The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 19th, 2023

richwmn

Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, National Butterscotch Pudding Day, and National Dance Day

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.--Robert Frost

Meal Suggestion for today - Pan Fried Lemongrass Chicken
Drink of the Day - Chocolate Covered Cherry
Wine of the Day - La Danse du Château Paradis
Destination of the Day - Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii

Today in History:
1893 New Zealand becomes the first country to grant all women the right to vote

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Alaska 0700-1600,1800-2200

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0830-1830

Nieuw Statendam

Katakolon (Olympia), Greece 0800-1700

Noordam

At Sea Destination Kodiak, Alaska eta 09-20

Oosterdam

Naples, Italy 0800-1900

Rotterdam

Kristiansand, Norway 0800-1700

Volendam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 09-20

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2100

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, PEI eta 09-20

Zuiderdam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1730

0919World.thumb.png.32ccaabccb42b71d14a9a2ea0d0003e1.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

Smitty34877’s DH Lou passing on 9/16

CrabbyPatti’s DF passing on 9/14

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis, onboard Jewel of the Seas

Mamaofami’s DH Sam back in the hospital with an increase in his brain bleed

Cruzin Terri with pain, and symptoms from the increased prednisone

Marshhawk’s house/bank issues

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui

Earthquake in Morocco and flooding in Libya, both with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd (Roy) recovering from Covid

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Crazy For Cats’ DM with a fall, pacemaker inserted, now home

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary mamaofami

Seasick sailor’s sister unharmed in a car accident

StLouisCruisers have a safe trip to Dallas

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Sept 21 to Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada)

4 days for Vmax1700 (Rotterdam Sept 23 to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic)

RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B), Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice to Sept 22, Alaska), Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa to Sept 24, British Isles), Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas to Sept 28, Canada and Greenland), Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia to Sept 29, B2B, NY/Canada/NE), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), tupper10 (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), and Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 19

Thank you for today's daily reports.

3 interesting days.

A very true quote.

Nice food today.

We visited Maui on our Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess November/December 2019.

I called for a breakfast bap after dropping Pauline off at her office and went to the beach.

I still had time before the bank opened at 09.00am so stopped again nearby.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20230919_075337.jpg

Screenshot_20230919_101033.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I think I'll pass on the days. 

Congratulations to New Zealand for leading the way on Woman's suffrage.

All my (Crystal) cruises to Hawaii have been to Lahaina.  I visited Kahului on a land trip way back in 1992. 

I'm sure this will be a sad anniversary for @mamaofami Carol and Sam.  I hope Sam's repair comes soon.

I like the Frost quote.  My temperature is down today.

The meal sounds interesting.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Arrr Matey.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and cloudy this morning.

A good collection of days. 

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  The drink sounds like dessert.  I hope the wine is good too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

A great day in history in New Zealand.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  No one to dance with but I do like butterscotch pudding.  that quote of Robert Frost’s is ever so true.

The meal sounds great to me.  We did enjoy beautiful Hawaii when we visited.  Yay on New Zealand for the great anniversary and what they did for women 👍 

IMG_1131.thumb.jpeg.86252ba261e7d7091d6e737aec11e431.jpeg

Well, of course it it pouring rain here today.  We needed more rain like a hole in the head 😔. On the bright side, got more yard clean up damage done by Lee, 7 planters are in the shed and 6 more are emptied 👍. Sounds great until you see how many are left 😬 I am definitely cutting back next year.  The humongous ones that I need someone else to help me lift are going.  Whatever I can’t manage is going.

IMG_1133.thumb.jpeg.c69413877ae495450a4e885f8cdd5f82.jpeg

I fly out two weeks from today.  I don’t have clothes laid out or chosen like some of my roll call members, house needs cleaning, planters need to be finished.  Think I am in trouble ? 😱 

since it’s raining out, I think you can guess what I will try to get done today once I get a bit of roll call stuff out of the way and my booster appointment made 😉 

IMG_1118.thumb.jpeg.7e4c19792991b2beec2183ba29fe6d7b.jpeg

@mamaofami Happy anniversary to you and Sam despite the circumstances.

IMG_5961.gif.39f52777b20640f9c7335b39085f82a0.gif

Special prayers for @smitty34877  and her suffering and grief and for Baby Murphy. 🙏 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_1132.jpeg.8b21c39f976508dab1b5b61922262ed9.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

• Like 35
  • Haha 7

Chocolate Covered Cherry cocktail:

1 cup ice cubes
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger chocolate vodka
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger cherry vodka
½ fluid ounce grenadine syrup
1 fluid ounce creme de cacao
1 fluid ounce half-and-half
1 dash chocolate syrup
1 maraschino cherry
1 chocolate kiss candy

Directions
Step 1 Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in chocolate and cherry vodkas, grenadine, creme de cacao, half-and-half, and chocolate syrup. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a chilled martini glass, garnish with maraschino cherry and chocolate kiss, and serve.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 7.20.15 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another exquisite morning here. Bindi & I really enjoyed this morning’s walk. 

