The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 27th, 2023

richwmn

Today is World Tourism Day, National Voter Registration Day, and National Day of Forgiveness

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.--Theodore Roosevelt

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach and Tomato Vegetarian Lasagna
Drink of the Day - Blue Martini
Wine of the Day - 2021 Arabella Chenin blanc
Destination of the Day - Dakar, Senegal

Today in History:
1908 Henry Ford's first Ford Model T automobile leaves the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan
1066 William the Conqueror's troops set sail from Normandy to conquer England

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Statendam

Istanbul, Turkey Overnight

Noordam

Sitka, Alaska 1200-2100

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy Overnight

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Riga, Latvia eta 09-28

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1800

Zuiderdam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1700

0927Alaska.thumb.jpg.f29b2572fb3d5a852ec988236fab5dd5.jpg

0927Atlantic.thumb.jpg.67d953f8bab8ba30d1b4445087702d17.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 18

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Safe flights Ichiban Nekko and Nickelpenny

1Angelcat’s church member Stephanie with leg fractures & surgery 9/28

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with bronchitis, onboard Jewel of the Seas

Tbay’s DH recovering from pneumonia

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine

From the Rotation:

Smitty34877 grieving the loss of her DD DH Lou

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia, passed on 9/26

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Tana with pulmonary issues, needing more oxygen

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary cruising-along (Carolyn & Henry)!

Welcome Home Heartgrove!

Cruzin Terri feeling better

RMLincoln getting an apartment in a new community

Norseh2o’s upcoming 2-week trip

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from the hospital

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Rafinmd (Queen Mary 2/Crystal Serenity Sept 29 to Oct 13) NE, CA/Quebec City to NY

3 days for Cruzn single (Zuiderdam Sept 30 to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast)

3 days for Ichiban Nekko (Zuiderdam Sept 30 to Oct 10, The Atlantic Coast)

3 days for WannaSea (Koningsdam Sept 30 to Oct 7, AK Inside Passage)

4 days for Nickelpenny (Noordam Oct 1 to Oct 8, Wine Country & PNW)

4 days for Live4cruises (Westerdam Oct 1 to 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector)

5 days for Lindaler (Volendam Oct 2 to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas to Sept 28, Canada and Greenland), Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia to Sept 29, B2B, NY/Canada/NE), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), tupper10 (Noordam to Oct 1, Great Alaskan Explorer), Oceansaway17 (Celebrity Summit Oct 2, Boston, Maine & Canada), ocean sounds (Royal Princess to Oct 2, Vancouver to Honolulu), Vmax1700 (Rotterdam to Oct 7, Jewels of the Baltic) and Mr. Boston (Oosterdam to Oct 8, Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Good very early morning to All and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a perpetual tourist and gladly celebrate the day, everyone should register to vote and I try hard to forgive and then forget.  Great quote!!  The dish sounds wonderful and a blue martini!!  Pass on the wine and never been to Senegal.  Great days in history.

Well, I am about 30 minutes away from heading off to the airport.  Eight hours of flying but I am looking forward to this.

Thoughts for all on the care list and Yes, I am celebrating and cheers to those also celebrating and/or cruising.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 32

Blue Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Island Punch Schnapps
1 part Pinnacle® Citrus Vodka
1/2 part Sour Mix

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist (optional).

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 6.43.37 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 17

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Arrived back home last night after a long day of travel. Sam was happy to see us although he really enjoys the lady that sits with him. She loves him as well! We tried to get back on schedule by staying up in the evening. I finally crasjhed at 9:30 pm (3:30 am in Copenhagen) but then suffered jet lag in the opposite direction! I have been awake since 2:00 am, then finally got up at 3:00 am! It will take a day or two to get back on track. Never had this before.

Things to do today are: return the one-way rental car this morning; get gas for the tractor and mow the grass; and get my phone checked out regarding the Sim card problem. We might just get ne phones as well. Considering an I-Phone this time so that we can get Airtags. Never mentioned it before but 2 of 3 suitcases were late arriving to our staterooms on embarkation day.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Back home in Georgia it is 65F with a high of 76 later today and mostly cloudy skies with a bit of wind.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report this morning.

Today we have important days to celebrate.  World tourism is a big part of many country's economies.  Voter registration is encouraged for any civic minded citizen.  Forgiveness is not easy but sometimes you have to forgive to move on.  Doesn't mean you have to forget!!  I like the Roosevelt quote.  I would accept a vegetarian lasagna if necessary. 😋  Not thanks to a blue martini but I would try the chenin blanc.  Cheers to Henry Ford introducing the first model T automobile.  Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their F&B reports today.

