The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 25th, 2023

richwmn

1 minute ago, JazzyV said:

I hope DH's appointment goes well, and that you find some furnishings you like for the house. I'm glad you're feeling better. I know you want to, but don't be too hasty in decreasing your prednisone as that could trigger a re-flare (my unasked for 2-cents).

Your 2-cents is priceless.  I heed your advice.  I messaged the doc and told him of my plan.  He has to approve before I move forward with it.

Thanks 

Terri

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Some photos from Dunedin in 2006 on the Statendam.

Approaching Dunedin

340-ApproachingDunedin.thumb.JPG.81625c7db77125e119c3bfd0e0d9bc03.JPG

Port of Otago and docking

341-PortofOtago.thumb.JPG.3f3f5e9867dc1046991fe93b9e2ea383.JPG

345-DockinginDunedin.thumb.JPG.1b4373050afb06423f82ef1becc7581d.JPG

St. Paul's Cathedral in the Octagon

347-St.PaulsCathedralintheOctagonDunedinNZ.thumb.JPG.c3774a01ec299eed1a515edb51784981.JPG

The Municipal Chambers

349-TheMunicipalChambersintheOctagon.thumb.JPG.13ee8055ae049fb3476d9c9b053eae79.JPG

Robert Burns Statue

350-RobertBurnsStatueStPaulsCathedral.thumb.JPG.cac46d83d8b19a3e5fc3ceb7a0939478.JPG

Dunedin Railway Station

354-DunedinRailwayStation.thumb.JPG.a8dd3fcff8d1270eea400f2858fc7993.JPG

Courthouse

356-DunedinCourthouse.thumb.JPG.155a992f8ac64e9fd9a816054df532a3.JPG

Dunedin First Church

357-DunedinFirstChurch.thumb.JPG.a35a41e082869a73d52b7cdc2de2467d.JPG

Cadbury World

360-DunedinCadburyWorld.thumb.JPG.d54da38a6ad69a8582a076e3923eea94.JPG

362.thumb.JPG.9303d13dc4d0137c579c21dabcc09a76.JPG

363-DisplayatCadburyWorld.thumb.JPG.a55348fc1685509c894ccd124f87edd4.JPG

364-Candy.thumb.JPG.fde336deaf3625f9ae33f202b2dd5a5d.JPG

Great pictures JazzyV. I see you also toured the Cadbury Plant. Did you try the Willy Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper? 
My only complaint was that they did not offer me any free samples of candy or would not let me grab any chocolates that were running on the conveyer belt in front of me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

13 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Great pictures JazzyV. I see you also toured the Cadbury Plant. Did you try the Willy Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper? 
My only complaint was that they did not offer me any free samples of candy or would not let me grab any chocolates that were running on the conveyer belt in front of me.

Hard to remember, but I seem to recall we got a little sack with an assortment of chocolates at the end of the tour. Grabbing off the conveyer belt was a no no! While we all had to put on hairnets, my BFF had the beard net too. Of course we bought stuff at the store as well ( the fruit and nut bars are my favorite).

• Like 21

33 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Your 2-cents is priceless.  I heed your advice.  I messaged the doc and told him of my plan.  He has to approve before I move forward with it.

Thanks 

Terri

I was going to say the same thing as I have taken prednisone many times for RA flares.I found the disease has its own timetable and I can’t control it.

All the best

Terry

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

@aliaschiefI can identify with the bear issues. I don't have to worry much about the garbage since our dumpster has a "bear bar" on it.... which means I have trouble putting trash in. But I get to "pooper scooper" bear leavings out of the yard most mornings in the Fall. I think they had a party the other night. As long as I don't meet them face to face, I am good.

Talked to a neighbor today. We live in a development that’s built around a private golf club. One area has a small lake. His parents live in that area and they had two large black bears on their property. The bears then went into the the lake sat down with water up to their necks and had a leisurely cool down.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute food service workers who work so hard. My only experience was working in a small restaurant on the boardwalk at the Jersey shore, summers after my junior and senior years in high school. I'll salute the dear community; there's a nearby school for the deaf, which helps with integration into society. I used to collect Star Trek comic books. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (tofu) and drink and take the wine. I have been to Dunedin on my first ever HAL cruise on the Statendam. Important days in history.

