The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 24th, 2023

richwmn

Good day and thanks all! 
@Overhead Fred happy birthday! 
@Seasick Sailor happy anniversary! 
@smitty34877 so sorry to hear Tana is not well, I too hope you can find some more normalcy and calm soon.  Good news on the oil cleanup. 
@kazuwelcome home, sorry that it was such a mess and now another loss for you! Hugs. 
@dfish hope you can get an early date for your tests and surgery! 
@JazzyVi am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain! 
@cruising sisterhope you recover quickly from your shots, good news on the stress test. 
@Cruzin Terriglad you got an appointment!  Always best to see your own doctor.  

@aliaschief Bon Voyage!  Thanks for sharing your wonderful Montreal experience,  I think it’s time for another visit!  
@Haljo1935safe travels tomorrow ! 

Hoping @ger_77is safe and sound, we’ve had nasty weather here.  

I’m just waiting for our new mattress to be delivered.  
A talented artist painted one of DH’s photos! 

IMG_4897.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

@aliaschief Thanks, Bruce for the pictures of your cabin.  We are booked on her sister ship, Sojourn for 33 days this February, so they are very useful.  I have a dining question:  We usually do fixed, early dining on HAL or Princess.  Is there such a thing on your ship or do you just wander in to one of the dining areas whenever you want to?  I noticed my TA had requested anytime dining for us and wonder if I should change it.

Ray

• Like 11

Good afternoon all, it was a beautiful sunny day today and tomorrow is even warmer. The forecast for Saturday is near 80. I may use the grill again.

Being a good Pennsylvania Dutch person, I have to say Sweet Lebanon bologna is my choice. Lebanon bologna is a smoked meat made with beef and spices and sweet bologna has sugar added. You can google Seltzers Bologna for a better explanation.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Go Phillies🤞

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

We had an absolutely gorgeous day today, so much so that I took my bike out. We have a safe trail not far from us. I was able to ride 8 kilometres which isn’t a lot except I haven’t been on the bike since early summer. I picked up a used step thru bike in May for an incredible deal and it is easy to ride. Just need to do it more often.

IMG_0203.jpeg

• Like 22

58 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

@aliaschief Thanks, Bruce for the pictures of your cabin.  We are booked on her sister ship, Sojourn for 33 days this February, so they are very useful.  I have a dining question:  We usually do fixed, early dining on HAL or Princess.  Is there such a thing on your ship or do you just wander in to one of the dining areas whenever you want to?  I noticed my TA had requested anytime dining for us and wonder if I should change it.

Ray

There are no fixed times it’s open seating from 7-9 PM. Later then Hal so some may have an issue with later dining. Met the entertainers tonight at sail away. Wow! Very talented. I’ll take individual quality entertainers every day over mega ship productions. Check out many You Tube streams on your ship. B.
So far very impressed and I’m sure you will be. Get what you pay for.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13

My son and I enjoyed his vaca here and he said it helped his leg. We spent several days in the Sedona/Cottonwood area doing the typical tourist thing. He flew home to Tulsa Sunday afternoon.

I had the triple vaccinations on 9/29, Covid and Flu in my left arm; RSV in the right arm. Only reaction was soreness in the arm from the RSV. 

Last night I was unable to sleep and felt like I was coming down with a severe cold so this morning I tested and sure enough I am positive for Covid. Dr. is calling in a Rx for Paxlovid. I have to quarantine until 5 days after my symptoms are gone.  A good time to plan activities for my Thanksgiving cruise.

Prayers for all that need them and hurrahs for all who are celebrating. Now to try and catch up on the days that missed reading the Daily.

Jane

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

HAL's latest offer is $99 (i.e., $198) to upgrade from obstructed OV to verandah. Should I? It's the amount they wanted last week to upgrade just to unobstructed, which I would have considered a downgrade because of the location on the Oosterdam.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

HAL's latest offer is $99 (i.e., $198) to upgrade from obstructed OV to verandah. Should I? It's the amount they wanted last week to upgrade just to unobstructed, which I would have considered a downgrade because of the location on the Oosterdam.

I would!   Don’t wait too long as they are first come, first served.  Also have a deck plan available as you usually get a choice.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, superoma said:

We had an absolutely gorgeous day today, so much so that I took my bike out. We have a safe trail not far from us. I was able to ride 8 kilometres which isn’t a lot except I haven’t been on the bike since early summer. I picked up a used step thru bike in May for an incredible deal and it is easy to ride. Just need to do it more often.

IMG_0203.jpegI’m envious, walking is treacherous here.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I received an offer from an inside to an unobstructed OV for my upcoming cruise. Same price. A couple of weeks ago it was $396 for an obstructed OV.  Took it. 👍. Good luck to you if you decide to do it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I would!   Don’t wait too long as they are first come, first served.  Also have a deck plan available as you usually get a choice.  

The deciding factor is that this cruise is to celebrate my retirement.

Come to think of it, on other cruise lines I have bid that much for an upgrade, only then there's no choice of location. I already had the deck plan open when I noticed that it's too late to call tonight. Oh, and I have a gift certificate to cover it.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

The deciding factor is that this cruise is to celebrate my retirement.

Come to think of it, on other cruise lines I have bid that much for an upgrade, only then there's no choice of location. I already had the deck plan open when I noticed that it's too late to call tonight. Oh, and I have a gift certificate to cover it.

Good luck getting it.

Roy

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I would jump on that if they're not already gone. Congrats!

• Like 3