Live from reflection, nine October 2023, have questions? Just ask.

cruisestitch

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It does not show in the cruise planner— I have had to ask every day at lunch what the nightly theme will be. And then that night at the entrance to the OVC is a sign showing the theme.

we tried asking at lunch time what the special theme was in the ovc and the waiter said crab...Needless to say we went only to find out that the theme was "crepes"....guess english dose not always work on the ships.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, retired dude said:

we tried asking at lunch time what the special theme was in the ovc and the waiter said crab...Needless to say we went only to find out that the theme was "crepes"....guess english dose not always work on the ships.

More likely an accent problem.

Wherever the crew comes from their English is far superior to my Croatian/Serbian/Indian/Ukrainian/Greek or whatever. Mind you we also have problems with American (just ask our Texan Grandson).🤣😂

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, bandp407 said:

Following along. We will be sailing on Reflection November 25th & possibly again Feb 3( final payment coming due) .  Have sailed her many times and always great. We like many are very concerned about the decline in the food quality and more limited choices. 

We are on the same November 25th sailing!

On 10/13/2023 at 8:34 AM, cruisestitch said:

So far warm and dry with calm seas.  The TA is anybody’s guess.

BTW I put this on the roll call but will add it here, a plea to stick a book or two for the library in your suitcase if you have room.  Yes I know about kindles etc but some of us like real books and if you have one or two lying around you would otherwise donate to your local charity shop, please consider bringing them to leave on board.  TIA

I left two Carl Hiaasen hardcovers in the Reflection library in January. Hope someone has been able to enjoy them. Was also thinking about tossing a couple of puzzles in my suitcase to donate to the puzzle table. I'm taking my Kindle this next cruise instead of hardcovers, so I should have a little extra wiggle room for puzzles.

• Like 1

Our final night, and the other menu choice was prime rib.  

there are 440 back-to-back guests

who will be seeing roast beef again tomorrow night ( presumably).

those who ordered it declared it delicious.

The wacky Celebrity app listed this in the appetizers.  We couldn’t figure out if they would be offering the classic cocktail sauce in a dish or a glass, would we need a fork or a straw?😵‍💫

F88FFAF2-3DC9-45AF-BAE0-62EE42151229.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

By the way, with so many back to back guests, there will apparently not be a back to back lunch tomorrow in the dining room.  At least there was no mention of one at the consecutive cruisers meeting or in any of the paperwork they gave us regarding the turnaround day..

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The wacky Celebrity app listed this in the appetizers.  We couldn’t figure out if they would be offering the classic cocktail sauce in a dish or a glass, would we need a fork or a straw?😵‍💫

As long as you can get extra horseradish to make it taste like real cocktail sauce and not spicy ketchup. 

On 10/13/2023 at 12:46 PM, cruisestitch said:

Correction!

The themed dinners in the Ocean view café are listed in the program, just not in the daily activities, but on the backside of that sheet where they have the opening hours of each venue, it does say what the theme is for the night.

I am going on Reflection 11/2 for 10 nights.  Is there any way you could use the daily and list the Ocean View Cafe themes for each night of your cruise please? We have a Specialty Dining package and want to plan accordingly.   Was the Spanish night you mentioned, your favorite?

Also, do you know if the dining package amount for Sushi on 5 is still $35.00.  I had ready earlier that may have been increased.

Thank you kindly cruisestitch for all your do.  I like to follow you!!

I will be starting a new thread for the upcoming cruise, which is the transatlantic, starting today. I will be happy to tell you the ocean view Buffet dinner theme each day.  So watch that thread.

That being said, I don’t think it will do you much good because that is a transatlantic and yours is not. So I don’t think the order of the themed buffet dinner will be at all alike on the two Cruises.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 1:08 PM, cruisestitch said:

No off menu choices offered tonight.

Our group all had spaghetti bolognese from the children’s menu!

I hope that sent a message that was noticed!!!!!