Vanessa, thank you so meticulously keeping up with all of us. Bindi walks, gym, chores & definitely some yard work are in store for me today. This afternoon I am going with friends to see Haunting in Venice, hope it is a good movie. 

IMG_1480.jpeg.4c39b4b83315acb490999b6193be89cb.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg.b7741fa822a117591d72aef033aa50b6.jpeg

IMG_1754.jpeg.de874683d17bde655379d6dde7656a59.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, you, your family & your support team are in my prayers. 

Cheers to those who are celebrating! Have a wonderful day everyone!

La Danse du Château Paradis 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info, since that might be the easiest to find. Shiraz is the primary grape. Consumers and at least one critic believe it is an excellent choice. Widely available with online prices starting at $14.99.

Wine Enthusiast - 92

This is a fine wine, ripe with red fruits and tangy acidity. It has depth and density, a juicy character and a tight texture at the end. The Syrah in the blend brings a perfumed aftertaste. Drink now. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

Good Tuesday morning. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly and cool with lots of sun today. Just a reminder that fall is around the corner. 

Working in the office today. Should be a relatively quiet and easy day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Tuesday! - Imgflip

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily reports.

3 interesting days.

A very true quote.

Nice food today.

We visited Maui on our Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess November/December 2019.

I called for a breakfast bap after dropping Pauline off at her office and went to the beach.

I still had time before the bank opened at 09.00am so stopped again nearby.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20230919_075337.jpg

Screenshot_20230919_101033.jpg

No comment today!

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

Good Morning to All and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Interesting days (but none appeal to me), true quote and pass on the food and drink.  I will be going to Kahului in November and a big shout out to New Zealand!!

The day got away from me yesterday.  Today is busy - gym, subbing and got to get ready to leave.  My condolences to @smitty34877 and @CrabbyPatti.  Thoughts for all those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 28

Sorry but I was MIA yesterday tied up on other things.

So Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors yesterday and today.

Yesterday the port of call was Bimini and the World Resort. Been there once last November. What a great place and great beach. With a large ship in port was not crowded at all.

Fact or friction from Bimini. Walt Disney vacationed here for many years and got his ideas for two of his cartoons. Bimini Cricket and Bimini Bobbidi Boo! 😀

• Like 11
  • Haha 16

Just now, RedneckBob said:

Ok, since I’m your buddy I will comment. Yum. Is that ham on biscuit?

It is a bacon bap.

My hip arthritis prevents me putting my feet on the dashboard for a photo but I will get Pauline's feet next time if she will let me 😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 17

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

"If it's Tuesday, this must be Greenock."

I decided to stay onboard today while Sue went off to the excursion. My legs have been tired with doing about 12K steps each day. Yesterday I stood in the tender line to return to the ship for well over an hour. It seems the tender mechanical problems took until late yesterday to be finally fixed. No real complaint as I can understand the difficulties as a former Engineman.

Seas were a bit unsettled while in the Atlantic last night until we turned to the East. The ship does ride nice though and the beds are very comfortable. The pool area under the Magradome is getting a lot of use compared to the one outside.

Stay Safe, and prayers for all in need.

- Jack

Looking aft from Deck 16

0919231221.thumb.jpg.ce51f91ac1572ee274eb82861e3d3652.jpg

Greenock cruise terminal

0919231110_HDR.thumb.jpg.839647ab4b9977958ff516736f6d44e3.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friend!  We are seated at our gate awaiting our 10:05 flight in the world renowned Atlanta airport. 😀. Thank you Rich, Debbie, Dixie, Ann and Vanessa for the Daily contributions. I’m taking time to say prayers for those with recent losses, Denise and Terry. Also for DB and Mark and all here who are in need of them. I think I’ll add Ren who woke up with a headache and is skipping practice according to his Mom. If he’s better by 10 am central time when school starts he will go to classes.  I’ve never heard of high school starting that late but perhaps that’s because of soccer academy students  going to morning practice everyday. Anyway hope it’s nothing other than a headache. Meanwhile congrats to those celebrating something. Enjoy!  I’ll check in later today. Stay well and safe. 

• Like 28

Good morning everyone.   I love butterscotch pudding but I rarely have it.  It is a good quote by Robert Frost.   I will pass on the lemongrass, the cocktail would be lovely for a dessert and today's wine looks like a winner.  I look forward to photos of Kahului.   I haven't been there but I imagine our 2 stops in 2025 that were going to Lahaina will be Kahului.   I look forward to photos of the area.    Thanks for pulling these together for us each day. 

Prayers for @smitty34877, @CrabbyPatti, @Lady Hudson DH, Baby Murphy and her family and all the other fellow Dailyites that are going through illness or trials.  Happy anniversary to @mamaofami and DH Sam, I hope he can get his brain bleed addressed soon.   Prayers for Ukraine, Libya, Morocco and Maui, so many catastrophes in the world. 

I had a nice time at the meeting yesterday.  We are leaving shortly to get our flu and new Covid vaccines.   Then some grocery shopping and the farm stand around the corner.   Have a lovely Tuesday!  Nancy 

• Like 28