We're stuck with highs on only about 65F here, and occasional showers all week. I had another bad night. Not only my leg pain, but the right side of my back felt like the sacroiliitis I had 9 years ago. I did take a larger dose of ibuprofen this morning. I'm waiting to hear back from the Rheumatology office.

@grapau27 I hope you feel ok today after your flu shot. I understand your not being able to share your travels beforehand. When we were staying with a friend in Germany, we had to remember to shut the windows, as if there was a burglary and windows had been open, insurance would not have paid.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sure DS will be tired today after that long trip back home. Thanks for the Dunedin photos. Safe travels tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri I hope DH's appointment goes well, and that you find some furnishings you like for the house. I'm glad you're feeling better. I know you want to, but don't be too hasty in decreasing your prednisone as that could trigger a re-flare (my unasked for 2-cents).

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for you and the family. Take-out sounds like a good idea.

@dfish Pretty flower and scenery.

@ottahand7 Enjoy your day, and safe travels home tomorrow. Sorry the Ravens lost, but they are archrivals to my Steelers, lol. 

@rafinmd Thanks for the NZ photos, especially with @erewhon.

@RMLincoln It sounds like things are moving along smoothly for you. 

@ocean sounds Bon Voyage!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Thank you Vanessa.

Slight headache but not tired like I was on Saturday after my booster vaccine jab on Friday.

It might be different in the US but here an ex insurance loss adjuster said they look at a lot of social media of people who make claims for burglary and if the people had broadcast they were away insurance would not pay out.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Hard to remember, but I seem to recall we got a little sack with an assortment of chocolates at the end of the tour. Grabbing off the conveyer belt was a no no! While we all had to put on hairnets, my BFF had the beard net too. Of course we bought stuff at the store as well ( the fruit and nut bars are my favorite).

Lucky you. No sack of candy for me. I also bought candy at the store but it never made it back to the ship!

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

Happy Monday everybody , it’s a brand new week again and we can rest up from a busy weekend . We had a very nice but short visit from our daughter and grandson from Rye NY 

We have also been to Port Chalmers and Dunedin and after all the beautiful pictures from  @StLouisCruisers and @JazzyV  I don’t think there is much more to be seen than more sheep and more nice gorges but I will try to fine a few shots.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1660a94f1268c2a8225218e28c49ba9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2938b1b6d0e11b3cbc6c893354f5a0dc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb7b690af905739138042052956367c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.94a7e04a6a573cf25b409d58f60b2146.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7483127655374cc0fafeb17da347fe1b.jpeg

The bank was closed …….

image.thumb.jpeg.57f57c32cc7d97e108c61addaeae66f7.jpeg

Lots of places to go to …….. we even have the direction to the South Pole 

image.thumb.jpeg.69b3b91aa53e6db7b368fac959471c18.jpeg

Kids were selling their ware for a school project but  from the looks were eating most of it themselves .

image.thumb.jpeg.f2bfc81769eba3c89b189adc844e1563.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.f7a95c3c451617766f6df3babb618cf8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e1e2f723042965c8c7ead936c6f8c378.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cf9ed4a454843a87d44950baa5df0445.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.36c07432b4fe721e5103647629c444ce.jpeg

It was a very nice day and we enjoyed the Train ride 

Have a great week everybody !

Tony 😁
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

It's a drizzly day here, I'm hoping to get outside later in the afternoon if the rain stops.  Otherwise it's a day of laundry catch-up.  I see that a small (luckily) tree fell on my next-door neighbor's fence.  Thankfully the tree was skinny and small so didn't damage the fence.  And we didn't even have wind...the Cottonwoods are such a menace here.

Both DD and DS worked in the food service industry while in high school and college.  DH's 2 sisters and a niece are all deaf.  The only comic books I ever liked were Little Lulu and Archie!  I like the quote, will pass on the meal, red wine and drink.  We will be in Dunedin on the Grand Australia and have a tour of the city and Larnach Castle planned.  Thank you all for the photos!

@Duck Creek Welcome to the Daily!

Vanessa @JazzyV I'm sorry you had a bad night with the pain, I hope today will be better.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Good morning from lovely Vancouver.  

