The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 26th, 2023

richwmn

Today is European Day of Languages, Johnny Appleseed Day, and Family Day

What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.

Meal Suggestion for today - Sheet Pan Lamb Chops
Drink of the Day - Dirty Martini
Wine of the Day - 2021 Arabella reserve Viognier
Destination of the Day - Freeport, Bahamas

Today in History:
1580 Francis Drake completes circumnavigation of the world, sailing into Plymouth aboard the 'Golden Hind'
1688 City council of Amsterdam votes to support Prince William of Orange's invasion of England, which became known as 'The Glorious Revolution' in the Netherlands

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Alaska 0700-1600,1800-2200

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2200

Nieuw Statendam

Istanbul, Turkey 0700[+1]1600

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2030

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy embark[+1]d1700

Rotterdam

Rostock, Germany 0700-2200

Volendam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 09-27

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2100

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island eta 09-27

Zuiderdam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 1100-1800

0926Alaska.thumb.jpg.78a1b0d76170c548cb2cf88afd75c069.jpg

0926Atlantic.thumb.jpg.b3e345fd9f8c81d261b13dbea6010408.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 18

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Hopefully the rain is done and today will be a nice day.  I ordered our set of tests this morning, they should ship on 10/2.  It’s an in office day with plenty of meetings scheduled.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.323e1a9aa2cdb3a5bb3c2b6e22e0013a.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 17

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another nice day in the forecast - a sunny 21°C (70°F).  I did some gardening yesterday,  the weeds are ahead of me.  I plan on planting garlic this afternoon.

A wonderful collection of days.  I wish I spoke more languages.  I love apples.  I love my family.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'll pass on the drink but hope I'll like the wine.

I was in Freeport many, many years ago, I don't think I have any pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

• Like 29

Good morning from a partly cloudy,windy 55°F North East England.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

There are a wide range of different languages in Europe and today is an appreciation of this.

If someone is kind enough to praise me or give me a gift I will always thank them and hopefully they have the good manners to thank me if I give them a gift or praise them.

This thread is unique on cc imo because nearly all of us like each others posts and thank each other for the fleet reports,food, beverage,lists, photos and general information.

We have not been to Freeport but have been to Nassau and Coco cay in the Bahamas a few times on Royal Caribbean ships.

Lamb chops are delicious.

I hope everyone is safe and well and happy.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, and Debbie.  I certainly like all 3 of today's days although I am terrible at languages. 

I like the quote even without a source.

I've been to Freeport at least twice but have no burning desire to go back.

Two interesting days in our history. 

The lamb chops sound interesting.  My alternative is Strawberry Bisque, Boston Lager Flat Iron Steak, and Pineapple Crisp as served on MS Oosterdam September 26, 2017:

dishes26.jpg

Roy

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Dirty Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 1/2 ounces gin or vodka
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
1/2 ounce olive brine
Garnish: 2 to 4 olives
Steps
Add the gin or vodka, vermouth and olive brine to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a skewer of olives.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 6.56.09 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

I don't have photo's but Freeport was the destination of our first cruise in 1969.  We left Miami and had deck chairs for the cruise over. Stayed 2 nights and cruised back.  Don't remember the name of the hotel we stayed in Freeport but in Miami it was the Dolphin.  A real dump.  The cost was a special deal because of a radio station in Cleveland.

• Like 27
  • Haha 3

Good morning!  Today’s quote was posted on the Daily Motivator on Thanksgiving 1996 by Ralph Marston.  I find the passage immediately following the quote important too.  

Look at the things that are right with your life. Be grateful for what you have. Nurture the good things in your life. Appreciate them, and they will grow. Your life will become more abundant, the more you focus on abundance.

And spread it around. Express your gratitude with a “thank you” or an act of kindness toward another person. You’ll find that your life grows more abundant, the more you share it with others.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie & Vanessa.

Good collection of days especially European Day of languages & family 👍. Yum on lamb - looking forward to the recipes and a Viognier wine - pretty sure it will be white 🤞 

Like @rafinmd I too have no burning desire to return to Freeport 😉. I really like today’s quote - so true.

IMG_1194.jpeg.ad93a78c714fa80b3eace0f0000388bf.jpeg

Well, I thought I had everything done roll call wise.  HAL just put a kink in that changing our venue for our M&G.  I have a big stack of invites to amend somehow 😡 So, my “to do” list just got longer instead of shorter.  Oh well.

IMG_1195.jpeg.07f9f2afd2a31a7c72330e589e166354.jpeg

Another nice day and another frost warning - WTH?  If I want my bulbs to dry they are still going to have to back out for today.  

