120 day final payment date and higher deposits for 15 day or longer sailings

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I guess we read into that that longer cruises are seeing a high level of bail outs?

Smaller market to sell to, they take longer to sell if someone does cancel at final.  I would not necessarily read into it that the number of cancellations are higher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just found out that starting tomorrow cruises 15 days or longer will now have a 120 day final payment date and a higher deposit (unsure of amount).  Guests already booked will not see any changes to their bookings

yep - just received the following from RCL.

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

As of today, guests will now have up until 120 days prior to sailing to make their final payment for sailings that are 15 nights or greater. Additionally, there will be a higher deposit amount required, per person, for new bookings made for sailings that are 15 nights or greater after today.

Kindly note, there will be no changes to your booking and payment schedule since you booked prior to these changes.

Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Is a b2b2b (7-night cruise, each) considered a 15+ day cruise, or 3 separate cruises?  I think I know the answer (3 separate cruises) but I'd like to be sure.

Presuming each has a separate booking number, should be separate 7 nite cruises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I just did a dummy booking for the 17 night Brilliance TP and for the UK Market the deposit has increase from £150 to £430

Screenshot_20231011_182715_Chrome.jpg

Hmm, I can only imagine that's going to put a lot of people of booking. £860 deposit for two in a normal non suite cabin !!!

45 minutes ago, BND said:

There are very few cruises that are 15 days or longer, even a lot of TA's/TP's aren't more than 14.  B2B's don't figure into this as they are separate cruises unless 15 days or longer each.

My last 2 TAs (Brilliance Nov 23 & Enchantment May 24) have been 15 nighters

9 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Presuming each has a separate booking number, should be separate 7 nite cruises.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

3 separate single cruises

Yep, that's what I though.  Thanks for confirming.

I'm in Australia and got one of these emails on 9 June regarding our transpacific next April. It said the original payment schedule would be honored and no changes would be required. I then looked at my booking on the website and the date had changed from 5 January to 5 December so I called them up and they changed it back to 5 January. I have received this email again today and so far my date for final payment is 5 January but I will keep a close eye on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BND said:

There are very few cruises that are 15 days or longer, even a lot of TA's/TP's aren't more than 14.  B2B's don't figure into this as they are separate cruises unless 15 days or longer each.

50 + in the next 12 months. That ain't nothing. It might not affect you but...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BND said:

7 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

My last 2 TAs (Brilliance Nov 23 & Enchantment May 24) have been 15 nighters

My last 3 TPs have been 16-18 nighters

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

50 + in the next 12 months. That ain't nothing. It might not affect you but...

Doesn't affect the vast majority of cruisers.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a high number at all.  

BTW, 50+?  Someone else posted 11.

Edited by BND