A good read for Christmas??

govanguy

I think it could be an interesting read regardless of you views as Celebrity CEO.   She broke many glass ceilings herself as well as broke many by hiring Women in Senior Rolls - good example is Captain Kate. 

I'll probably wait until it is out in Audiobook and available at my Library.

• Like 4

I for one will read it.  Having lived under and broken part way through the “glass ceiling” I find it interesting and enlightening to read about other women in other industries and their experiences and perspectives.  

• Like 2

Three quickie comments:

1. I think the OP's hyperlink is the longest I've seen in a long time.  Normally I'm suspicious of such long links, but I clicked on it and my computer didn't lock up on me, so I guess it's mostly harmless.
  2. The book isn't scheduled to be released until February 20, so it's not going to make a good read for Christmas for anyone - unless the OP was talking about Christmas 2024.
  3. I like reading business leader autobiographies, so I'll check out the sample for this one when it's released.  Thanks OP for calling it to our attention.

LLP got out just in time.  She got plenty of negative comments here on CC, but what President/CEO does not?  Personally I would rather have LLP in the job.  She at least had vision and a respect for the uniqueness of the Celebrity distinction and product.  Bringing in the ban counter president from RCCL and putting her in charge has resulted in Celebrity quickly turning into RCCL.

• Like 1

The Royal Group made 2 mistakes in my opinion, though, obviously, it was done purposely. Both are the same. Putting a bean counter in charge of the group. I mean Jason Liberty, and putting a bean counter in charge of Celebrity. Bean counters don't care about customer's experience, just how to save money. A far cry from Richard Fain and LLP, who really cared about their customers.

The long link just reflects the linkages used to get to the one that showed up (like clicking on an email link, or a link from another site). You can get rid of those for copying and posting elsewhere by going back one step, and opening the link you want in a new tab. Here is a shortened link:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/lisa-lutoff-perlos-book-making-waves-available-pre-order

• Thanks 1