IMG_1196.thumb.jpeg.11bb08cb6f2106b4027ae01d160350ba.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1197.jpeg.0a2e987279eb8a1307164be04d882da0.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

• Like 28
  • Haha 15

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

1Angelcat’s church member Stephanie with leg fractures & surgery 9/28

Safe travels to Quartzsite Cruiser & DH to Dallas for tests

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis, onboard Jewel of the Seas

Tbay’s DH recovering from pneumonia

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Smitty34877 grieving the loss of her DD DH Lou

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Safe trip home StLouisCruisers and ottahand7

Cruzin Terri feeling better

Vict0riann and Heartgrove booking new cruises

Norseh2o’s upcoming 2-week trip

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from the hospital, post-surgery for brain bleed

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Rafinmd (Queen Mary 2/Crystal Serenity Sept 29 to Oct 13) NE, CA/Quebec City to NY

4 days for Cruzn single (Zuiderdam Sept 30 to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast)

4 days for Ichiban Nekko (Zuiderdam Sept 30 to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast)

4 days for WannaSea (Koningsdam Sept 30 to Oct 7, AK Inside Passage)

5 days for Nickelpenny (Noordam Oct 1 to Oct 8, Wine Country & PNW)

5 days for Live4cruises (Westerdam Oct 1 to 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector)

6 days for Lindaler (Volendam Oct 2 to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa to Sept 24, British Isles + 2 days in Copenhagen), Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas to Sept 28, Canada and Greenland), Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia to Sept 29, B2B, NY/Canada/NE), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), tupper10 (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada), ocean sounds (Royal Princess to Oct 2, Vancouver to Honolulu), Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic) and Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 17

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

3 days for Rafinmd (Queen Mary 2/Crystal Serenity Sept 29 to Oct 13) NE, CA/Quebec City to NY

5 days for Live4cruises (Westerdam Oct 1 to 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector)

Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa to Sept 24, British Isles + 2 days in Copenhagen), Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas to Sept 28, Canada and Greenland), Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia to Sept 29, B2B, NY/Canada/NE), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), tupper10 (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada), ocean sounds (Royal Princess to Oct 2, Vancouver to Honolulu), Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic) and Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities)

Thank you for today's list's Vanessa.

Wow to all those ready to cruise.

I hope everyone has an amazing cruise.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 22

Good morning friends!  Preparing to leave for the airport now and see many are up and about. Just want to say Freeport is a first time port so there are no links today. I have not been there but have seen other ports in the Bahamas. Isn’t Freeport a dry dock port?  Sounds like I haven’t missed much!  

I’ll talk to you all later!  Bye!

• Like 32

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Preparing to leave for the airport now and see many are up and about. Just want to say Freeport is a first time port so there are no links today. I have not been there but have seen other ports in the Bahamas. Isn’t Freeport a dry dock port?  Sounds like I haven’t missed much!  

I’ll talk to you all later!  Bye!

Safe travels, Sandi.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another lovely morning, following last night’s intense storms. Bindi was not happy. 

Vanessa, thank you for making sure we all know what is happening with each other. I admit I laughed when I saw my car on the list. I have wanted a plug-in hybrid for months, so I guess getting my act together & doing it is cause for a mini-celebration. 😎 Class, Bindi visits her vet, Bindi walks, chores & possibly some pool time.

I need to replenish my supply of memes….

IMG_1773.jpeg.7e3e0c3117d40eddc19cf62fae51526a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, you & your family continue to be in my thoughts every day. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Hope we each have a reason to smile at least once every day!

2021 Arabella reserve Viognier

I have enjoyed this South African Viognier. Fruity, but not sweet. Medium bodied. Delicious on its own, or with a meal. Sadly, it is only available through the Naked Wines club. Lots of consumers love this one. If you are a member of the club, this one will costs $13.99.

Distributor Notes: Lavish South African white

This mouth-filling white is rich with flavors like ripe apricot, juicy peach and delicate ginger that linger longingly until the next succulent sip.

Your support helped Stephen and Jaime hand harvest Vigonier from a 16-year-old vineyard. From their farmer perspective, it’s ideal for ripening and optimal flavors. The soils are well-draining (loamy clay and lime). And the vines are planted to the southeast and northwest, to ensure the sun warms the grapes just right.

