The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 21st, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Hello Dailyites! 

I will attempt to move to contributor from lurker status, if only briefly 🙄. And before yet another day's contribution gets locked.

I do read this wonderful outpouring of comradeship practically every day - smiling at the achievements; tearing up when reading of challenges and loss; laughing out loud at some of the memes and observations; pondering the contributions by the amazing F&B team. Thank you all -- not just for brightening my day, but making this such a treasured refuge. And it is so heartening to read the people continue to 'discover' this thread.

We are among some very lucky people who are counting down to boarding a BHB. We fly to Quebec next Wednesday for a few days before boarding the Zuiderdam as she repositions to FLL. Most of my attempts with private tours collapsed earlier this week when I realized revised arrival & departure times at some ports were in play. Unfortunately, the vendors were either unable to accommodate the new timing or wouldn't/couldn't guarantee getting to the ship by All Aboard, so we cancelled most of them. The good news is we wee able to book tours with HAL Shore Ex. Given that this hurricane season still seems to have some life left in it, it seems a prudent thing to do.

Next up: Actually starting 'the cull' in terms of what to pack. It's a regional jet to Toronto, so it will be a small roll aboard and one checked case (which we usually take into the cabin on big jets) for each of us. Thankfully, we have the 4* star perk of free laundry while on board.

We have received our annual flu shot and the RSV vaccine, but have not been able to get our 6th COVID yet. There are reports of COVID cases on recent sailings of the Zuiderdam, so we will be packing masks, as well.

Best wishes all,

-Cat

Great seeing you posting and have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

• Like 14

Good afternoon/evening, everyone.  DD just picked up five-year-old DGD.  We had a sleepover, as DGS was admitted to the hospital overnight for hydration and observation.  DSIL travels a lot with his work, so we help out quite a bit.  DGS is okay -- just a virus.  We had a nice visit with DGD.  Lots of Care Bears movies, pickle ball, art work.  She was very well-behaved, but still wiped me out.  Sipping wine early tonight.  It's five o'clock somewhere, right?  

I have great memories of miniature golf.  DD and DS were a year apart, and there weren't that many things I could do with them that interested both when they were kids.  We sought out mini golf courses all over the place.  Most memorable is the one in Hannibal, Missouri.  @RedneckBobreminded me of that.

@cat shepard, you mentioned that you were seeing A Haunting in Venice. Wondered how you liked it.  I thought it was scary!  Big Kenneth Branagh fan here.

World Gratitude Day is a good one.  Got to count those blessings.

It's nice to see new posters here lately.  I dip in and out -- sometimes being unable to follow along well because of so much family activity and frankly never-ending health problems.  I really appreciate those who are steady here, and those who feel they want to join in.

Late to wish everyone a good day, so I'll wish a good evening.  Sending kinds thoughts to all.  💐

• Like 24

3 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Hello Dailyites! 

I will attempt to move to contributor from lurker status, if only briefly 🙄. And before yet another day's contribution gets locked.

I do read this wonderful outpouring of comradeship practically every day - smiling at the achievements; tearing up when reading of challenges and loss; laughing out loud at some of the memes and observations; pondering the contributions by the amazing F&B team. Thank you all -- not just for brightening my day, but making this such a treasured refuge. And it is so heartening to read the people continue to 'discover' this thread.

We are among some very lucky people who are counting down to boarding a BHB. We fly to Quebec next Wednesday for a few days before boarding the Zuiderdam as she repositions to FLL. Most of my attempts with private tours collapsed earlier this week when I realized revised arrival & departure times at some ports were in play. Unfortunately, the vendors were either unable to accommodate the new timing or wouldn't/couldn't guarantee getting to the ship by All Aboard, so we cancelled most of them. The good news is we wee able to book tours with HAL Shore Ex. Given that this hurricane season still seems to have some life left in it, it seems a prudent thing to do.

Next up: Actually starting 'the cull' in terms of what to pack. It's a regional jet to Toronto, so it will be a small roll aboard and one checked case (which we usually take into the cabin on big jets) for each of us. Thankfully, we have the 4* star perk of free laundry while on board.

We have received our annual flu shot and the RSV vaccine, but have not been able to get our 6th COVID yet. There are reports of COVID cases on recent sailings of the Zuiderdam, so we will be packing masks, as well.

Best wishes all,

-Cat

Great to see you posting here, Cat.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise 🙂 🚢 🛳️ 🚢 🥂 

• Like 11

I'll be honest.  I didnt get half the things i had to do today done.  We were so late after DH's infusion, I have decided not to work at all on infusion days. No gravel, no clipping nothing but appointments and work.  I did get a jackie lawson card out to my bff, I did order his birthday gifts (t shirts from places he loves) but after watching the driver interview after work I'm done.

I noticed a couple of days ago, when i was trying to catch up on the previous day, at the end it says that you cannot post, it is closed.  Well, it is the daily,  so I guess at the end of one day, it should end?  But you should be able to look at it.

@HAL SailerI am sorry to read about your hubby.  I dont know how anybody can not bring up the bad things that they are going through.  But with me, you all are my besties, and I do share the bad parts of my day.

My two girl friends here are either one-busy with their grandchildren and planning camping trips, and the other is busy trying to get away from her husband.  She doesnt want to divorce him, just wants to be away from him.

When covid first appeared, we stayed home, spent no money, didnt work and we walked in the park.  My stress level until I fell and broke my elbow was so low. Now we are working again, we never have any time to do anything, and we eat out way too much because we don't have time to cook.  

The social security has not kept up with my needs, the cost of everything has gone up, especially the utilities, and I need to cruise.    It is an endless cycle.

Well tomorrow is the doc for me, my annual physical...HAHAHAHAHAHA, and then lunch out because the only thing in the fridge is bottled water.  Then we both work late, I have soup.....

I think the can says it expires this month......

Sweet dreams!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Hello Dailyites! 

Best wishes all,

-Cat

It is always nice to hear from you Cat.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

• Like 4