Hello! We were B2B on the Sept 30th & Oct 9th sailings and we too ordered the spaghetti bolognese from the children's menus on several nights. We have sailed on 46 cruises with (RCCL D+, Princess Elite & Celebrity Elite+) and have never been so disappointed in the food quality and selections. We always sail in a suite & dine in Luminae & also order off the MDR menu. We struggled to find something to eat due to the horrible options (i.e. Pig's Feet Carpaccio appetizer....really?) We spoke with numerous other cruisers who were also dissatisfied with the options. There were few salad appetizers & we got tired of the Cesear Salad. DH complained that the soups were watered down & no longer creamy. Also, we had read on several Reflection Live threads that the ship had some vibrations near the aft of the ship, but we weren't concerned since our cabin was mid-ship on Deck 12; however, it vibrated for 19 days straight while in port and sailing. This made it difficult to sleep & the Retreat Concierge said she would have offered us another cabin, but the sailing was sold out. DH was surprised that I booked the "Pocono Vibrating Bed" package.  A ship staff came to our cabin & could feel the vibrations in the hallway outside our cabin. He tried to make excuses, but we have never experienced vibrations lilke this. Needless to say, we will be cancelling all of our 2024 Celebrity cruises & moving on. 

On 10/15/2023 at 8:26 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

We are on the same November 25th sailing!

I left two Carl Hiaasen hardcovers in the Reflection library in January. Hope someone has been able to enjoy them. Was also thinking about tossing a couple of puzzles in my suitcase to donate to the puzzle table. I'm taking my Kindle this next cruise instead of hardcovers, so I should have a little extra wiggle room for puzzles.

Those two books are long gone.

As of this morning, our first day of the cruise, there were three books in English left in the library.  

Yesterday (boarding day) I saw people with tote bags taking six and eight and 10 books at a time. We can only hope that they will read them quickly and return them

Edited by cruisestitch

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Those two books are long gone.

As of this morning, our first day of the cruise, there were three books in English left in the library.  

Yesterday (boarding day) I saw people with tote bags taking six and eight and 10 books at a time. We can only hope that they will read them quickly and return them

I wonder if I should take an extra suitcase and 50-lbs of books on our next cruise and leave them.  That would solve the problem I usually have of figuring out how to get all my DW's gift purchases packed in out bags and not exceed the 50-pb per bag limit.  (it's an overseas cruise, in US we get two  bags of 75-lbs each on United)

• Like 1

We were on the same cruise totally enjoyed, the weather was fabulous. Agree MDR was hit and miss but can’t say food was not good we enjoyed most evening. Oceanview we always found something for lunch usually a salad so not a big deal. We did two nights speciality dining Murano and Tuscan Grill both excellent in terms of food and service. Enjoy the second leg of your cruise and safe travels.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, serene56 said:

does the activity paper have a name?   carnival has funtime    Princess has Patters=  what does celerity have 

TODAY.  It really needs a new name.  "Do you have the TODAY?"  Sometimes we call it "the daily" or the schedule or the paper.  Much prefer Funtime or Patter.

image.thumb.png.b713bd8dcd77a50051c3b57d4e8f8249.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pd7277 said:

TODAY.  It really needs a new name.  "Do you have the TODAY?"  Sometimes we call it "the daily" or the schedule or the paper.  Much prefer Funtime or Patter.

image.thumb.png.b713bd8dcd77a50051c3b57d4e8f8249.png

Doesn’t make it easy to search for 

10 minutes ago, serene56 said:

Doesn’t make it easy to search for 

neither funtime  or patter are stellar names  either. 

The CELEBRITY TODAY  is what is says..the daily schedule,  bar and restaurant info..port info..

we are still lucky to get it in print..!

14 hours ago, hcat said:

neither funtime  or patter are stellar names  either. 

The CELEBRITY TODAY  is what is says..the daily schedule,  bar and restaurant info..port info..

we are still lucky to get it in print..!

But very easy to search for past activity pages