Galveston hotels

Mermaid57

Very few have shuttles any more. Grand galvez is very nice and has one .. down to lower end scottish inn has one for $10 pp. Many have free cruise parking, and uber is around $10 ..$15 for a xl size. One way. I wouldn't pick based just on the few with a shuttle. Few and far between. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

We'll be staying at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort they informed me they have a shuttle for a small fee, if not we'll get a taxi or call Uber.  It's also close to a Kroger, restaurants and some fast food joints. 

Shuttle used to be free , very nice hotel in good location, San Luis is another upscale hotel in same area with great steak restaurant and piano bar.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Shuttle used to be free , very nice hotel in good location, San Luis is another upscale hotel in same area with great steak restaurant and piano bar.

When we lived in TX and sailed out of Galveston - we always stayed at the Hilton (5/6 times)

Close to Kroger and IHOP (both walking distance)

On check in at hotel we signed up for the earliest shuttle that was available 

There was a sign up at reception

10:00am was earliest from recollection 

Morning of departure all cars would follow shuttle bus to a parking lot behind the San Luis (all other PAX already on bus with luggage loaded)

Quick transition once all had parked up

Maybe 3-5 cars max per shuttle 

Park up and get on the bus for the port - about a 10-15m journey 

It was complimentary back then, however we would always tip driver $5 per PAX regardless.

Last time we did this was 2019

A lot may have changed, but I would stay there again if we ever sailed out of TX again.

Contrary to belief you can also book just ONE night by booking directly 

(Lots of Galveston hotels require min 2 night stay)

We do miss our TX cruises and the people 🤠 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, longhorn2004 said:

Want a reasonable place to stay and be on or near the beach, there is Town Place Suites by Marriot or the Courtyard in front of it. Terminals about 15-20 minutes away.

Sailing the Jubilee in Jan.  We're booked at the Courtyard...when do you sail?

We stayed at the Town Place Suites in Dec 2019.  It was a bit away from the port but an easy Uber ride.  We arrived the day before our cruise and walked to Jimmy's on the Pier for dinner, walked out on the pier and walked back to the hotel.  Sat around the fire pit area at the Courtyard talking with other guests in the evening.  The Courtyard & Town Place Suites share a pool, so it is a large outdoor area. The next morning, we enjoyed the breakfast that Town Place offers and took a walk down to the ocean.  It was a nice location but back then there was not a lot of places to walk for food.  I only booked it because I found a great rate online for the one-night stay.