Thanks for the Bon Voyage wishes, and thanks for the Daily and all contributions. So excited to be boarding the Royal Princess this afternoon.   The days in history are both important. I’m enjoying all of the Port photos 

I’ll leave you with pictures from my hotel room yesterday. I didn’t realize I was so close to the cruise terminal 

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

@ocean sounds.

Best wishes for an amazing cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Part 2

Speight Brewery, Dunedin

368-SpeightBreweryDunedin.thumb.JPG.f39baca1d90dd1e9d00695919c7566e5.JPG

370-Copperkettlesinbrewery.thumb.JPG.c4cad3e4375c92e3d3f0b1f9ae7ce23c.JPG

Taste testing

373-Tastetestingatthebrewery.thumb.JPG.4e38e2835b70d73c01277eeda67d56a4.JPG

Pipers coming to give us a sendoff

376-Piperscomingtogiveusasendoff.thumb.JPG.1ca92ed6b7454fe48d814683fad279aa.JPG

378.thumb.JPG.e911975f22d34654708c3003782b5829.JPG

Wood chips on the dock

382-WoodchipsonDunedindock.thumb.JPG.d59eca80df8fae41cc0af7992f09e51c.JPG

Port Chalmers Flagstaff Point

383-PortChalmersFlagstaffPoint.thumb.JPG.7c88d711ef95b4fc71ef5120cb46aa53.JPG

Scenery as we leave

390.thumb.JPG.471b6a8c0c8978768e316c9dcd24d099.JPG

Flowers in bloom

392.thumb.JPG.222810ceca771f4aafa58888e8469781.JPG

Otago Peninsula, Dunedin

Head Gun fortifications

394-OtagoPeninsulaTaiaroaHeadGunFortifications.thumb.JPG.16f1ea727b7391aa78852315829fe6a8.JPG

Royal Albatross Centre

396.thumb.JPG.d2255a9559d9fd7c063922fbb8b5c5fd.JPG

396a-OtagoPeninsulaTaiaroaHeadRareAlbatross.thumb.JPG.51cf2736a6cbe108837504906a07b5ec.JPG

399.thumb.JPG.371cd73f9d5cb5b56fe233d57f4693b6.JPG

Nice photos Vanessa.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Hi Bob.

As a confectionery territory/ business development sales manager for over 35 years I have always had plenty of chocolate and sugar confectionery samples.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Bob.

As a confectionery territory/ business development sales manager for over 35 years I have always had plenty of chocolate and sugar confectionery samples.

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please send me samples at:

Mr. RedneckBob

Aaron Slick Circle

Pumpkin Crick, FL. 99999

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy central Texas.  It's 87F but feels like 93F, and they are now predicting a high of 90F with a 50% chance of rain in about 30 minutes.  However, looking at the future cast radar, there are no rain clouds within 100+ miles in any direction.  Who knows, since afternoon thunderstorms can pop up anywhere at any time.  We could us the rain.

The house is clean (for a while 😁), and the first load of towels has been folded and put away.  Just waiting for the second load to dry.

I have enjoyed all the pictures of today's port and of other ports.  If I try to thank everyone individually, I know I'd forget someone.

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.    

@ocean sounds Bon Voyage!  🛳️🍾

@lindaler  Bon Voyage!   I hope you have much more fun than Grand South America.  Your itinerary looks wonderful.  

Thanks for the daily reports @richwmn.  Thanks for our Daily Care and Celebrations reports @JazzyV.   Prayers for the entire family of baby Murphy, @smitty34877 and your family at this sad time.   Prayers for everyone on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.  

We were happy that there was little rain during the game but sad for the lackadaisical play by the Ravens relying too much on Justin Tucker to bail out their offense.  We made up for the loss with a crab cake dinner at Papa's.  Today is a day with a long visit over coffee with my friend that introduced me to HA.  Then lunch with friends from my Master Gardener Days.  Then we head to the big jewelry shop to pick up all our watches that had battery changes.  They are the best and only $15 a watch.  Then the seafood store for MD crab meat and large Gulf shrimp.   Finally dinner with long time friends at an Italian restaurant.   I will be absent tomorrow as we start our drive home, I don't know if we will stretch it out or go in one day. 

@StLouisCruisersthank you for the lovely photos of Dunedin.  We drove down a street in Olinda, Brazil that was claimed to be the steepest, Mercy Street.  It appeared a little steeper than the one in Dunedin.    