This decadent Reserve Viognier is the perfect cool-weather white – perfect for dishes like roasted chicken or turkey and creamy, spicy curry dishes – delish.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

Good morning,

They never made it for over seeding yesterday. We will see what today brings. The weather looks nice for the whole week so no excuses there. I am sore from swimming yesterday. I will take a walk today instead. I need to ease into this slowly. 

Thanks to everyone who makes this thread possible. It is a lot of work for those who give us our recipes etc. 

Happy cruising and Bon Voyage for those who are leaving soon. Have a great day. 

• Like 31

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Dirty Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 1/2 ounces gin or vodka
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
1/2 ounce olive brine
Garnish: 2 to 4 olives
Steps
Add the gin or vodka, vermouth and olive brine to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a skewer of olives.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 6.56.09 AM.png

Since this is a dirty drink could you please pour mine through a filter. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Johnny Appleseed Day. After he planted the apple trees and the first apples appeared, it rained real hard and the apples cried cause their peelings were hurt. 😀.

Back in Alabama I did not grow up with any Appleseeds but did grow up with a family of Turnipseeds. No joke.

First visited Freeport in 1978. This was my first real snorkel experience outside the bathtub and ran into a small shark. Did not go back in the water for years!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 23
  • Haha 6

Good Morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Great group of days - I wish I knew more languages.  Seem to have bits and pieces of several. I used to be able to triage patients in Arabic, read, to some extent, medical Chinese and speak it ok enough to get into a taxi and go somewhere.  My Dad never taught us Spanish but I can speak some and understand a tad more.  Took German at one time so that I could speak it when I went to the '72 Olympics - which never materialized!!  (another story).  I used to joke I know 5 languages - American English, UK English, Aussie English, Pigeon English, and my English!!

Lovely quote to live by.  The lamb sounds absolutely wonderful and I enjoy dirty Martinis.  Pass on the wine (white) and never been to Freeport. Great days in history!

Boy, Mondays must be an absolute nightmare for teachers.  In all of my classes yesterday the kids were really squirly; I actually had to call the front office to come and get one student who just refused to tell me his name, follow directions - just downright defiant.  Today I have high schoolers (computer science and yearbook) so it will be an easy day.  My backpack is packed and locked; all I need to do is to throw in any last minutes stuff today and I am ready to leave tomorrow to catch my 0600 flight.  

Thoughts for all of those on the care list and cheers to all of us celebrating, sailing and getting ready to sail!!

image.jpeg.8c95f0efd191d3484b682decbbad1129.jpeg

IMG_1049.thumb.JPG.dbc7fc44b5ae36ada864870c9da82112.JPGIMG_1047.JPG.348a60161ad6fdcd243595c1c2e5aef1.JPG

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 20
  • Haha 16

Good morning. Currently 75 and lite rain. I have a dental cleaning this morning so maybe I can get a walk in later today but it will be in high eighties. In case some of you missed my late post yesterday free Covid test (4) are now being offered in the USA.

@kazu Can’t you just put a couple of heavy blankets over your bulbs and leave outdoors overnight?

Thanks for the Fleet Report and featured post. Have a great day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.fefafb27751820cb8dfb8dc8dbeec52d.jpegimage.jpeg.123d16c677808a0a1c40ebef60623462.jpegimage.jpeg.24e82ed7a60052d72eebdd58d111ec0a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e82b16d8f683ab5ead46bb5beb517883.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8d59b096b7a36d1dbdd139d30eb8b4e.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Haha 23

8 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Great group of days - I wish I knew more languages.  Seem to have bits and pieces of several. I used to be able to triage patients in Arabic, read, to some extent, medical Chinese and speak it ok enough to get into a taxi and go somewhere.  My Dad never taught us Spanish but I can speak some and understand a tad more.  Took German at one time so that I could speak it when I went to the '72 Olympics - which never materialized!!  (another story).  I used to joke I know 5 languages - American English, UK English, Aussie English, Pigeon English, and my English!!

Lovely quote to live by.  The lamb sounds absolutely wonderful and I enjoy dirty Martinis.  Pass on the wine (white) and never been to Freeport. Great days in history!

Boy, Mondays must be an absolute nightmare for teachers.  In all of my classes yesterday the kids were really squirly; I actually had to call the front office to come and get one student who just refused to tell me his name, follow directions - just downright defiant.  Today I have high schoolers (computer science and yearbook) so it will be an easy day.  My backpack is packed and locked; all I need to do is to throw in any last minutes stuff today and I am ready to leave tomorrow to catch my 0600 flight.  

Thoughts for all of those on the care list and cheers to all of us celebrating, sailing and getting ready to sail!!