Prayers for all on Vanessa's Care list today.  My condolences to Jacqui's @kazu BFF on the loss of her DH.  Prayers for the family and friends. 🙏 May all who are ill find better health very soon.  Also we hope for no damage to the UK as Agnes approaches.  Congrats to all the cruisers and those celebrating happy events!🥂🎉  The number of cruisers here seems to be at an all time high!🚢  Enjoy yourselves!  You can forget all the work of packing and planning for departure very soon.  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists updated for us.

The port of the day is Dakar, Senegal.  It was also port of the day Oct. 11, 2021 and March 6, 2022.  I visited there on the Prinsendam so will repost my photos for you.  Here are the links for you.

Hoping you all have a great last Wednesday in September.  Stay safe and well!

The 2018 Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise on the Prinsendam included a stop in Dakar, Senegal.  Because we had been in Banjul, The Gambia the day before Senegal's stop, we were required to have a Yellow Fever shot (unless your doctor prohibited it due to any health conditions you had).  If the stops had been reversed the shot wouldn't have been required.  But that would have used more fuel to back track so HAL planned it the way they did.

Dakar seemed to have a lot more infrastructure than Banjul, but I can't say we enjoyed it more.  It didn't feel safe to us at all.  There were people tracking us and getting in our personal space as soon as we stepped off the shuttle to a downtown area.  We were afraid someone would distract us while another would try to pickpocket us so we were on guard the entire time.  We walked around a town square and would have headed to a market a couple blocks away if they hadn't been right in our faces trying to sell us "stuff".  Therefore we headed back to the shuttle drop-off/pickup area and got back on the shuttle.  It was quite a disappointment. 

One person on the shuttle had asked to get off on our way to the drop-off spot downtown so he could get transportation to Goree Island all alone.  Several passengers and the driver tried to talk him out of it but he insisted.  😲

This is the dock area in Dakar.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQL29LWlwke_EKeqY5iB3c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126057

The buses for a few tours.  The cars parked above were covered in dirt and filth and looked like they'd been there a while.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJI6RKcjxSxGF-LjPiRkDwN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126046

This was on our way to downtown, and right about where the man asked to be let out of the shuttle bus.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSFtMaX2IxjUoiIXOLwFVK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126081

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbzE6xW5kIjRjyeyL6kHTd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126094

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVITO8sh9vxeti_vUtvonYTp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126113

This billboard was about an ex-mayor of Dakar who was imprisoned and the people felt he was unjustly held.  He was later pardoned by the president of Senegal. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcWP1c_CeoOqFftM1d_a7Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126127

This is the "park" where we were dropped off our shuttle.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxfQ7fO0HncXOEkq2fdHSQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126129

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyThrgeRoyb4SmV2SwuUnr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083691

"Salespersons" heading our way with their wares.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9rMi10_uq7S9aAX_UA-s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083686

If they would have kept their distance we would have been fine.  A foot away is not good!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIPoqDLRVONmAnkiUguRA3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083693

This looked like auto repair going on right on the street next to this gas station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvWXzRM8roR3_eyXcuFRBj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126157

Heading back to our home for 54 days, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL69ztgXurJykRPOVyPjmf8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126157

If, like us, you don't feel safe with people crowding around you and trying to stop you from proceeding, then I would advise a guided tour in Dakar.  I know I wouldn't try it unaccompanied again.  I'm sure there were some nice things to see and experience there, but not by us that day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Happy Hump Day!

I trimmed some shrubs yesterday and I have the scratches on my arms to prove it.  I also have 4 bags of stuff to take to the compost site.  I planted a row of garlic too.

Three good days, I'll celebrate them all.

I like the quote.

I'm sure the meal will be good.  I'm sure I'll like the drink and wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good very early morning to All and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a perpetual tourist and gladly celebrate the day, everyone should register to vote and I try hard to forgive and then forget.  Great quote!!  The dish sounds wonderful and a blue martini!!  Pass on the wine and never been to Senegal.  Great days in history.

Well, I am about 30 minutes away from heading off to the airport.  Eight hours of flying but I am looking forward to this.

Thoughts for all on the care list and Yes, I am celebrating and cheers to those also celebrating and/or cruising.

Have a great day everyone!!

Have a great cruise, Penny! 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Good collection of days especially day of forgiveness. I like Roosevelt’s quote.  Nice to see a white wine today.  Two significant days in history worthy of note, for sure.

Well I don’t see any frost here.  We do have a micro climate here (great until the snow flies and we get dumped on)  so I am going to most likely ignore tonight’s frost warning.  Way too early for all these frost warnings.

