Celebrity Weddings at Sea

scottygirl

I was married on a RCL ship in 2008...we and our guests were boarded early, got married at port (in Miami) by an RCL officiant, had a short reception with a cake, and our non-cruising guests left the boat.  I'm not sure how it works if you actually want to do it at sea.

53 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

I was married on a RCL ship in 2008...we and our guests were boarded early, got married at port (in Miami) by an RCL officiant, had a short reception with a cake, and our non-cruising guests left the boat.  I'm not sure how it works if you actually want to do it at sea.

Miami is definitely an option.  I'm a bit frustrated with the process as Celebrity had a phone # on their site for a third party wedding planner and when I called it they said they only do Princess cruises.  

4 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Looking for information/experience with weddings on Celebrity.  Looking for small ceremony, second marriage for both of us.  Put an inquiry into Celebrity and just waiting to hear back. Would appreciate any information you have!

Here is some information that Celebrity has on file on their trade website:

Weddings, Celebrations & Events brochure

Celebrity Weddings Website

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you need to worry about dealing with Malta before you get married, you will send all your paperwork to the Celebrity Wedding department a few months before the ceremony and your marriage certificate will get mailed to you several weeks after the ceremony, this is based on my experience of getting married on the Silhouette in 2016.

We had a small ceremony in Murano and it was really nice, and the crew treated us fabulously for the rest of the cruise.

Good Luck,

Andy.

It's super pricey if one is interested in saving some cash, on the morning of your cruise, do a beach wedding with a Justice of the Peace around Miami with your bare feet in the sand which can be done for well under a grand

We met a couple who did this on a Carnival sailing, I would imagine its against most cruise lines' rules; join social media groups with your sailing and ask if anyone is a Justice of the Peace and see if they're willing to marry you for a fee on a port day when the ship is semi-empty.  The couple told us they offered to do it for free but they ended up giving them $100 anyway

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Looking for information/experience with weddings on Celebrity.  Looking for small ceremony, second marriage for both of us.  Put an inquiry into Celebrity and just waiting to hear back. Would appreciate any information you have!

I just responded to a similar request on a specific cruise (Constellation Transatlantic Nov 6, 2023). As a retired minister on that cruise I was able to volunteer my services.

Ask on the Cruise Critic board for your cruise. You never know.

• Like 1

Finally heard back from "The Wedding Experience"  I am not impressed to say the least.  Responsiveness is terrible.  Was supposed to receive a quote yesterday and still nothing.  Emailed them and got a response that they will get back to me in 3 business days.  Wedding on the beach in Miami is looking like a good idea.  But January on the beach in Miami could be hit or miss.

CONGRATS!

why not get civilly married where u live? makes it easier with the legalities

..then  invite friends on board to a pvt dinner where u  exchange personal vows.. dress up, hire ship photographer to do pics  & or a video

I recall vaguely that one of the ships had a great pvt rm where they held paired wine dinner...very plush

I'm not sure how married you are to the idea of doing a wedding on a Celebrity cruise. We got married at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica and those are super inexpensive and easy. Most all inclusives will do the wedding for free so you just have to pay for hair, makeup, and photos. 

On 10/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, Brews'n'Cruise said:

I don't think you need to worry about dealing with Malta before you get married, you will send all your paperwork to the Celebrity Wedding department a few months before the ceremony and your marriage certificate will get mailed to you several weeks after the ceremony, this is based on my experience of getting married on the Silhouette in 2016.

We had a small ceremony in Murano and it was really nice, and the crew treated us fabulously for the rest of the cruise.

Good Luck,

Andy.

10 moths ago we met a couple who were married in Blu on embarkation day!

They said the staff was great.

8 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Finally heard back from "The Wedding Experience"  I am not impressed to say the least.  Responsiveness is terrible.  Was supposed to receive a quote yesterday and still nothing.  Emailed them and got a response that they will get back to me in 3 business days.  Wedding on the beach in Miami is looking like a good idea.  But January on the beach in Miami could be hit or miss.

We got married on January 1st on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The company we used was amazing! And totally affordable and the photographer did an incredible job. 

This isn’t sponsored and I don’t get anything from them, but here’s their website. https://www.weddingbellsandseashells.com

Update if anyone cares.  Celebrity wanted $6k for a 20 minute ceremony with the captain, photographer (prints not included) and music from a CD player.  With that outrageous price and with the terrible service from The Wedding Experience we decided to cancel the cruise and get married on Kauai.  Believe it or not all in it will be less expensive and we will get a longer honeymoon! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Update if anyone cares.  Celebrity wanted $6k for a 20 minute ceremony with the captain, photographer (prints not included) and music from a CD player.  With that outrageous price and with the terrible service from The Wedding Experience we decided to cancel the cruise and get married on Kauai.  Believe it or not all in it will be less expensive and we will get a longer honeymoon! 

Thank you for the update.  $6,000 doesn't go very far on a Celebrity ship.   Kauai on the other hand, well what's not to like about that!  Sounds like an awesome idea.  I take it you are honeymooning there?  Congratulations and good luck with your destination wedding!

Just now, mahdnc said:

Thank you for the update.  $6,000 doesn't go very far on a Celebrity ship.   Kauai on the other hand, well what's not to like about that!  Sounds like an awesome idea.  I take it you are honeymooning there?  Congratulations and good luck with your destination wedding!

Spending 3 nights on Oahu and 6 nights on Kauai. So 9 nights in Hawaii versus a 5 night cruise.  Big box travel agent had great price and used Delta miles to get there. Wedding will be the second night in Kauai.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, scottygirl said:

Spending 3 nights on Oahu and 6 nights on Kauai. So 9 nights in Hawaii versus a 5 night cruise.  Big box travel agent had great price and used Delta miles to get there. Wedding will be the second night in Kauai.  

That sounds great.  My wife and I honeymooned in Hawaii but we visited several islands and only spent 3 nights in Kauai.  As you probably know, it is a beautiful island.  Very little night life but somehow I am sure you and your newly married spouse will figure out something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottygirl said:

Great idea! Best wishes all around :classic_love:

• Like 1

My daughter got married almost 10 years ago by a rabbi we paid to officiate and then sail with us in the lounge at the top of the ship on the Constellation in the evening of embarkation day and then we bought out the Tuscan Grille for dinner. We were about 45 people and it was fabulous. The TG offered the full menu and the DJ on the ship played till midnight. We did work with the wedding experience and it was on 2/27/2014 so they can probably look it up.  We paid for and they erected a beautiful chuppa with flowers and we celebrated for 4 days with our nearest and dearest

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nap3025 said:

My daughter got married almost 10 years ago by a rabbi we paid to officiate and then sail with us in the lounge at the top of the ship on the Constellation in the evening of embarkation day and then we bought out the Tuscan Grille for dinner. We were about 45 people and it was fabulous. The TG offered the full menu and the DJ on the ship played till midnight. We did work with the wedding experience and it was on 2/27/2014 so they can probably look it up.  We paid for and they erected a beautiful chuppa with flowers and we celebrated for 4 days with our nearest and dearest

A far cry from the Captain and boombox being offered to the OP.

• Like 1

I cannot imagine how much one cost versus the other, though.  You can get a whole lot for the right price.  Prices that I've seen quoted over the years have always seemed outrageous to me, especially for simple ceremonies.