Israel Conflict - Suez Canal

gordylad

British Airways has suspended flights to Israel after turning back one of its planes shortly before landing, due to security concerns.

Flight BA165 is returning to Heathrow after nearly reaching Tel Aviv on Wednesday, BA said.

A spokesperson for Israel's airports authority said rockets were flying around Tel Aviv at the time but were not an immediate threat to the flight.

Virgin Atlantic also suspended flights to the city on Wednesday.

A BA spokesman said safety was the airline's "highest priority".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gordylad said:

British Airways has suspended flights to Israel after turning back one of its planes shortly before landing, due to security concerns.

Flight BA165 is returning to Heathrow after nearly reaching Tel Aviv on Wednesday, BA said.

A spokesperson for Israel's airports authority said rockets were flying around Tel Aviv at the time but were not an immediate threat to the flight.

Virgin Atlantic also suspended flights to the city on Wednesday.

A BA spokesman said safety was the airline's "highest priority".

The iron dome is working overtime today....I expect most if not all non essential flights are cancelled.

On 10/7/2023 at 3:29 PM, Saab4444 said:

Suez Canal is in Egypt, far away from the conflict and not an issue at the moment. If the Suez Canal would close the World‘s economy will indeed have bigger problems than interruption of some cruises..

Port Said, the northern exit from the Suez Canal is about 100 miles from the western edge of Gaza.  That being said, who would be attacking the Canal?  Israel, who depends on a lot of commerce with India (via the canal), and who is not looking to anger their Western allies, nor draw Egypt into the conflict? Or Hamas, who doesn't want to anger their Arab ally Egypt, by disrupting their economy?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As a planet, we just went through a very turbulent virus period, thanks to Covid.

I was already getting concerned about the war Russia-Ukraine.

Now the Middle-East, which has the potential to be explosive taking into account, religions, factions, and governments involved in front and behind the scene...

I am very concerned about people living in the affected areas and wondering, how far/how long this turbulent period of war will spread.

Sadly, there is way too much hatred on our beautiful spaceship called Earth. We definitely don't need this type of development!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dateacher said:

skirmish?  I think not and already we are past 6 days and just getting started.

I 100% understand the disappointment of a cancelled port but the ignorance of ongoing global conflicts is baffling to me.  Back on topic, let's see what happens, here's the X link to the port guide https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/aqaba-jordan