IMG_0913.thumb.jpeg.e3012568402a6e7af08fce3eb29f1bae.jpeg

Lots to do - how much is accomplished remains to be seen with recent developments and how I feel.

IMG_1100.thumb.jpeg.a8527b0310cf69d0f1a0e67a6ca65b8b.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_7382.thumb.jpeg.c5617f929906c039be7854c3a075df32.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday all.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Safe & smooth travels, Penny.  Have a great cruise! 

Happy anniversary @Cruising-along

IMG_5961.gif.d88be13869589580642aa73cb4cc03bf.gif

14 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Considering an I-Phone this time so that we can get Airtags. Never mentioned it before but 2 of 3 suitcases were late arriving to our staterooms on embarkation day.

Welcome home!  Hope you can adjust back to this time quickly 🤞 I highly recommend AirTags, Jack.  They have proven their value to me, already.

Sorry to hear about your suitcases 😔

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

It is cloudy and 58°F with a storm Agnes expected later.

We have had a nice morning driving along the seafront and stopping for an ice cream and now we have just had a snack overlooking the sea.

Thank you for all of the daily reports,food and beverage, photos and lists.

World forgiveness would be awesome if only countries would make it happen.

Interesting quote.

I hope everyone is well.

IMG_20230927_091548.jpg

16958130119351741366581058488436.jpg

• Like 32

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another wild night of storms here, though at least this time Bindi got in her bedtime walk in a light mist. Cloudy this morning. Too dark to see if it is just a marine layer. 

Vanessa, thank you for doing everything needed to pull together such meticulous lists! Pedicure, Bindi walks, chores, HIIT, pool time, and if not too humid, I will get to clean out the last cabinet in the garage.  Then I can reorganize. 

IMG_1776.jpeg.6bf50c1760e2d8f44e80c29ba934154b.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpeg.f10d8489f5c56ecb6377ec4c75bcf05c.jpeg

IMG_1775.jpeg.e0c10f0cc13b377bf36251ad53ca385c.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, keeping you and your extended family in my prayers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Hope we each find a reason to smile today!

2021 Arabella Chenin blanc

Another Naked Eine entry, though this one is also available from other distributors. It is a dry, crisp, medium bodied Chenin blanc that is lovely on its own or with food. A very reasonable $9.99 for Naked Wines club members, though our Canadian Dailyites can get it online from other distributors with prices starting at 9.65. Canadian dollars. 

Distributor notes

Bright and lively - a fruity thirst-quencher

This crisp white wine is a smooth and easy-sipping South African refresher swimming in refined tropical flavors of juicy guava with a silky smoothness. We suggest you keep a bottle in your fridge 24/7.

Chenin Blanc is easily South Africa’s most famous grape, and thanks to your funding, Stephen and his son Jamie were able to source exquisite fruit to bring you this stunning example of their homeland’s most-loved white wine.    

This Angel-favorite Chenin is seriously delectable on its own, but if you're looking for a snack... you can't go wrong with a plate of Camembert cheese!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Back home in Georgia it is 65F with a high of 76 later today and mostly cloudy skies with a bit of wind.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report this morning.

Today we have important days to celebrate.  World tourism is a big part of many country's economies.  Voter registration is encouraged for any civic minded citizen.  Forgiveness is not easy but sometimes you have to forgive to move on.  Doesn't mean you have to forget!!  I like the Roosevelt quote.  I would accept a vegetarian lasagna if necessary. 😋  Not thanks to a blue martini but I would try the chenin blanc.  Cheers to Henry Ford introducing the first model T automobile.  Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their F&B reports today.

Prayers for all on Vanessa's Care list today.  My condolences to Jacqui's @kazu BFF on the loss of her DH.  Prayers for the family and friends. 🙏 May all who are ill find better health very soon.  Also we hope for no damage to the UK as Agnes approaches.  Congrats to all the cruisers and those celebrating happy events!🥂🎉  The number of cruisers here seems to be at an all time high!🚢  Enjoy yourselves!  You can forget all the work of packing and planning for departure very soon.  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists updated for us.

The port of the day is Dakar, Senegal.  It was also port of the day Oct. 11, 2021 and March 6, 2022.  I visited there on the Prinsendam so will repost my photos for you.  Here are the links for you.

Hoping you all have a great last Wednesday in September.  Stay safe and well!

The 2018 Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise on the Prinsendam included a stop in Dakar, Senegal.  Because we had been in Banjul, The Gambia the day before Senegal's stop, we were required to have a Yellow Fever shot (unless your doctor prohibited it due to any health conditions you had).  If the stops had been reversed the shot wouldn't have been required.  But that would have used more fuel to back track so HAL planned it the way they did.

