Live from reflection, nine October 2023, have questions? Just ask.

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

First chic night.  A bit of a disappointment.  Three of us ordered the lamb and the waiter advised against it.  Celebrity used to make wonderful lamb and I’m sad to be told to avoid it.

All had the steak Diane instead.  It was ok.  Not wonderful.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

First chic night.  A bit of a disappointment.  Three of us ordered the lamb and the waiter advised against it.  Celebrity used to make wonderful lamb and I’m sad to be told to avoid it.

All had the steak Diane instead.  It was ok.  Not wonderful.

We had the prime rib on the first night and it was good, but the first chic night I had the lamb it was poor! Not much of a choice for a Chic night, only went in the MDR once more on both our cruises on Reflection last month! Have 4 Celebrity booked for 2024 don’t think I’ll book anymore with them, trying other brands.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, chemmo said:

So lovely to see a live post from you. You remain one of our ‘go to’ sources for factual information…I particularly remember your list of how to spend OBC!

Looking forward to following you experience on board. It is several years now since we were on board Refection…The only real question I have is about maintenance. A few recent reviews on different ships have reported rooms and areas as being more shabby than chic…How would you rate the decoration, fixtures and soft furnishings on Reflection? Is she still in good condition?

We disembarked yesterday. The ship was in good shape generally. We were on deck 8 in June and our room sofa had been recovered. Our deck 6 room this trip was still the original rust coloured sofa and looked … well just old and dated really, as were the carpets.  The curtains looked tatty, the dressing gowns were well worn. The public areas still look pretty good to me and there was the usual attention to cleaning, vacuuming etc. My biggest disappointment was the menu. Mash with everything …. and served luke warm. On one occasion actually cold! On the last evening there were 3 pasta dishes! And lots of soup on the starters. Sometimes 3 of those. Obviously as they are inexpensive options. A few night they offered ‘specials’  and the butter chicken was very good. The waiters were great. . I made a point of trying a small taster of hot food in OV every lunchtime. The only thing which was acceptably hot was fresh from the oven pizza. Lunchtime chicken dishes were using small drumsticks, not breast. Salads and bread very good. OV ice cream still delish.  All in all we had a lovely holiday. We got a good deal so no real complaints but I am not sure Celebrity should call themselves luxury nowadays. 

Edited by rivieraraver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 10/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, cruisestitch said:

Happy to answer any questions you might have. Also on the upcoming cruise which is a transatlantic so I will be back to back. Ask away.

Thanks for posting.  😊

• Like 1

I forgot to mention yesterday’s lunch in the Buffet. It was outstanding.  There was a German theme and the.grill had six types of sausages, the weisswursts were the best.  There was schnitzel and sauerkraut and spaetzle, and Apple strudel, Black Forest cake, Linzer torte.  So it get can make delicious food when they try.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, retired dude said:

steak diane is done with choice beef tenderloin in the "good" dining spots in the states....They would never think of using sirloin for such a dish....

Celebrity Steak Diane in the MDR has traditionally been Golden Corral quality sirloin. I avoid at all cost !!!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, cruisestitch said:

Happy to answer any questions you might have. Also on the upcoming cruise which is a transatlantic so I will be back to back. Ask away.

Following along. We will be sailing on Reflection November 25th & possibly again Feb 3( final payment coming due) .  Have sailed her many times and always great. We like many are very concerned about the decline in the food quality and more limited choices. 

Wishing you a great cruise and a smooth crossing! 

On 10/9/2023 at 10:30 PM, chemmo said:

So lovely to see a live post from you. You remain one of our ‘go to’ sources for factual information…I particularly remember your list of how to spend OBC!

Looking forward to following you experience on board. It is several years now since we were on board Refection…The only real question I have is about maintenance. A few recent reviews on different ships have reported rooms and areas as being more shabby than chic…How would you rate the decoration, fixtures and soft furnishings on Reflection? Is she still in good condition?

I don’t have any complaints about the soft furnishings.  I see several little maintenance issues, particularly the buttons for the handicapped restroom stall that aren’t working.  Very minor things.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bandp407 said:

We will be sailing on Reflection November 25th & possibly again Feb 3

Here's our Roll Call for Feb 3. Not very active, but maybe you will be able to get it going with what you experience getting ready for, and being aboard, your Nov 25th!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2877432-february-03-2024-reflection-abc-islands/

• Like 1

As tempting as tonight’s dinner offerings were, NOT, I decided to ditch my table mates and check out the Buffet for dinner, all in the name of Cruise Critic research,and found to my delight an entire Spanish night with really wonderful food. Spanish tortilla,  paella with seafood, probably a dozen main dishes in total, plus some special Spanish desserts in addition to the usual cakes.  It’s a bit astonishing, really.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, cocosmum said:

We're sailing April 2024 so eagerly digesting all the information!  Did they have any laundry specials during the cruise and do you remember the cost please??

The cruise started on the 9th, specials if offered are mid cruise.  Recently there have been laundry and dry cleaning specials offer in the Cruise Planner pre cruise.  You will find them under Gifts & Gear.    Since they are now bookable pre cruise the on board specials may no be offered.

We are doing 26 N and purchased a package for dry cleaning of 12 items for $35 -  much less than we would pay at home.

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

As tempting as tonight’s dinner offerings were, NOT, I decided to ditch my table mates and check out the Buffet for dinner, all in the name of Cruise Critic research,and found to my delight an entire Spanish night with really wonderful food. Spanish tortilla,  paella with seafood, probably a dozen main dishes in total, plus some special Spanish desserts in addition to the usual cakes.  It’s a bit astonishing, really.

that's great.. seems you lucked out!

wonder if we ask ahead they would tell about special  buffet menus..  for dinner, lunch or brunch!

We are just a couple of weeks off of Reflection and had a nearly perfect cruise. No concerns of any kind.

Two nights in the MDR there were off menu chef recommendations  : one night was beef wellington and the other was duck a l'orange. Every night found something to enjoy.

CD Angela is the best! So genuine and never too busy for a chat.

Ship was in excellent shape and service everywhere was up to Celebrity standards.

• Thanks 1