Guest Services Priority Line for 4 & 5 Star Mariners replaced by Club Orange

2LoveBikes

Guest Services Priority Line for 4 & 5 Star Mariners replaced by Club Orange.

I continue to get confusion about what used to be the priority line for 4 and 5 star Mariners.  The Orange Club sign replaced the 4 & 5 Star Mariner sign about 2 years ago and whether the personnel take care of 4 and 5 Star Mariners varies from ship to ship or management.  Some will say yeah, you can use this priority line but some don't even remember there was the 4 & 5 Star special line and ask you to join the main queue.

1. What is your interpretation of the policy?

2.  Have you experienced the same issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Guest Services Priority Line for 4 & 5 Star Mariners replaced by Club Orange.

I continue to get confusion about what used to be the priority line for 4 and 5 star Mariners.  The Orange Club sign replaced the 4 & 5 Star Mariner sign about 2 years ago and whether the personnel take care of 4 and 5 Star Mariners varies from ship to ship or management.  Some will say yeah, you can use this priority line but some don't even remember there was the 4 & 5 Star special line and ask you to join the main queue.

1. What is your interpretation of the policy?

2.  Have you experienced the same issue?

I don't know about 4-5 star Mariner lines (we are currently 3-star), but when we had a Neptune Suite on Noordam, we were told we should use the Club Orange lines.

37 minutes ago, sciencewonk said:

I don't know about 4-5 star Mariner lines (we are currently 3-star), but when we had a Neptune Suite on Noordam, we were told we should use the Club Orange lines.

Actually the concierges in The Neptune Lounge take care of you so there is no reason for any line… or for going to guest services at all. I wonder why you were told to go there and use the Club Orange line. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Moriah said:

Actually the concierges in The Neptune Lounge take care of you so there is no reason for any line… or for going to guest services at all. I wonder why you were told to go there and use the Club Orange line. 

We used the Guest Service desk on our last cruise because the Neptune Lounge did not have the binder that showed all of the vases available for purchase.

1 hour ago, WriterOnDeck said:

In 30 years of HAL cruising I don't recall ever seeing a special line for 4 and 5 star Mariners. But other than the first and last days, there is seldom a line and it moves quickly if there is one.

Agree totally. This is exactly what we have experienced. We see the Club Orange line with no one in it 9 times out of 10.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 2

Just off the Volendam - virtually no use at all of the Club Orange priority lines onboard.  When I asked about it at the shore excursion desk, they went and got the sign from behind the area and put it out!  Same for MDR - minimal signage for Club Orange and when I went past people to get to the Club Orange podium I got some ugly looks! (of course this did not deter me).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Moriah said:

Where do you see the NL concierges pre-boarding?  We have sailed in the Neptune Suites frequently and never noticed them.  OTOH, we usually board mid-afternoon, out of choice.

IMO the sign, if there is one used, should be for 5 star and Club Orange.  

We have been 5 star and there is absolutely no reason for us to get Club Orange.

And why do they combine advantages to both 4 and 5 star now for tender usage etc.

I can understand if there are only a few 4 and 5 star passengers.  But when half the ship 

is 4 and 5 stars, 5 star she get sole preference.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Where do you see the NL concierges pre-boarding?  We have sailed in the Neptune Suites frequently and never noticed them.  OTOH, we usually board mid-afternoon, out of choice.

I'm not sure why you would look for them, or need them "pre-boarding", but you will not find them there. They work in the NEPTUNE LOUNGE (as you know, since you've sailed in the suites frequently... )

41 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

The thread is about lines at Guest Services on the ship, not pre-boarding. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Agree totally. This is exactly what we have experienced. We see the Club Orange line with no one in it 9 times out of 10.

The reason that no one is in the CO line most of the time is because the service rep in the window next to CO moves into the CO line when someone walks up.  It makes the guest in the CO line…first in line.  