Have a lovely day everyone.  Nancy

In lieu of Tofu, crab cakes. 

IMG_20230924_172145200.jpg

Nancy, I hope you have a safe trip home.  Please don't push yourselves to go further than is safe in one day.

6 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Monday. Made it!  
DH worked 3 days on gathering, printing, redacting acct numbers, scanning and making PDF files of all our financial statements plus more history that the retirement community needs. He emailed 18 files last night!  
And miracles do happen….  the trust lawyer sent us her draft yesterday. She’s coming this afternoon. It’s not perfect but now we are confident we’ll have a new much simplified trust in place soon and can send the draft to the retirement community for approval. They need all this because once we’re approved they commit to caring for us for life even if we exhaust our funds.  DH has run many modeling analyses to give us confidence that we can afford this decision so we are moving ahead!  It’s expensive but not as bad as many places we looked at. And much more active, vibrant. I shied away from the place much closer to the grandkids that I called Shady Rest!  I am trusting it’ll all be good!  “When we pray for guidance and seek out the experts, then we can trust that the path that unfolds will be good!” That’s where I’m at!  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, love the Dunedin pix. Loved being there. We did similar tour but included out to the Albatross rookery.  That was from the ship that got us to NZ from Sydney. Then we drove almost everywhere in NZ for 25 days. Went back to Dunedin and the rookery on Christmas Day 2013!  NZ is magnificent and has the most compassionate people in the world IMHO. 

@Cruzin TerriTerri, I’m so excited for your Italy trip!  In Venice we do music!  There are Vivaldi concerts nightly in small venues, ticket hawkers on the streets. Of course there’s everything else there too. In Florence my favorite place is the Hard Rock Museum of magnificent inlaid rock artwork of tables, plaques, floors you name it. They are so 3D looking its mind boggling. Some name like Dura Petra. I’ll look it up!  Lorenzo Di Medici sponsored the art of inlay. 

I too was a food service worker in college. 🫡. Couldn’t do it now, it’s hard work!  

Blessings to @Cruzin TerriTerri and DH for their appts. And all in need of healing, comfort (Terry and family), hope or guidance. All the Care list. 
Cheers to all celebrating, reminding us how Good Life Is. 
Safe and fun travels to all away!  So many lucky cruisers!  Now and coming fast! Wonderful lists @JazzyVVanessa, many thanks.
So happy for you Roy that you’ll be able to keep you plan. I’ve loved following so many of your adventures!  

@ottahand7 sorry the game ended the way it did Nancy and the weather was yucky but good for you to make it happen. 

@Vict0riannGood luck to your friends planning an NCL cruise. I’m sure it’ll be grand. Glad my comments help a bit. I have to say we were very impressed with their service!  

Later, gotta go look stuff up!  m—

Maureen, it sounds like you both are working hard to get things lined up for the move

6 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning everyone. It is slightly cooler today.  I have my doors open and it is still below 80.  I thought I had remembered everything but then this morning I remembered about lanyards for the room card. I bought a package for the SA cruise and only used two out of the 10. So my project for today is to remember where I put the package of lanyards. At my age that may be an all day job. I am sure I put them somewhere logical and safe but finding that place will be a challenge. 

Linda, I hope you found the lanyards.  I have quit putting things in a safe place that I'll remember.  I also tell DH where I put them, and then, neither of us can remember where they are.  There is one thing I put in a safe place several years ago that is still in the safe place -- wherever that is.

5 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a very cloudy day at the beach

Havent posted in a few days but have read the posts. It has been busy here with "just life". All is well.

We were in Dundedin jus before Christmas last year. It was cold and raining. However we bundled up and off we went. Great town. We took the ships shuttle into town and just explored on our own. Many excursions were cancelled due to the weather.  Wonderful welcoming people. I bought a nice pair of gloves for myself and DD. Havent needed them since. I needed a few supplies for DD and a veery nice shopkeeper called a new store which was not open yet and they let me in ! 

Will post pictures after water aerobics.