IMG_1049.thumb.JPG.dbc7fc44b5ae36ada864870c9da82112.JPGIMG_1047.JPG.348a60161ad6fdcd243595c1c2e5aef1.JPG

ThorBob, you found my great great great….grandfather.  I was named after his red beard.

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

Good morning from a clear central Texas.  It is 71F and feels like 71F.  The humidity is 95% with a dew point of 69F, so the humidity should drop as it warms up today.  Our high today should be about 92F with no real chance of rain.  The forecast for Dallas is the same, so @StLouisCruisers Sandi and her DH should have no problems at DFW as far as the weather is concerned.  Wishing them a safe flight to Atlanta and drive home.  Since the first appointment in Dallas today is at 11:15 am we can leave a bit later and hopefully miss the worst of the traffic.

Today there are three good days to celebrate.  I wish I was better at learning other languages, but I know only a little Spanish.  That and the Latin I took in college helps some in Europe to translate signs.  Johnny Appleseed and Family Day are important.  

I like today's quote and the following paragraph that Tina @0106 provided.  I am remiss in not thanking all the regular contributors to the Daily often, especially Rich @richwmn, Ann @cat shepard, Dixie @summer slope, Debbie @dfish, Vanessa @JazzyV, and @StLouisCruisers Sandi for their special contributions.  I am honored to be part of this family on CC.  Everyone here was a life line during the Covid lockdown and getting back to normal, and a safe place the past two years with DH's surgeries.  Hopefully, Thursday's procedure will to the final hurdle.  I'll celebrate my family and my Daily family not only today, but everyday.

The lamb chops sound good, but DH is not a fan, so we'll pass.  I'll get my lamb chops on a BHB.  We'll also pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Freeport, only Nassau and a couple of private islands including Half Moon Cay.

Two important days in history to celebrate.

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Sorry about the lack of attribution for the quote. It appears to have come from

Since 1995, Ralph Marston has written and published The Daily Motivator

Rich, thanks for letting us know who provided today's quote.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie & Vanessa.

Good collection of days especially European Day of languages & family 👍. Yum on lamb - looking forward to the recipes and a Viognier wine - pretty sure it will be white 🤞 

Like @rafinmd I too have no burning desire to return to Freeport 😉. I really like today’s quote - so true.

IMG_1194.jpeg.ad93a78c714fa80b3eace0f0000388bf.jpeg

Well, I thought I had everything done roll call wise.  HAL just put a kink in that changing our venue for our M&G.  I have a big stack of invites to amend somehow 😡 So, my “to do” list just got longer instead of shorter.  Oh well.

IMG_1195.jpeg.07f9f2afd2a31a7c72330e589e166354.jpeg

Another nice day and another frost warning - WTH?  If I want my bulbs to dry they are still going to have to back out for today.  

IMG_1196.thumb.jpeg.11bb08cb6f2106b4027ae01d160350ba.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1197.jpeg.0a2e987279eb8a1307164be04d882da0.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Jacqui, I hope this is the last time you need to make changes for your upcoming cruise.  I hope you get the bulbs out to dry and back inside safely.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Vanessa, thank you for including us on the Lists today.

16 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

They never made it for over seeding yesterday. We will see what today brings. The weather looks nice for the whole week so no excuses there. I am sore from swimming yesterday. I will take a walk today instead. I need to ease into this slowly. 

Thanks to everyone who makes this thread possible. It is a lot of work for those who give us our recipes etc. 

Happy cruising and Bon Voyage for those who are leaving soon. Have a great day. 

Lorraine, I'm sorry the yard guys didn't show up yesterday.  Hopefully, they'll get the over seeding done today.

7 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Safe travels tomorrow, Penny.  I loved the Texas meme.

375761971_769920901810396_1287843551922212225_n.thumb.jpg.3148cefde77bcda5bb44e0504a6e900d.jpg

378143919_1913032919097605_7439288733272528509_n.jpg.4933f985da87b7a1a972964bbe5c8ad6.jpg

380744407_755923023004703_7963729074049393774_n.jpg.6d698e9c98b379d4311ee376a706c060.jpg

380943303_861414312018412_3832326477193598698_n.jpg.4913580b20c7557df868ffd9679cc1ac.jpg

381002015_7736725669678114_4600324283536265692_n.thumb.jpg.6d133a2d5d58cabdde06a4690715cd55.jpg

382421786_856608992693995_1454646606673625510_n.thumb.jpg.d3f8b2fb809dfaed5cab90e74545cba9.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 22