• Like 1

I was automatically 4* when the Star Mariner program started, and was 'promoted' to 5* when the program was expanded. 
In all those years---and all those cruises---I have never heard of a special line for four/five star Mariners. I have always waited in line when I have gone to the Front Desk.
The only time I ever remember seeing a separate line at the Front Desk was when Club Orange started. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

The reason that no one is in the CO line most of the time is because the service rep in the window next to CO moves into the CO line when someone walks up.  It makes the guest in the CO line…first in line.  

I have never seen that happen and that is with many times standing in regular lines for 30 minutes+ watching

I never saw a 4 or 5 star line either, but then, I never really felt that I was a high priority in line anyway.  If I needed to get some euros, or dollar bills or tell them that I had a leaky cabin, I felt it was ok to stand in line like every one else.  Humble maybe, but I feel free to push forward in any situation if there is a true emergency.  Thankfully, that is not the case when I am on a cruise. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I never saw a 4 or 5 star line either, but then, I never really felt that I was a high priority in line anyway.  If I needed to get some euros, or dollar bills or tell them that I had a leaky cabin, I felt it was ok to stand in line like every one else.  Humble maybe, but I feel free to push forward in any situation if there is a true emergency.  Thankfully, that is not the case when I am on a cruise. 

7 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:
28 minutes ago, albingirl said:

One of the selling points of Club Orange is the Dedicated Priority Line at Guest Services.  Just one more “perk” to enhance this Club Orange add-on.  Neptune Suites are automatically added to some CO perks.  

Edited by oaktreerb

10 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

One of the selling points of Club Orange is the Dedicated Priority Line at Guest Services.  Just one more “perk” to enhance this Club Orange add-on.  Neptune Suites are automatically added to some CO perks.  

It just seems that 5* mariners are losing out on several perks that Club Orange has.  I’m not 5* but I still think they should be included.  Takes a lot to be 5*. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

I have never seen that happen and that is with many times standing in regular lines for 30 minutes+ watching

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I have seen this happen on several different ships.

And when done assisting the CO guest, they slide back over to assist other guests.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

36 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It just seems that 5* mariners are losing out on several perks that Club Orange has.  I’m not 5* but I still think they should be included.  Takes a lot to be 5*. 

I agree with you but there are so many 4* and above mariners that if they were included in Club Orange perks CO would be worthless.  HAL developed the CO concept as an upcharge.  In the beginning it was not very popular and CO has only become a sought after program since cruising has resumed.  I think HAL originally included Neptune Suites in the program in order to have enough people to fill the CO dining room.   

As you said, it takes a lot to become 5*.  I’m 9 cruise days away and hope to be there after my next cruise.  Most people feel like they have received the best perk when they qualify for the free laundry package at the 4* level!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I agree with you but there are so many 4* and above mariners that if they were included in Club Orange perks CO would be worthless.  HAL developed the CO concept as an upcharge.  In the beginning it was not very popular and CO has only become a sought after program since cruising has resumed.  I think HAL originally included Neptune Suites in the program in order to have enough people to fill the CO dining room.   

As you said, it takes a lot to become 5*.  I’m 9 cruise days away and hope to be there after my next cruise.  Most people feel like they have received the best perk when they qualify for the free laundry package at the 4* level!

It’s certainly a money thing for HAL with Club Orange and has become very popular, especially with the upgrade of cabin. 

We are one of those who are happy being 4* with the laundry included, especially on our 35 day cruise in February!   I’m sure we will make 5* in a year or so but honestly there’s no incentive to become one in my opinion. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It’s certainly a money thing for HAL with Club Orange and has become very popular, especially with the upgrade of cabin. 

We are one of those who are happy being 4* with the laundry included, especially on our 35 day cruise in February!   I’m sure we will make 5* in a year or so but honestly there’s no incentive to become one in my opinion. 

I quite enjoy the free laundry that 4* gets me - I've spent years paying for it. I don't really see me hitting 5* (especially not as long as I remain employed) but it's a nice dream; although, as you said, no real incentive. For me, 4* awarded me the benefits I value.

But I will continue to sail HAL and rack up the days toward 5*. If I make 5*, great; if not, I'll still enjoy every day I cruise.

• Like 10