Charlene

Charlene, when we've been in New Zealand, we've found the people to be very friendly and helpful.  One gentleman told us the difference between the Kiwis and the Aussies was the Kiwis are more civilized.  😉  For all our Aussie Dailyites please remember, he said it, I didn't.  🤣

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Bon Voyage to our departing Dailyites. Safe travels for those heading home or to ships. Prayers for our friends and family in need.

Whew, we had one heck of a storm last night. Lenda all the rain came through our area. Several towns had tennis ball hail, baseball hail, and luckily we had quarter size hail. The girls met at our pool for a 7 pm cocktail and swim when we were kicked out by admin due to thunder. So we walked to my house and played cards and had drinks when the wind and hail started. The hail was hitting our front glass door so hard it was scary. It was over by 9 and I drove the girls home on Elvis. 

One of my closest friends is an interpreter for the deaf.

I worked as a waitress and I enjoyed it. It got me out of the house with 4 boys wrestling and watching sports all the time.

image.png.cbd4620eb8674c11ce4623a56558ac87.png

Today we have our covid shots and out for lunch. The weather will still be in the 90's for the foreseeable future. I think the nasty black crickets are slowly leaving. Texas sure has a variety of bugs! Friday I was watering our plants and got 7 fire ant bites. They are in the blister stage now and sure looks nasty and hurts like the Dickens. 

image.png.1a5a53f25e336045b1000557a5e86f4f.png

Have a great week. Blessings to each and every one!

Joy, I would have liked the rain last night, but not the hail.  I'm glad everyone was safe.  Just since I started this post, the radar has changed to show a small area of rain headed our way.🤞

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I have great respect for all food service workers - their jobs aren't easy, and aren't always appreciated.  It's appropriate that we have World Deaf Day after having Sign Language Day.  I haven't read a comic book in ages, but have you looked at the prices of them lately?  Yikes!  

A lovely looking morning already, although I've noticed the sun is getting up later every morning.  We're sitting at a +9 (48) and are expecting a great day of sunshine and very light breezes, hoping to top out at 25 (77) which is quite respectable for this time of year.  Yesterday I spent some time digging plants out of pots and putting them into the compost bin - some of which were looking incredibly raggy.  DH spent the time downstairs in the spare rooms going through bags, boxes, etc., to make room for the plants that will over-winter indoors.  Oh lordy, who knew we had so much stuff?  It's amazing how large Rubbermaid tubs can hide things.  As a result, later this morning the back of our Ford Escape will be filled with bags and boxes filled with everything from bubble machines to clothing and shoes that we'll be dropping off at Salvation Army for them to distribute or sell.  It was hard saying goodbye to the little step-stools and the travel booster seat we had for our grandsons, but they've outgrown them, so there's no point in keeping them any longer.  Might as well let someone else get use from them.

@ocean sounds Bon Voyage; enjoy your cruise!

I'm going to give the drink of the day a pass, would like to try the wine, and if I was to make the menu suggestion, would include beef or chicken instead of the tofu.  We bought some really good bacon the other day, so DH has asked if we can have toasted bacon/tomato sandwiches for dinner tonight.  How easy is that?  Looks like we'll be enjoying sandwiches and crudites on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I wonder if our DHs were communicating today.  DH requested BLTs for supper tonight.  We'll add some potato chips with our sandwiches.  Even going through some or our stored items every few years, I'm always amazed at what we have kept.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  We worked on the tree yesterday, for two hours, I cut, DH bagged.  We are out of bags. And we ran out of energy.  I took a shower and noticed my left arm looked sunburned.  But how can that be? I wore long sleeves.  It's a reaction to the pneumonia jab I got on Friday.

On the agenda today, grocery shopping, the cats are out of food.  I work from 1 to 11, but at the rate we are  moving today it might be 2-11  (with breaks). 

00e39c3e52d032e44625637b9622d2a4.jpg

1jmncg.jpg

Annie, I'm sorry about the reaction to the pneumonia shot, but good work on getting more of the tree cut and bagged.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute food service workers who work so hard. My only experience was working in a small restaurant on the boardwalk at the Jersey shore, summers after my junior and senior years in high school. I'll salute the dear community; there's a nearby school for the deaf, which helps with integration into society. I used to collect Star Trek comic books. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal (tofu) and drink and take the wine. I have been to Dunedin on my first ever HAL cruise on the Statendam. Important days in history.

