points for loyality

george35

5 minutes ago, george35 said:

How many points does it take to move from D+ to the next level.

george35

You hit 175 pts for D+, next recognized level is pinnacle 700 pts. It takes so long I call it no mans land. Forever wandering and waiting for pinnacle. 

That said diamond + has 2 stepping stones within that level with extra perks. More amenity picks, the 340 for upgraded toiletries and solo discount. 525 next step but still called D+.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, george35 said:

How many points does it take to move from D+ to the next level.

george35

Just about every email I receive from Royal has my points and status listed and number of points needed to next level.

18 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Just about every email I receive from Royal has my points and status listed and number of points needed to next level.

DH and I used to laugh when we received emails reminding us we only needed 490 or 380 or 275 points to reach the next level.  As we have gradually gotten closer, the number finally does not seem as laughable; it now seems possible.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

DH and I used to laugh when we received emails reminding us we only needed 490 or 380 or 275 points to reach the next level.  As we have gradually gotten closer, the number finally does not seem as laughable; it now seems possible.

Yes it isn’t like they keep a secret or a big mystery!

525 points = 

1 year + 5 months + 1 week sleeping onboard in my 2F studio balcony cabin (@ $225/day = $120,000 what I booked my Jan 2024 AN trip for)

OR

5 months + 3 weeks all by myself in a Junior Suite (@$370/day = 65,000, cheapest Jr Suite I could find)

If pineapples ever get important enough to me so I'd eat in the MDR for half a year I could consider it.  But they'd better add a lot more variety to the menu.

52 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You won't live long enough to make it, unless you are 12 years old.

We made it to D in May 2018 (cruised since 2003, but with 8 lines till 2021). Made to D+ in 2022. Next cruise we will have 283. I think with at pace we will make it in another 8-10 years well before retirement.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We made it to D in May 2018 (cruised since 2003, but with 8 lines till 2021). Made to D+ in 2022. Next cruise we will have 283. I think with at pace we will make it in another 8-10 years well before 

But w/ how many suite cruises per year. ☺️  Older cruises at D+ can only dream.

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

But w/ how many suite cruises per year. ☺️  Older cruises at D+ can only dream.

We do not cruise in suites. We do cruise 5 times a year. We even cruise around holidays to maximize vacation. Disembarkation day is always my work day if not a weekend (work remotely while driving).

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

Don't cruise for points.  Cruise because you love to cruise and want to travel.

Points and status are just side effects that happen along the way.  

We do, but the points have to considered for the values of perks when comparing dollars to dollars on other cruise lines. Balcony discounts, free drinks, etc. all have a $ value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We do, but the points have to considered for the values of perks when comparing dollars to dollars on other cruise lines. Balcony discounts, free drinks, etc. all have a $ value.

Yes.. we became more loyal…

Not only because of perks, Royal offers great value … and the best collection of cruises out of Northeast year around, but perks are nice. 

23 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Don't forget - you can always marry your way in 😂

My guess is that the points and status levels will soon be diluted, making it so they're worse less and less.

That’s my plan. If my wife dies, I’m gonna hang around the diamond lounge looking for widows wearing pinnacle pins.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That’s my plan. If my wife dies, I’m gonna hang around the diamond lounge looking for widows wearing pinnacle pins.

Solid plan

Oh man that made me laugh out loud, but, C’mon brother 😂…. I know you know by now it’s called the “Crown Lounge”. Ooh.  Ahh. All in jest of course 

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I saw some blog comments. One guy posted doesnt hurt to get a balcony. He was looking for young girls. It's the older women mostly wearing them gold pins. You will sweep them off their feet. No doubt. 

• Haha 2