Live from reflection, nine October 2023, have questions? Just ask.

cruisestitch

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from cruisestitch! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Upon return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

cruisestitch was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Happy to answer any questions you might have. Also on the upcoming cruise which is a transatlantic so I will be back to back. Ask away.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Happy to answer any questions you might have. Also on the upcoming cruise which is a transatlantic so I will be back to back. Ask away.

So lovely to see a live post from you. You remain one of our ‘go to’ sources for factual information…I particularly remember your list of how to spend OBC!

Looking forward to following you experience on board. It is several years now since we were on board Refection…The only real question I have is about maintenance. A few recent reviews on different ships have reported rooms and areas as being more shabby than chic…How would you rate the decoration, fixtures and soft furnishings on Reflection? Is she still in good condition?

• Like 1

What sort of room are you in?  I'm specifically interested in regular MDR dining - not a big buffet person myself, so am not interested in OV, and will not be in Aquaclass or a suite, so I'm specifically interested in MDR options/quality.    

Hope you have a nice trip!

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Have a great cruise look forward to meeting you on the TA.

Was it you who offered to try to arrange a Meet and Greet for the first sea day of the TA whilst on this cruise? If it was hope you are successful. Geoff

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may wish to take a look at this link.    @TommyD3 posted the complete 14 day rotation of new menus or the MDR.

Thanks, yes, I've been following that, but am curious how it actually is experienced from someone on the ship, more than just seeing the menus themselves.     I'm hoping that they will be adding back some more "daily specials" or other items outside of the menus to help compensate, although I recognize that is likely wishful thinking at this point!

3 hours ago, renebfl said:

I’m doing TA too.  How is the MDR or OV for the food ?

Have only had one meal so far since I just boarded it today. Dinner tonight in MDR was fine.  The number of menu choices does seem reduced, but what we chose we liked. Nearly everyone in my group had the prime rib and the portion size was generous, it was well cooked and well seasoned.  I had the mushroom soup,  and the beet and feta appetizers, then the ravioli.  No change from earlier experiences.  Service was friendly and efficient.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Have a great cruise look forward to meeting you on the TA.

Was it you who offered to try to arrange a Meet and Greet for the first sea day of the TA whilst on this cruise? If it was hope you are successful. Geoff

No, not me.

Interesting mix of activity and sales focused events. Looks like enough to be as busy or lazy as one prefers!

How is the music on board aside from any shows?  We enjoy the  groups and duos...usually located at different areas each day and evening.

First chic night.  A bit of a disappointment.  Three of us ordered the lamb and the waiter advised against it.  Celebrity used to make wonderful lamb and I’m sad to be told to avoid it.

All had the steak Diane instead.  It was ok.  Not wonderful.

57 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

First chic night.  A bit of a disappointment.  Three of us ordered the lamb and the waiter advised against it.  Celebrity used to make wonderful lamb and I’m sad to be told to avoid it.

All had the steak Diane instead.  It was ok.  Not wonderful.

quality of the meat, preparation or both?  can only  do so much if the product is inferior...

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I would say it was a bit of both. The steak was not of the highest quality I have ever eaten, it was a very thin cut of sirloin, and the sauce was just meh.

steak diane is done with choice beef tenderloin in the "good" dining spots in the states....They would never think of using sirloin for such a dish....

• Like 1

guess we will ask for more details when we order rather than  just select something that sounds good..

blew our budget at the meat store today...fortunately we limit beef and  my husb is a great chef!