We're stuck with highs on only about 65F here, and occasional showers all week. I had another bad night. Not only my leg pain, but the right side of my back felt like the sacroiliitis I had 9 years ago. I did take a larger dose of ibuprofen this morning. I'm waiting to hear back from the Rheumatology office.

@grapau27 I hope you feel ok today after your flu shot. I understand your not being able to share your travels beforehand. When we were staying with a friend in Germany, we had to remember to shut the windows, as if there was a burglary and windows had been open, insurance would not have paid.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sure DS will be tired today after that long trip back home. Thanks for the Dunedin photos. Safe travels tomorrow.

@Cruzin Terri I hope DH's appointment goes well, and that you find some furnishings you like for the house. I'm glad you're feeling better. I know you want to, but don't be too hasty in decreasing your prednisone as that could trigger a re-flare (my unasked for 2-cents).

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for you and the family. Take-out sounds like a good idea.

@dfish Pretty flower and scenery.

@ottahand7 Enjoy your day, and safe travels home tomorrow. Sorry the Ravens lost, but they are archrivals to my Steelers, lol. 

@rafinmd Thanks for the NZ photos, especially with @erewhon.

@RMLincoln It sounds like things are moving along smoothly for you. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you had another bad night, and about the added back pain.  I hope you can get some answers from the doctor soon.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Vanessa.

Slight headache but not tired like I was on Saturday after my booster vaccine jab on Friday.

It might be different in the US but here an ex insurance loss adjuster said they look at a lot of social media of people who make claims for burglary and if the people had broadcast they were away insurance would not pay out.

Graham, I hope the headache is gone by now.  What the insurance adjuster told you makes sense.  I only mention cruises we're taking on the Daily and on roll calls.  We don't give our last name, and generally only the state(s) where we live on the roll calls.  I rarely post anything on FB and definitely not travel plans.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

I decided to do laundry this morning so I wouldn't have so much to do when we get home.  Then we picked a good Texas barbecue place for lunch called Hutchins Barbecue and it was top notch!  The meats, sides, sauces and even dessert (peach cobbler) were outstanding.  

Then we stopped at Toyota Stadium to see if the gift shop was open and it wasn't on Mondays.  Maybe another visit we will go in there.  Then we went through an open gate and I took some photos of the field.  The first photo doesn't even show the full length of the front of the building but I didn't want to back myself into the street for a panoramic type photo. 🤕 This will have to do!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

That's where the professional league team played Saturday night.  Very nice facilities.  Dinner tonight is supposed to be rotisserie chicken if we're even hungry, but Ren has to eat so I guess that is what it will be.  Then one more sleep and home tomorrow afternoon.🏡

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a partly cloudy central Texas.  It's 87F but feels like 93F, and they are now predicting a high of 90F with a 50% chance of rain in about 30 minutes.  However, looking at the future cast radar, there are no rain clouds within 100+ miles in any direction.  Who knows, since afternoon thunderstorms can pop up anywhere at any time.  We could us the rain.

The house is clean (for a while 😁), and the first load of towels has been folded and put away.  Just waiting for the second load to dry.

I have enjoyed all the pictures of today's port and of other ports.  If I try to thank everyone individually, I know I'd forget someone.

Nancy, I hope you have a safe trip home.  Please don't push yourselves to go further than is safe in one day.

Maureen, it sounds like you both are working hard to get things lined up for the move

Linda, I hope you found the lanyards.  I have quit putting things in a safe place that I'll remember.  I also tell DH where I put them, and then, neither of us can remember where they are.  There is one thing I put in a safe place several years ago that is still in the safe place -- wherever that is.

Charlene, when we've been in New Zealand, we've found the people to be very friendly and helpful.  One gentleman told us the difference between the Kiwis and the Aussies was the Kiwis are more civilized.  😉  For all our Aussie Dailyites please remember, he said it, I didn't.  🤣

Joy, I would have liked the rain last night, but not the hail.  I'm glad everyone was safe.  Just since I started this post, the radar has changed to show a small area of rain headed our way.🤞

Gerry, I wonder if our DHs were communicating today.  DH requested BLTs for supper tonight.  We'll add some potato chips with our sandwiches.  Even going through some or our stored items every few years, I'm always amazed at what we have kept.

