Velocity points for Virgin Cruise.

10 hours ago, jarz85 said:

I couldn't resist this offer either! Jumped on it as soon as the offer email came out! Was going to use my Velocity points to book business class to Europe for my NCL Epic cruise next year but will now just fly economy one way. A 'free' 5 day cruise is way better value to me than a business class vs economy seat!

Booked the 27th January  5 night Melbourne-Hobart-Melbourne cruise. Am excited to check out the night life!

OT. Curious about how many Velocity points for BC to Europe?

Most of our Virgin Points have come from credit card spending and a lot of that has been all the cruises we've done. Qantas no.longer allowed points transfers from out credit cards but Virgin did. Now were reaping the benefit from that. Thanks Qantas, you did us a favour after all by that move. 🤣

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Anyone hear any news about QANTAS starting a cruiseline? I don't have many Virgin points, not enough for a cruise for sure, but have a lot of QANTAS ones! 🙂 

Not their own line but you can book cruises via Qantas cruises, use your points there.

• Like 1

We finally got someone at Virgin Cruises to agree to help us find out our missing Access Key. Only took about two hours after the first phone rep somehow disconnected our call. Finally we are booked on a 6 night Melbourne Sydney Hobart cruise. We are not all that happy with our cabin location, but at least we finally got a booking on our preferred cruise.

14 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Finally we are booked on a 6 night Melbourne Sydney Hobart cruise. We are not all that happy with our cabin location, but at least we finally got a booking on our preferred cruise.

My wife and I are booked on the same cruise as you. As cruise newbies (this will be our first, so Virgin seems fitting, lol) I figured I'd go all-in for maximum bang for buck... or points, in this case. (I had over 800,000 of them and nothing planned any time soon.)

My first attempt, had it worked, would've seen us on deck 13, but I can't remember where. The second attempt worked, and has us on deck 12 aft. As best as I've been able to figure out from lots of reading since, our cabin's in an OK location. What were you allocated that you're not all that happy about, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Colin 2905 said:

My wife and I are booked on the same cruise as you. As cruise newbies (this will be our first, so Virgin seems fitting, lol) I figured I'd go all-in for maximum bang for buck... or points, in this case. (I had over 800,000 of them and nothing planned any time soon.)

My first attempt, had it worked, would've seen us on deck 13, but I can't remember where. The second attempt worked, and has us on deck 12 aft. As best as I've been able to figure out from lots of reading since, our cabin's in an OK location. What were you allocated that you're not all that happy about, if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to cruising and cruise critic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colin 2905 said:

We are on Deck 8, which is above some noisy public areas. After looking at the deck plans I decided that there were some areas that should not be very noisy late at night. I rejected a few directly above the Arcade and a few noisy bars, before accepting one that I thought should be ok.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Welcome to cruising and cruise critic.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We are on Deck 8, which is above some noisy public areas. After looking at the deck plans I decided that there were some areas that should not be very noisy late at night. I rejected a few directly above the Arcade and a few noisy bars, before accepting one that I thought should be ok.

Ah yes, I've read similar about parts of deck 8. Hopefully you'll be OK.

I offered both of our (adult) kids enough Velocity points if they wanted in on this offer. Daughter would like to, but her circumstances look like ruling her out. Son said yes, and is now waiting for his Access Key (he only pulled the trigger on Wednesday afternoon). He's tossing up between joining us, or different dates which would include his partner's birthday. It could come down to availability when he gets his Key.

Edited by Colin 2905
Typo

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, mr walker said:

Anyone hear any news about QANTAS starting a cruiseline? I don't have many Virgin points, not enough for a cruise for sure, but have a lot of QANTAS ones! 🙂 

Me too!  The best value I've gotten from Qantas was business class around Aust for 30,000 points.  Plus one way business class from NY home.  I have enough Virgin points to receive the 50% off offer.