Dakar seemed to have a lot more infrastructure than Banjul, but I can't say we enjoyed it more.  It didn't feel safe to us at all.  There were people tracking us and getting in our personal space as soon as we stepped off the shuttle to a downtown area.  We were afraid someone would distract us while another would try to pickpocket us so we were on guard the entire time.  We walked around a town square and would have headed to a market a couple blocks away if they hadn't been right in our faces trying to sell us "stuff".  Therefore we headed back to the shuttle drop-off/pickup area and got back on the shuttle.  It was quite a disappointment. 

One person on the shuttle had asked to get off on our way to the drop-off spot downtown so he could get transportation to Goree Island all alone.  Several passengers and the driver tried to talk him out of it but he insisted.  😲

This is the dock area in Dakar.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQL29LWlwke_EKeqY5iB3c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126057

The buses for a few tours.  The cars parked above were covered in dirt and filth and looked like they'd been there a while.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJI6RKcjxSxGF-LjPiRkDwN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126046

This was on our way to downtown, and right about where the man asked to be let out of the shuttle bus.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSFtMaX2IxjUoiIXOLwFVK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126081

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbzE6xW5kIjRjyeyL6kHTd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126094

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVITO8sh9vxeti_vUtvonYTp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126113

This billboard was about an ex-mayor of Dakar who was imprisoned and the people felt he was unjustly held.  He was later pardoned by the president of Senegal. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcWP1c_CeoOqFftM1d_a7Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126127

This is the "park" where we were dropped off our shuttle.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxfQ7fO0HncXOEkq2fdHSQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126129

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyThrgeRoyb4SmV2SwuUnr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083691

"Salespersons" heading our way with their wares.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9rMi10_uq7S9aAX_UA-s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083686

If they would have kept their distance we would have been fine.  A foot away is not good!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIPoqDLRVONmAnkiUguRA3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083693

This looked like auto repair going on right on the street next to this gas station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvWXzRM8roR3_eyXcuFRBj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126157

Heading back to our home for 54 days, the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL69ztgXurJykRPOVyPjmf8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526126157

If, like us, you don't feel safe with people crowding around you and trying to stop you from proceeding, then I would advise a guided tour in Dakar.  I know I wouldn't try it unaccompanied again.  I'm sure there were some nice things to see and experience there, but not by us that day.

Thank you Sandi for your photos and advice on Dakar.

Storm Agnes is expected this afternoon so 🤞

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@Cruising-along  Happy Anniversary! ❤️🍾

We are getting ready to leave our hotel outside of Toledo.  About three hours or so we will be home from our road trip.  Have a great day. Nancy 

My massive veal chop I had for Monday dinner. I never would have ordered it if I knew the size. 

FB_IMG_1695770582213.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Happy Wednesday everyone. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

The sun is coming out today! First on the agenda will be to take Fancy for a run in the park (she runs, me not so much). She has energy to burn after being stuck in the house for the past four days due to rain. After that I will be working from home today. 

The meal and drink of the day sound delicious. 

Happy anniversary to @Cruising-along

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Meme Creator - Funny Happy Wednesday, Meowwwmi! Have a purrrrfect day ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann, and Debbie for the Hump Day reports. 

3 great days to celebrate, Forgiveness, Tourism, and especially Voter Registration.

Happy anniversary @Cruising-along.  Welcome home @Heartgrove.  Safe travels @Nickelpenny,

I love the Roosevelt quote.  I was scheduled to visit Dakar on MS Amsterdam in 2014 but it was cancelled due to Ebola.

The Model T started a real revolution in travel.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Apricot Soup, Rosemary Roast Chicken, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Oosterdam September 27, 2017.

dishes27.jpg

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Welcome home!  Hope you can adjust back to this time quickly 🤞 I highly recommend AirTags, Jack.  They have proven their value to me, already.

Sorry to hear about your suitcases 😔

The late bags were DSIL and mine. I had purchased new cruise luggage tag holder with the cable loop  to go on the suitcase handle. Previously for seven years we have used the ones with the plastic loop. I thought that these might be better. Sue's bag came to the stateroom with just the tag - no cable!  We had gone to dinner, by this time sailing down the Elbe, and came back to find they had arrived. Phew!!!

The Hamburg Steinwerder cruise terminal is one of the nicest, and very well organized. MSC's disembarkation (at least on this cruise) was one of the easiest. Less than ten minutes and we were from the ship and in the cab.

• Like 26