Annie, I'm sorry about the reaction to the pneumonia shot, but good work on getting more of the tree cut and bagged.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you had another bad night, and about the added back pain.  I hope you can get some answers from the doctor soon.

Graham, I hope the headache is gone by now.  What the insurance adjuster told you makes sense.  I only mention cruises we're taking on the Daily and on roll calls.  We don't give our last name, and generally only the state(s) where we live on the roll calls.  I rarely post anything on FB and definitely not travel plans.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

I Took Paracetamol and drank lots of fluid today and feel okay.

I only post on CC but anyone can read our comments anonymously without even being a member so best to be careful.

I think the site you mentioned is the main one insurance loss adjusters look at.

• Like 12

@lindalerand @Quartzsite Cruiser, I finally got clever and started a list in the back of my planner (electronic would probably be even more clever!) Where Stuff Is. All I have to do is remember to write it down!  🤣

I also keep a travel-specific list of How Long Does It Last, so I can plan relative to the usual sizes of stuff we use. I found it handy for the upcoming long trip for things like hair products and other cosmetics. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

As I really expected, the rain disappeared (again) before it reached us.  Now we have more sun than clouds.  The only thing predictable about Texas weather is that it is unpredictable.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I decided to do laundry this morning so I wouldn't have so much to do when we get home.  Then we picked a good Texas barbecue place for lunch called Hutchins Barbecue and it was top notch!  The meats, sides, sauces and even dessert (peach cobbler) were outstanding.  

Then we stopped at Toyota Stadium to see if the gift shop was open and it wasn't on Mondays.  Maybe another visit we will go in there.  Then we went through an open gate and I took some photos of the field.  The first photo doesn't even show the full length of the front of the building but I didn't want to back myself into the street for a panoramic type photo. 🤕 This will have to do!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

That's where the professional league team played Saturday night.  Very nice facilities.  Dinner tonight is supposed to be rotisserie chicken if we're even hungry, but Ren has to eat so I guess that is what it will be.  Then one more sleep and home tomorrow afternoon.🏡

Sandi, thanks for the pictures of Toyota Stadium.  Until you mentioned that Ren was interested in joining the Dallas FC team, I didn't even know there was FC Dallas.  We don't follow soccer, and I'm not sure I've heard the club mentioned on the local sports during the local news.  That is a very fancy stadium.  

Since we both have early mornings tomorrow, I want to wish you and Dennis a safe flight and travel home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

I Took Paracetamol and drank lots of fluid today and feel okay.

I only post on CC but anyone can read our comments anonymously without even being a member so best to be careful.

I think the site you mentioned is the main one insurance loss adjusters look at.

I'm glad you are feeling better.  It's interesting about anyone being able to read comments on CC.  For several years, it's said you could read the roll calls but had to sign in to post on them.  When I tried to check on roll calls without signing in, I was always blocked.  I'm still careful on what I say on CC about trips.  And I never mention trips, cruises or really anything very personal on the other site when I do make a very infrequent post on it.

31 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@lindalerand @Quartzsite Cruiser, I finally got clever and started a list in the back of my planner (electronic would probably be even more clever!) Where Stuff Is. All I have to do is remember to write it down!  🤣

I also keep a travel-specific list of How Long Does It Last, so I can plan relative to the usual sizes of stuff we use. I found it handy for the upcoming long trip for things like hair products and other cosmetics. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'd probably forget to write the hiding place down or forget to check the list.  I just try to put things in obvious places now.  🤣

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

Looks like our rainy season has started here in the Pacific NW.  Back to wearing trousers and long sleeved shirts.  

A few years ago we stopped our subscription to the local newspaper.  Seems that when people notified their carrier that they were going to be gone for awhile he would notify his friend the house thief which house would be empty.

Ray

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

We got our flu and rsv shots last week and covid shots this morning. So far no pain. Went to lunch and I had sea bass. The restaurant knows I'm allergic to garlic. I was promised the butter sauce had no garlic but oh yeah it did. Came home with a swollen throat and blistered lips. The manager felt horrible and promised a spectacular dinner on our next visit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

Well, the doctor visit went well.  He wants DH to see a neurologist for evaluation.  I think that is a good idea and DH was amenable to it.  So that worked out okay.

