Infinity refurbish?

Macdl

46 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

So, this will be dry docked BEFORE our 3/2024 Israel cruise? We have 3 retreat cabins so very curious to what updates will be made.

Very little…I contacted Celebrity direct. The dry dock is routine maintenance and they are rebranding the old family verandas as suites so I assume they will receive some upgrading of furnishings. We have the PH booked for our cruise and not expecting it to be upgraded. I specifically asked about whether or not a sun deck would be fitted and was told a firm ‘no’. 

On the positive side, most reviews on the Infinity say she is in good shape. I am expecting her to be a bit like me…Past her best and having a few wrinkles but still elegant and good fun to spend time with…

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

I’m not expecting X to put a lot of money into the Infinity or Connie due to their age and RCG’s current debt load. I think they will turn their attention to updating the entire S class. 

Probably Not updating the S class because all of X’s investment is in New Edge class ships.

The M and S class ships should last till my sell by date has come and gone.

• Like 1

This ship needs a full refurb or she needs to be sold.....IMHO she is on her last legs.  Terrible internet, mediocre air conditioning and stains on much of the furniture etc.  She would have to have the most Amazing itinerary for me to consider her again......This refurb will be short for maintenance issues I am told as well. 

4 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

This ship needs a full refurb or she needs to be sold.....IMHO she is on her last legs.  Terrible internet, mediocre air conditioning and stains on much of the furniture etc.  She would have to have the most Amazing itinerary for me to consider her again......This refurb will be short for maintenance issues I am told as well. 

Internet is bad, 100% agree.
However, when we sailed on her in July we were surprised that she´s still in such fine shape.
Except for the less modern M class decor, we found nothing to fault.

Edited by Miaminice

We  would not go back to this ship..  On our last cruise on her (AQ Class)   a few yrs ago our cabin had mold in shower and on shower curtain... bleach was not much help . Our A/C failed more than once..in our cabin and hallway.  There was a  sewer back up in a  cabin  down the hall from us..blowers going all day to dry wet carpet.

Oddly we sailed on her for a Pacific Coastal..before that had no cabin issues! 

Too big a gamble as to what the cabin will be like..

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Most likely if and when she and/or the Connie are scheduled for a full renovation, they will most likely NOT mirror the Millie and Summit.  Those were 5-year-old pre-Covid designs under the old leadership

People just can't understand that the Revolutionizing of remaining M and S ships is on indefinite hold and will not be done in the near term and most likely never. As long as Celebrity can sail these older ships at near full capacity, they have no reason or incentive to spend any more money on them. Do not confuse a 14 day routine dry docking with a full Revolutionizing refurb which pre covid took 4 - 5 weeks to complete.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1