, but I'm sure others can correct me.

I dont think this is royal. I read celebrity does this.

I agree with the posters saying the child inherits, doesnt even need to take another cruis doesn't matter where they are booked on royal. 

6 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

As far as the virgin drinks go, I already looked into this. I'm turning Diamond on my next cruise and even though I'm over 21, I don't drink. I was told I can get mocktails loaded onto my card instead 

It's always been 4 of any drinks so you can use them for a bottle of water, a mocktail, a cocktail, milkshake, etc.  Obviously best value is to use them on cocktails but however you want to use them enjoy them 🙂

• Like 1

…..but is it a problem?

our kids (all 7 of them) “earned” and inherited their C&A status up until their 18th birthdays. As adults, almost all of them have booked Royal Caribbean cruises in their own right. In fact, they have ONLY booked Royal Caribbean cruises! Their children (our 13 grandkids) are now growing up with the same exposure to one company, and probably with the same result?

That is a lot of commercial return for the sake of a few “free” drinks, a photo, and a paper bag full of clean underwear! 

If I was a marketing director for Royal Caribbean, I would be patting myself on the back! Actually, that might be too contortive, so I would probably just award myself a 7 figure bonus! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jetdriver787 said:

…..but is it a problem?

our kids (all 7 of them) “earned” and inherited their C&A status up until their 18th birthdays. As adults, almost all of them have booked Royal Caribbean cruises in their own right. In fact, they have ONLY booked Royal Caribbean cruises! Their children (our 13 grandkids) are now growing up with the same exposure to one company, and probably with the same result?

That is a lot of commercial return for the sake of a few “free” drinks, a photo, and a paper bag full of clean underwear! 

If I was a marketing director for Royal Caribbean, I would be patting myself on the back! Actually, that might be too contortive, so I would probably just award myself a 7 figure bonus! 

I agree with most of this. If numbers are becoming a problem, the place where it could be tweaked is around retention of your status even when you don’t sail. C&A is the only program I’m in which never expires or even reduces when it’s not used. It’s a loyalty program. If people don’t use it for example 4 or 5 years then they are not loyal anymore. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And this is a big problem with the program. 

And below is a great solution. 

55 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

If numbers are becoming a problem, the place where it could be tweaked is around retention of your status even when you don’t sail. C&A is the only program I’m in which never expires or even reduces when it’s not used. It’s a loyalty program. If people don’t use it for example 4 or 5 years then they are not loyal anymore.