We then went to lunch at a favorite seafood place in Port Royal right on the Broad River.  Good food and great scenery.  Had a window table with a water view.  And we have left overs for tomorrow night.  

Finally we stopped at the furniture store where we bought our living room furniture.  We found a lovely rug to put under the ottoman.  i also found two lovely fun rugs to put on each side of our bed.  Both of those will be ordered and delivered when we return from our trip to Italy.  But the piece de resiistance were the two lamps we bought for our living room that fit perfectly with the furniture.  And those we brought home and are already gracing our living room.

@smitty34877thank you for echoing the same advice as @JazzyV.  I messaged the Doctor and he feels I have to reduce the dosage more slowly than my schedule.  While I am in a hurry, he is not and feels that a slower approach will help to keep the inflammation down.  So i will follow his advice to the letter.  Thank you both for your sage advice.

Terri

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As I really expected, the rain disappeared (again) before it reached us.  Now we have more sun than clouds.  The only thing predictable about Texas weather is that it is unpredictable.

Sandi, thanks for the pictures of Toyota Stadium.  Until you mentioned that Ren was interested in joining the Dallas FC team, I didn't even know there was FC Dallas.  We don't follow soccer, and I'm not sure I've heard the club mentioned on the local sports during the local news.  That is a very fancy stadium.  

Since we both have early mornings tomorrow, I want to wish you and Dennis a safe flight and travel home tomorrow.

I'm glad you are feeling better.  It's interesting about anyone being able to read comments on CC.  For several years, it's said you could read the roll calls but had to sign in to post on them.  When I tried to check on roll calls without signing in, I was always blocked.  I'm still careful on what I say on CC about trips.  And I never mention trips, cruises or really anything very personal on the other site when I do make a very infrequent post on it.

Thanks for the tip.  I'd probably forget to write the hiding place down or forget to check the list.  I just try to put things in obvious places now.  🤣

Lenda

Thank you Lenda, and safe travels to you as well this week. 

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Looks like our rainy season has started here in the Pacific NW.  Back to wearing trousers and long sleeved shirts.  

A few years ago we stopped our subscription to the local newspaper.  Seems that when people notified their carrier that they were going to be gone for awhile he would notify his friend the house thief which house would be empty.

Ray

What a rotten thing to do to his customers!  I can’t blame you for cancelling your subscription. 

49 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We got our flu and rsv shots last week and covid shots this morning. So far no pain. Went to lunch and I had sea bass. The restaurant knows I'm allergic to garlic. I was promised the butter sauce had no garlic but oh yeah it did. Came home with a swollen throat and blistered lips. The manager felt horrible and promised a spectacular dinner on our next visit. 

I’m so sorry to hear about your lunch mishap. Hope you’re feeling better by now. 

16 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, the doctor visit went well.  He wants DH to see a neurologist for evaluation.  I think that is a good idea and DH was amenable to it.  So that worked out okay.

We then went to lunch at a favorite seafood place in Port Royal right on the Broad River.  Good food and great scenery.  Had a window table with a water view.  And we have left overs for tomorrow night.  

Finally we stopped at the furniture store where we bought our living room furniture.  We found a lovely rug to put under the ottoman.  i also found two lovely fun rugs to put on each side of our bed.  Both of those will be ordered and delivered when we return from our trip to Italy.  But the piece de resiistance were the two lamps we bought for our living room that fit perfectly with the furniture.  And those we brought home and are already gracing our living room.

@smitty34877thank you for echoing the same advice as @JazzyV.  I messaged the Doctor and he feels I have to reduce the dosage more slowly than my schedule.  While I am in a hurry, he is not and feels that a slower approach will help to keep the inflammation down.  So i will follow his advice to the letter.  Thank you both for your sage advice.

Terri

Sounds like a good day for you all in all.  Finally something to enjoy about your home!  

DS says while at DFW airport last night he ran into Colton and his Colorado team heading back home, too. He and Colton took a selfie together to send to Colton’s parents, Alan and Sandra. All the parents are extremely close from the Tigers and Jaguar years. Unfortunately neither of Colton’s parents are able to quit working to live with Colton in Colorado. So he is living with a host family instead. I’m sure they miss each other a lot!  One reason Alan and/or Sandra try to fly or drive to as many games as possible. 

• Like 17